Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 12:32   #76
BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Beauty in the Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Quick question, what was the top speed you felt comfortable riding your 883 before you experienced wobbling?
If I may, I also have an Iron 883 and it is far in excess of speeds I am allowed to mention on this forum. I've gone to the limit I am comfortable with and the bike still had power to spare and was rock solid. Hope that helped.
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
If I may, I also have an Iron 883 and it is far in excess of speeds I am allowed to mention on this forum. I've gone to the limit I am comfortable with and the bike still had power to spare and was rock solid. Hope that helped.
How far? So far I have gone upto 120Kmph... but I am still fairly new
Old 17th June 2016, 15:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
How far? So far I have gone upto 120Kmph... but I am still fairly new
Don't worry about speed my friend. This bike is not really about speed but munching miles. Have done some immersive numbers but not experienced any wobbling. Anyways, the loss of nerve comes before the loss of control!!

Enjoy the ride. Cheers
Old 16th July 2016, 19:35   #79

Guys, I'm thinking about going in for Vance & Hines Short Shots for my 2016 Iron 883. A dealer in Bangalore is quoting around 50,000 for the same. However, he's also insisting that I need to upgrade the air filter and add a Fuelpak as well for adjustment of the air fuel ratio. This adds another 56,000 to the bill, pushing the total to over a lakh. I was just wondering, will running the Short Shots with the stock air filter and without any tuning lead to engine problems? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Beauty in the Beast-screenshot_20160716193038.png  

Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Beauty in the Beast-screenshot_20160716193043.png  

Old 18th July 2016, 12:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-58 View Post
Guys, I'm thinking about going in for Vance & Hines Short Shots for my 2016 Iron 883. A dealer in Bangalore is quoting around 50,000 for the same. However, he's also insisting that I need to upgrade the air filter and add a Fuelpak as well for adjustment of the air fuel ratio. This adds another 56,000 to the bill, pushing the total to over a lakh. I was just wondering, will running the Short Shots with the stock air filter and without any tuning lead to engine problems? Thanks in advance.
Short shots is a Full system unlike slip on's. Engine definitely would need to be remapped for Free flow intake as well.

Just using short shots without FuelPak or any mapping device / plus stage 2 intake -- your engine will be shot in a very short time!

So if your intent is just noise/sound upgradge -- Choose a Slip on!
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 11:57   #81
BHPian

Beautiful machine there AC! Fortunately, Chandigarh/adjoining areas have some of the best roads in the country to enjoy such a bike. Personally, I cant wait to take my new ride to Kasauli/Narkanda!

Off topic, were you at Chauhan/Chitkara coaching during the 1999-2001 period! you look familiar!

Cheers and safe riding
Rohan
rohan.xj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:10   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Short shots is a Full system unlike slip on's. Engine definitely would need to be remapped for Free flow intake as well.

Just using short shots without FuelPak or any mapping device / plus stage 2 intake -- your engine will be shot in a very short time!

So if your intent is just noise/sound upgradge -- Choose a Slip on!
Thank you sir, I'm now considering getting the Vance & Hines FP3 as well.
MM-58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 13:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
It's reasonably simple, with any full system you will at the minimum need a FP to remap the bike. After spending so much, I would definitely also upgrade the filters to get my money's worth out of the upgrade.
Old 28th July 2016, 21:03   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I second what Shubz said. A friend of mine picked the V&H exhausts and ran without the other upgrades. Started having problems almost immediately. Suggest, if you are following your passion and busting the bank do it all in one go. From experience, it is worth the investment.
Old 13th February 2018, 08:13   #85
BHPian

Hi guys.

Planning to pick up at used 2013 883 with very few miles on it (less than 5k). The bike has been unused for a while. What are the things to look out for on the bike. Do you guys recommend getting a checkup done by the local Harley showroom to ensure the bike is in good shape

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks