Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 18:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Congrats on your bike mobike008. Wishing you years of happy and safe riding. Would like to get more in-depth review of the bike from you once the adulation stage gets over. And waiting for you to drive down to Delhi/Meerut so we can have the comparo you have been wishing for because as of now Triumph Delhi is nowhere in sight to enable me to take a test ride.

Could you clarify the 'tested' 192kmph stat? Has that been tested by you or are you going by youtube videos which I wouldn't be relying upon. Because most reviews I read rate it as 115mph (185kmph). Also is the 140mm ground clearance an official figure for the current bike as many reviews have stated it as 120mm?

Last edited by dkaile : 25th February 2014 at 18:17.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 19:55   #32
BHPian

A brilliant & passionate ownership experience. And your shutterbug friends have done a fantastic job with the camera. I was away from the office today attending to my new steed and so soon your post is already in its third page...shows how eagerly people have been waiting for your experience.

Ride safe and wish you many many miles of happy motoring.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:43   #33
BHPian

Great write-up Avi, deserving of 5 stars!
If everything goes as planned, will see her in the flesh this Saturday.

Congrats on you new love (again). Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe motoring.
Cheers!!
Sabby-069 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:58   #34

Congratulations!! A passionate ownership experience penned and could not have expected anything else from you. You did the inevitable, strengthen my urge to plonk the big ones
rishi.nandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Avinash,

A great start and comes out with all you feel for the bike.

As has been mentioned by many, the the "armada" of your shutter bug friends have done full justice to the "glamour of Bonnie" and brought it out in real time.

I am sure that if Bonnie could speak, mine would be asking me, why I didn't bother to get her pros to do a phonto shoot when she was new

Shall speak to you tomorrow some time

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:38   #36
BHPian

Hearty congratulations sir for the lovely motorcycle. Wish you many many blissful miles on it.

Kudos to your photographer friends too, they have captured the beauty very well.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

I will not say congrats anymore but i will just ask,when you are riding down to Bangalore? :-) Would be wonderful to meet up with you and your beauty.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 23:17   #38
BHPian

Congrats man, hope I could see you sometime near HiTec city.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 00:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avi. You and r_nairtvm are guilty for having me drool over this machine for hours on end.

Would really like to hear how it sounds. I am in two shoes. Should i or shouldnt I. Time will tell if its me against my brain and heart.

+1 to dkaile too. Would really love to hear both of your opinions together. All for competition between two Nato allies.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 01:12   #40
BHPian

Congrats again and wish you many memorable miles on the bonnie.

Knowing your writing style(from your reviews/ownership experiences), I was waiting to see your thread and must say you did not disappoint. Some of the pics are too good.

Like others mentioned get rid of front number plate and saree guard at the earliest and get some nice gear to go with black beauty.

P.S : Just in case if you want to get the bar end mirrors,let me know. I have a pair lying un-used with me, you can try them out,to get the feel of how they look on bonnie in person.

Cheers and ride safe.

Regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 02:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avi! Awesome write up and kudos to your shutterbug friends for the way they have made the Black Bruiser stand out in the pics!! And nice name too!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I will not say congrats anymore but i will just ask,when you are riding down to Bangalore? Would be wonderful to meet up with you and your beauty.
Don't me surprised. I plan to do that soon along with some of my other Bonneville owner friends in Hyderabad.

So, you'll get to meet a trio of Bonnies, if not one

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Congrats Avi. You and r_nairtvm are guilty for having me drool over this machine for hours on end.Would really like to hear how it sounds. I am in two shoes. Should i or shouldnt I.
Maddy, if your in the foray to buy a new bike then you should considered the Bonneville seriously along with Harley's if your considering similar type of bikes. And, Iam confident of what your decision would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Avi! Awesome write up and kudos to your shutterbug friends for the way they have made the Black Bruiser stand out in the pics!! And nice name too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thanks Abhinav. You would not beileve our entire mod fraternity got on to the job of naming my Bonnie and there were literally 100's of names floating around with some of them so funny, we all laughed our guts out. Finally, it was Suhaas who came up with this name.

Thanks Suhaas for naming my bonnie a "Bruiser (Fighter)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Knowing your writing style(from your reviews/ownership experiences), I was waiting to see your thread and must say you did not disappoint. Some of the pics are too good.Like others mentioned get rid of front number plate and saree guard at the earliest and get some nice gear to go with black beauty.
Thanks Harsha. Repositioning the number plate and saree gaurd is definetly in the anvil. However, it will happen once registration formalities are completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
P.S : Just in case if you want to get the bar end mirrors,let me know. I have a pair lying un-used with me, you can try them out,to get the feel of how they look on bonnie in person.
That would be wonderful. Let me know how/when I can pick them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
As has been mentioned by many, the the "armada" of your shutter bug friends have done full justice to the "glamour of Bonnie" and brought it out in real time.Shall speak to you tomorrow some time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
A brilliant & passionate ownership experience. And your shutterbug friends have done a fantastic job with the camera. I was away from the office today attending to my new steed and so soon your post is already in its third page...shows how eagerly people have been waiting for your experience.
Ram and Haroon, I must blame you both for making me buy the Triumph Bonneville.

After being smitten with a simple first test ride, your encouraging comments about the Bonneville clinched the deal for me.

Reason for blaming you is those praises for the Bonneville werent coming from a novice but, from one gentleman who is an experienced world-wide bike tourer (Haroon) and another a long term owner of a Triumph Bonneville (Ram) who has also owned different big capacity bikes including an Harley Davidson Iron 883

Thank you both for introducing me to this beauty !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Great write-up Avi, deserving of 5 stars! If everything goes as planned, will see her in the flesh this Saturday.
Congrats on you new love (again). Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe motoring.
Thanks Sabby. I already mentioned about you in my previous post. "New Rider on the Block"..LOL.

Congrats on your new Classic 500 Desert Storm and lets hit the highway this saturday. Cheers !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats on your bike mobike008. Wishing you years of happy and safe riding. Would like to get more in-depth review of the bike from you once the adulation stage gets over. And waiting for you to drive down to Delhi/Meerut so we can have the comparo you have been wishing for because as of now Triumph Delhi is nowhere in sight to enable me to take a test ride.
Thanks Dheeraj. This review was written after riding my bike for 450kms + 100kms of riding Absythguzzler bike which i feel is sufficient for forming a decent opinion about the bike.

Long term ownership is definetly the right basis to form an overall impression about the bike but, since Ram Nair on our forum is already an owner of this bike for over 3 years and has nothing but, praises for the Bonnie till date, i have to agree with his long term opinion after just riding the Bonnie just over 500kms.

With regards to your offer of me riding down to Meerut. If your paying for my petrol expenses, i may take you up on that offer and I dont have to worry as I have family in Meerut, so my lodging is taken care of...LOL

Not sure if you have read this thread where I visited your town during this mammoth 5500kms drive in my Chevrolet Cruze :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...let-cruze.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Could you clarify the 'tested' 192kmph stat? Has that been tested by you or are you going by Youtube videos which I wouldn't be relying upon. Because most reviews I read rate it as 115mph (185kmph). Also is the 140mm ground clearance an official figure for the current bike as many reviews have stated it as 120mm?
Measured top speed is from the detailed test ride report as shared by JKdas.

And, with regards to ground clearance there are plenty of sources on internet which claim 140mm but, since there are varied figures floating around the internet even iam doubtful of their veracity but, trust me its way better than an Iron 883 which is 120mm.

Will continue my quest to reconfirm the 140mm ground clearance figure.

However, in real time what matters is I can go over 80% of speedbreakers without even releasing throttle than GC figures on a technical spec sheet.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th February 2014 at 09:08.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi,

Much awaited and expected Super thread with eye popping pictures, kudos to you and the budding photography friends' of yours!!

Congratulations, once again and the delivery event is no less than any celebrity launches. I still feel bad for the film/TV actress who was there for her husband's T100 delivery, which did not get much attention either inside the showroom or outside on the road!!

The Triumph can take you on their honorary payrolls for the details/info and the brand propaganda!

Did you buy the Triumph key chain or was it in the welcome pack given to you(if there was one?)? Remember we asked them for it and they said we have to purchase it from them.

C'mon- please do not make HD sound so bad! After all- I am waiting for their Street 750 to be launched to take the dive!!

Time for a bike cum car TBHP Hyd chapter drive now!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Avi on this beautiful addition to your garage! As you know I don't really fancy myself a bike person but suffice to say if I were, our tastes would be very similar. I loved riding your Bullet 500 and look forward to my next visit to Hyderabad now to experience the Triumph Bonneville as well

I was watching World's Fastest Indian again the day you announced you got your Bonnie; it's one of my favourite films. Wish you many million miles on this ebony beauty!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:34   #45
BHPian

Avi Bhai, Congrats!! on the purchase of your new bike. Super write up and pictures. Truly admire your passion for bikes now!!
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks