Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 15:32   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Ok, do collect it. Never know when you will need them.
And do try to find out which map they used and how it was selected.
I collected the OE silencers over the weekend, cleaned, repacked and stored them to be used when needed. I got the information that the tune number used was 020507.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 20:14   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Some pix which was taken 2years ago! Not sure if I have posted this before though .
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-tmp_17422wp_20140726_07_03_05_pro1360327598.jpg  

Old 25th August 2016, 11:40   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Bonnie owners; Check out my report of

Triumph Bonneville SE vs. Kawasaki Versys 650

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4041636

Hope you like it and be kind enough to highlight if my feedback is incorrect in any manner
Old 24th October 2016, 10:16   #1039

Where can i get headlight ears like this for my T100? (found this pic on pinterest)
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-bonnie-ears.jpg  

Old 29th October 2016, 17:49   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
Where can i get headlight ears like this for my T100? (found this pic on pinterest)
Cheapest option - take them out of your bike (I take that you have a T100) get it chrome plated from a reputed company (there are may good Chrome platers in Bangalore or in Pune, I am sure) and use them.

Or, if you don't want to work with the originals on your bike, buy some thing from ebay or so - get it plated and use them - see the two links below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3220231911...099&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TRIUMPH-BONNE...kAAOSwNRdX82ie

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 13th June 2017, 14:58   #1041

Looking to replace my Bonneville's battery. Any idea where I can get the battery in Bangalore outside of the service center? The service center mentioned 2-3 weeks for obtaining the battery.
Old 13th June 2017, 16:23   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
Looking to replace my Bonneville's battery. Any idea where I can get the battery in Bangalore outside of the service center? The service center mentioned 2-3 weeks for obtaining the battery.
If you know the battery specs such as capacity, etc. you can try and source either from Amaron or similar brands.

How much did the service center quote for a new piece though and how long did your factory fitted battery last? When I asked the ASC mechanics, I got varied answers on the battery life, ranging from 3 years to 6 years.
Old 13th June 2017, 16:28   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
I'm currently using an AC Delco battery. Slightly lower capacity (9AH vs 12AH for stock) but 140ccu. Works perfectly, and cost me 2k.
Old 13th June 2017, 20:30   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
If you know the battery specs such as capacity, etc. you can try and source either from Amaron or similar brands.

How much did the service center quote for a new piece though and how long did your factory fitted battery last? When I asked the ASC mechanics, I got varied answers on the battery life, ranging from 3 years to 6 years.
Mine is a Yuasa YTX-12BS. It is a 10 ah battery. The service center was quoting around 6 K. Mine lasted 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I'm currently using an AC Delco battery. Slightly lower capacity (9AH vs 12AH for stock) but 140ccu. Works perfectly, and cost me 2k.
Thanks for the tip. I will check this one out.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th June 2017 at 20:38.
Old 27th June 2017, 00:28   #1045
Senior - BHPian

What are the Triumph dealers across India charging for the chain clean up and adjusting for Bonnveille? Just want to compare the charges with my dealer in Chandigarh, I think I got a inflated bill this time. But I think charges should be same apart from tax and now with GST it should be same too in future.
Old 27th June 2017, 01:03   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
What are the Triumph dealers across India charging for the chain clean up and adjusting for Bonnveille? Just want to compare the charges with my dealer in Chandigarh, I think I got a inflated bill this time. But I think charges should be same apart from tax and now with GST it should be same too in future.
I was charged 201. Bill attached. My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-1498505625896.jpg
Old 27th June 2017, 02:44   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I was charged 201. Bill attached. Attachment 1651532
Thanks, but that's only for lubrication/cleaning and not adjustment. Although that's about right.

Should the charges be same for same work carried across India at Triumph workshop or its upto the dealer to charge whatever charges at it's own will?

Last edited by Randhawa : 27th June 2017 at 02:49.
Old 29th January 2018, 16:07   #1048
BHPian

Any previous gen Bonnie owners have test ridden the new version street scrambler? I am on the look out for a regular usage bike and I love what the triumph bikes stand for. I have a cruiser for the longer rides. Any help in clearing my selection dilemma would be whole heartedly appreciated.
My choices are to go for a pre worshipped Bonnie SE or a Scrambler.
Finance of course is the limiting factor. May be I have to wait for the first batch of used scramblers. Is the scrambler worth the extra money and wait as opposed to available SE??
I am a r15 and Yezdi combo sort of person. I would love my ride to take me past just smooth roads and be in its elements. Will just a suspension swap in SE (and may be a mixed type tyre?) make it comfortable on bad patches. I mean bad roads specifically. True Off roading will be limited.
Or is there more to the ride quality the scrambler brings than just better suspension and grip?
Old 30th January 2018, 09:25   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterSon View Post
Any previous gen Bonnie owners have test ridden the new version street scrambler? I am on the look out for a regular usage bike and I love what the triumph bikes stand for. I have a cruiser for the longer rides. Any help in clearing my selection dilemma would be whole heartedly appreciated.
My choices are to go for a pre worshipped Bonnie SE or a Scrambler.
Finance of course is the limiting factor. May be I have to wait for the first batch of used scramblers. Is the scrambler worth the extra money and wait as opposed to available SE??
I am a r15 and Yezdi combo sort of person. I would love my ride to take me past just smooth roads and be in its elements. Will just a suspension swap in SE (and may be a mixed type tyre?) make it comfortable on bad patches. I mean bad roads specifically. True Off roading will be limited.
Or is there more to the ride quality the scrambler brings than just better suspension and grip?
While i don't have answers to your specific questions but if you are looking for a scrambler, why not the Ducati really? The internet is flooded with how much fun it is compared to the Bonnie Scrambler given its lighter body and higher power figures. There can be arguments and counter arguments till cows come home but you have to decide on which one you want. And a regular Bonnie won't suffice to take you past smooth roads. I've been riding one and it bottoms out pretty much on all oddly designed speed breakers that we have now got used to finding in the city lately. And while you can take it to any roads if you wish, i doubt you will enjoy it that much. Its supremely planted & refined in the city and extremely classy-well made but it is heavy. Neither your R15 nor the Jawa would come close in terms of weight.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 30th January 2018 at 09:26.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 14:06   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterSon View Post
Any previous gen Bonnie owners have test ridden the new version street scrambler?
I have a previous generation Bonneville SE and I was seriously considering the new Street Scrambler. Thanks to the awesome folks at Triumph Pune, I got multiple extended test drives of the new Scrambler which cleared a lot of my doubts. Just for reference, I'm 5'7" tall with an inseam of 32". I weigh 66kgs.

Here are the good bits.
  • The Scrambler feels lighter and is more agile as compared to my SE. This is interesting as the SE has 17" front wheels while the Scrambler is 19".
  • The Scrambler has lovely handlebars which are wider and more upright. Excellent for leverage and good direction changes.
  • I could easily stand upright and ride. On the Bonnie I have to crouch slightly.
  • I did some mild off-roading. It wasn't comprehensive but the Scrambler was at home and very easy to ride. I think it shares the same suspension with the Street twin with the same amount of travel but it has been raised.
  • I think the Scrambler will do just fine in most off-road scenarios due to it's light weight and manoeuvrability. It's also a simple bike which is something I appreciate.

And the not so good bits.
  • I'm not a fan of the exhaust positioning. While it looks cool, I could feel a lot more heat on my calves as compared to the SE.
  • I liked the SE a lot more on open highways. It felt more stable than the Scrambler. Perhaps it is the extra weight of the SE. Perhaps I was more used to my bike.
  • I didn't like the power delivery of the Scrambler. It makes all its power low down but the overall power is lower than the SE. It makes more torque. When I rode the Scrambler at high speeds, I got the initial surge but it starts to taper out the faster you go. The SE on the other hand accelerates in a linear manner which I prefer.

Eventually the power delivery of the Scrambler made me drop the idea of getting one. I would end up paying 10 lakhs for a bike that was better off-road but was not as good as my SE on the highways which is where I would spend 80% of my time.

Here's a detailed video from Tec Bike Parts which talks about the power delivery problems in the Street Scrambler and ways to get around it.

On paper the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled looks like a great bike. I think it would be better off-road as compared to the Triumph and it makes more power. It costs 12 lakhs on road but the stretch would be worth making if it rides well. Unfortunately Ducati Pune did not have a DS for a test ride so I couldn't compare.

Hope this helps in your decision.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks