Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 16:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Hi mobike 008.

The Triump is the bike i was looking for for a long time and finally its here.
Thanks for an excellent report.
Im contemplating buying one, and i noticed they do not have a dealer in Mumbai.
Could you share, how much time for delivery from the time of booking?
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 17:07   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Will respond to all your queries as soon as possible.

Having tough times at work but, cannot help taking a quick peek here

Another feature I was impressed about Bonnie is its stock headlamps. It illuminates the night beautifully !!

I havent even looked into the manual yet to know whats the specifications but, they are no less than any car

Light spread is quite wide and throw is pretty long too

Low Beam

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-low-beam.jpg

High Beam

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-high-beam.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 17:33   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy
Why you wondering, On the launch thread itself its mentioned. The Shaman Mercedes dealers have the Triumph dealership as well. The showroom opens in March (as per what i have been told) at Andheri East. The booking has been open from January for the bikes..the booking amount for most vehicles is Rs 1 lakh. If you need the Triumph dealership heads number, let me know, i shall PM it to you.
Speedy,

I do remember reading about Shaman taking the dealership but have been waiting for official confirmation on the triumph website. Thanks for the heads up. Sure I would be able to dig up the contact on the www. If i have a problem, I will PM you. Have they given any tentative dates for delivery?

Avi,

Yes the Bonnie is on the list. Have cleared out the garage for it. Sold all the other bikes, just hanging on to a 1973 Honda cb350four

Last edited by aah78 : 10th May 2014 at 01:05. Reason: Quote fixed.
53BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, Will respond to all your queries as soon as possible.

Having tough times at work but, cannot help taking a quick peek here

Another feature I was impressed about Bonnie is its stock headlamps. It illuminates the night beautifully !!

I havent even looked into the manual yet to know whats the specifications but, they are no less than any car

Light spread is quite wide and throw is pretty long too

Low Beam

Attachment 1212913

High Beam

Attachment 1212914
The bonnie has a 60/55w bulb set up,looks quite good
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-bonnie_specs.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:27   #80
BHPian

Congrats on purchasing the gorgeous Bonnie, mobike008!

This bike has been on my wish list for many years now and since I knew I could never own one (not unless my oil tycoon uncle that I haven't met yet leaves me a healthy inheritance) so I made one for myself. Pic attached.

Congrats again. Ride hard and safe!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-triumph-parked-alley.jpg  

Bluu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 20:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
This bike has been on my wish list for many years now and since I knew I could never own one (not unless my oil tycoon uncle that I haven't met yet leaves me a healthy inheritance) so I made one for myself.
One statement that is often repeated by Shaikh Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai and Vice President of UAE is "The world belongs to those who dare to dream and work hard towrads making it (dreams) a reality"

The same in essence was the catch line of the Advertisement for Rajdoot RD 350, when it was launched in India in 1983 - "For those who dare to live their dreams".

I for one does not have any rich uncle or any unusual inheritance, but I could get my dream bike at 51, of course with the unreserved blessing from ALLMIGHTY.

You still have 20 years to get to that age and don't worry Bonnie will be still there.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 27th February 2014 at 20:22.
r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 12:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
I do remember reading about Shaman taking the dealership but have been waiting for official confirmation on the triumph website. Thanks for the heads up. Sure I would be able to dig up the contact on the www. If i have a problem, I will PM you. Have they given any tentative dates for delivery?
53BHP,

The official website only shows existing showrooms and not upcoming ones, so you won't get the Bombay and other state dealership details till they are operational. I was told i would get my bike once the showroom is operational. They did have a few demo and display bikes at their stockyard and at a recent Mercedes Drive that was hosted by Shaman Mercedes had kept the Bonnie and the T100 on display.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 13:31   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru153 View Post
Congratulations on your new bike. Let me be honest, i was in the look of a decent bike. So had shortlisted HD 750 & Iron 883. But after reading your initial test drive experience and going thru the bike specs, i guess, i have fallen in love with this bike.
Please ride both bikes. Iron 883 and Bonnville, preferably back to back and you will get an immediate idea about which bike will suit you better. I did exactly this and being a peformance lover, Iron 883 stood nowhere in the horizon except for its drop dead gorgeous looks

It would be unfair to compare HD 750 with a Bonneville with regards to performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru153 View Post
1. How is triumph compared to HD 750?
2. I am almost 6 ft and more than 100 kilos of weight. Given this can i take around the corners on this bike comfortably?
3. I also want to take along my wife as well, along with me on cruiser rides to places near by? Can both(rider and pillion) be seated comfortably for long rides say, 150 to 200 kms at a stretch?
4. Is there any road side assistance provided by the dealers, if yes what are the conditions?
5. Average maintenance cost per service?
6. Are the metzylers tubeless tyres??
7. Does the engine gets overheated , like that of TB, CBR, Duke 390 in bumper to bumper traffic, which are normal in bangalore?
8. From an accessory perspective, i was thinking of windshield and back rest? How much did they quote, when you enquired?
Here are my honest response to your queries

1. Incorrect or Incomplete question. Not sure if you wanted to ask how is Triumph compared to Harley or Bonneville compared to HD 750. Eitherways, brand and model selection is purely individual choices

2. As mentioned in previous posts, Iam also similarly sized, you can bend in corners effortlessly and that feeling is uncomparable

3. 200kms ride on a Bonneville is not a long ride. I have already done one such ride till date and tomorrow another is planned with wifey sitting on pillion. She has till date enjoyed the city rides and has already commented seats are much more comfortable than my Classic 500. Only issue is wifes will stop you from riding at a pace which Bonnie has to be ridden and that becomes really uncomfortable as keeping the Bonnie below 80kmph is really a tough task. So thats a plus and minus for rides with a better half

4. Good Point. I have not even enquired about this till date. Will enquire and report back

5. 5.5K per service. Atleasts thats what the first service at 800kms will cost me and next service is at 10,000kms or 1 year

6. Yes. Metzlers are tubeless and extremely good tyres. I had couple of close calls ( people crossing divider suddenly, someone weaving into my lane) in my 450kms of riding and soley due to tyres, it didnt amount to anything as bike stuck to its course even during hard braking and swerving. Iam very impressed with them.

7. Yes. During stop-gap traffic, engine does heat up quite a bit. Jeans seems to be a mandatory trouser to be safe..LOL But, you dont feel a thing when your riding in morning or on highways. I have noted engine heating up only during traffic and late evenings.

8. Bonneville comes with a backrest, unless you want something like a RE Thunderbird that is much higher. With regards to costs, its still hazy. will know in few more days

Hope that helps !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Bombay dealer has taken Rs.1 lakh as booking amount from me and hence i mentioned it
Oh ok. Here in Hyderabad, irrespective of the bike your buying. Booking amount is Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
http://www.bonnefication.com/ellaspede-eb043-2007-triumph-bonneville/
Thanks for sharing this. The seats and rear wheels look absolutely fantastic. Iam in love with that Kangaroo seats. They look so plush and comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Could you share, how much time for delivery from the time of booking?
Rebel Motors, Hyderabad made a smart move.

They ordered atleast 25 Bonnevilles and my bike was immediately available.

No waiting period. Hyderabad has sold the maximum Bonnies till date. Within the first month, they sold nearly 20 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
This bike has been on my wish list for many years now and since I knew I could never own one (not unless my oil tycoon uncle that I haven't met yet leaves me a healthy inheritance) so I made one for myself.
Thanks. Keep on dreaming and work towards turning them into reality. Iam sure it will happen soon. Goodluck !!

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2014 at 13:33.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 11:58   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been a hectic week at work and equally eventful weekend till now.

Went out for a ride both on a Saturday and Sunday

Saturday, wife also joined for the ride and total ride was about 100kms and she felt really comfortable with Bonnie's seats and gave a definete thumbs up over our RE Classic 500. Will share this ride pics in next post

Today morning, some friends joined for a ride and coincidentally all bikes were Bonnies (6 of them ) except for 1 Thunderbird Storm

My total ride was for about 150kms and I returned home early due to other committments while other riders went ahead for another 30-40kms on the beautiful 4-lane NH7 towards Nagpur

We were all riding sanely between 80kmph-110kmph and weather was absolutely fantastic, cold, beautiful nip in the air and felt refreshed and energized after a lovely south indian breakfast
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140302wa007_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140302_084147_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140302_083356_edit.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations once again Mobike. The bike looks stunning. Ride safe and enjoy every moment of it. Nice jacket by the way.

Would really love to hear the sound coming from those lovely looking pipes in stock form.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today morning, some friends joined for a ride and coincidentally all bikes were Bonnies (6 of them ) except for 1 Thunderbird Storm
Avinash,

From the picture it looks like all the bikes on TR (Temp Registration) ? Why is it so ? Is there any issue with Registration with RTO ? Or is it that the owners have applied for favourite numbers and are waiting for it to come up ?

I heard some such news (issues with RTO) from some Bangalore guys and the proposed Kochi dealer also said that he is still running from pillar to post to have the homologations recorded in the Kerala RTO system

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:24   #87
BHPian

great review for a great bike, its so amazing to see the non functional carbs on the bike, though the bike remains FI
worrisomebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:11   #88
BHPian

Quote:
It's been a hectic week at work and equally eventful weekend till now.

Went out for a ride both on a Saturday and Sunday

My total ride was for about 150kms and I returned home early due to other committments while other riders went ahead for another 30-40kms on the beautiful 4-lane NH7 towards Nagpur
Loved seeing all the Triumph band lined up especially when they are all AP registered I must say the weather has been suddenly so good since last 2 days for you must have had a great drive. Did u get a chance to drive the Tbird , would like to know how it felt as I feel its a great cruiser
Old 3rd March 2014, 00:52   #89

Congrats on the triumph! You might find yourself spending more time on choosing between your white and black motors for your trips here on in! Wishing you many happy and safe rides! Enjoy!
Shadowbane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 01:08   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
great review for a great bike, its so amazing to see the non functional carbs on the bike, though the bike remains FI
Actually its a beautiful piece of engineering design. The carburetor mock-ups are integral part of the EFI system of the bike. They form the air intake of the EFI system and in that sense you can't call them non functional.

Also the value they add to the retro look is invaluable - have a look at the new bullets and compare it with a carb bullet you will know what I am talking about.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed