Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 09:21   #211
BHPian

Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Man, it seems I'm always ill informed about the dates and all. Even I never noticed the tank issue, rather I loved the matt black tank and its finish. Anyways I look forward to the actual production bike and some really good ownership reports here soon.
Could anyone let me know if they have booked the HD Street 750 at Coromandel Harley in Chennai and what the final OTR price is ???
Old 16th April 2014, 11:16   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Could anyone let me know if they have booked the HD Street 750 at Coromandel Harley in Chennai and what the final OTR price is ???
the harley website has a on road price calculator I think. If not just download the regional form for exact breakdown of the price .
Old 16th April 2014, 11:48   #213
BHPian

I tried the Harley India website but it doesnt give the OTR price in Chennai. However some other Auto website website says that it is Rs. 4.7 Lakhs OTR. Can anyone who has booked with Cormandel Harley at Chennai please let me know. Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 13:13   #214
BHPian

Why not call the showroom and ask them? They will most definitely tell you the OTR price.
Old 16th April 2014, 13:50   #215
BHPian

Test Ride Happens!

Called up Naga of Tusker HD (Bangalore) yesterday and he said I can come for a test ride any time between Mon-Fri, 10 am to 5 pm. Just back after an awesome test ride, so here are my impressions before I forget:

Amazing acceleration
Touched 100 kph in a few seconds
Ergonomically perfect for my height and build (5'8", 69 kg)
Superb gears, finding neutral is easy (here I missed the heel shifter and kept moving my heel out of habit)
Corners well, as I tried inside Cubbon Park
Looks damn beautiful
Engine note is not a deal breaker at all
Grabs a lot of attention on the road
The footpegs set back means you can stand up and ride over bad roads like on Enfields

What scared me:

Brakes (I can see people going for a second disc up front). Very poor braking and not confidence inspiring at all.

What can be improved:

The handlebar felt too thin, but not a problem.
Paint chipping from the side stand already!

The behavior was impeccable at the dealer's. That's all I wanna say. I didn't observe anything new that hasn't already been reported. Fantastic buy if you don't get too carried away with zooming and are unable to brake in time. A second disc option should be made available from HD, IMHO.
Old 16th April 2014, 15:18   #216
BHPian

Just confirmed with Coromandel Harley at Chennai the following :
- HD Street 750 costs Rs. 4.70 Lakhs On The Road
- Rs. 30,000/- is the booking amount.
- Colours available are Vivid black, Matt Black & Red (No premium on any colour)
- Waiting period is 1.5 months If I book now delivery in end May or early Jun'14
- Test drive available which I have booked for the coming week end.
Old 16th April 2014, 16:52   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Test Ride Happens!

Called up Naga of Tusker HD (Bangalore) yesterday and he said I can come for a test ride any time between Mon-Fri, 10 am to 5 pm. Just back after an awesome test ride, so here are my impressions before I forget:

Amazing acceleration
Touched 100 kph in a few seconds
Ergonomically perfect for my height and build (5'8", 69 kg)
Superb gears, finding neutral is easy (here I missed the heel shifter and kept moving my heel out of habit)
Corners well, as I tried inside Cubbon Park
Looks damn beautiful
Engine note is not a deal breaker at all
Grabs a lot of attention on the road
The footpegs set back means you can stand up and ride over bad roads like on Enfields

What scared me:

Brakes (I can see people going for a second disc up front). Very poor braking and not confidence inspiring at all.

What can be improved:

The handlebar felt too thin, but not a problem.
Paint chipping from the side stand already!

The behavior was impeccable at the dealer's. That's all I wanna say. I didn't observe anything new that hasn't already been reported. Fantastic buy if you don't get too carried away with zooming and are unable to brake in time. A second disc option should be made available from HD, IMHO.
I agree braking is a bit weak with the street, however I couldnt make out much myself. Maybe it has been made a bit weaker due to its slick front tyres. Therefore an option of a twin disc could be even more dangerous, rather an ABS option could be a good additon IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Just confirmed with Coromandel Harley at Chennai the following :
- HD Street 750 costs Rs. 4.70 Lakhs On The Road
- Rs. 30,000/- is the booking amount.
- Colours available are Vivid black, Matt Black & Red (No premium on any colour)
- Waiting period is 1.5 months If I book now delivery in end May or early Jun'14
- Test drive available which I have booked for the coming week end.
Its even cheaper in Chennai compared to Hyd.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:30   #218
Senior - BHPian

The poor braking could also be something to do with the quality of rubber used. Just saying.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:44   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The poor braking could also be something to do with the quality of rubber used. Just saying.
On the last breakfast ride, Tusker sent a Street 750 along with the coterie - and folks rode it for distances ranging from 10-30 kms each.

They all said, bike is peppy,comfortable seating. however everyone said - their hearts were in their mouths when they braked as it seemed like there were no brakes at all. comparing that, the Sportsters and above have amazing brakes. (not being fanboyish here).
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 17:44   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spot on Bro, the MRF rubbers are very hard for this bike and finding a michelin should not be a problem for this bike. Was surprised looking at those MRF Shod tires.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 18:45   #221
BHPian

I just hope HD is listening to all this and they do something about it.
Old 16th April 2014, 18:52   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I thought about this as well but the US based reviews have also lambasted the brakes and they have the michelin tyres . Latest review from some amateur(as in not associated to an auto journal ) chap who got his hands on the street 500 was very harsh on the brakes , called the rear brakes non existent .

BTW the price of a set of tyres -
MRF - 20k
michelin ( superlow version ) - 30k

They could have just offered the option to pay 10k more and equip the bike with michelin .

@abhimanyu
A couple of owners(as in ordered the bike) at another forum communicated their concern to harley and said they received a reply to the effect - we are aware and are trying to iron out the issues. I personally don't expect any major change , at best they might tweak the brakes , shield the connectors a little better etc etc.

Last edited by basuroy : 16th April 2014 at 18:55.
Old 16th April 2014, 20:10   #223
BHPian

Yes, I read those reviews about poor braking even with Michelin. But the feel should be better than with MRF. The Ninja 650 has awesome brakes although it does not have ABS, and my friends have touched crazy speeds because they have so much confidence in the bike's braking ability. The sticky tyres help a lot. They wear out sooner, but you can pay so much price for better handling and stopping ability.

What I felt about the brakes is somewhat like this:

Every time I tried braking using the front lever, it didn't seem to have much play, and did not yield much. The rear brake didn't feel like a disc. It has that drum-brake feel of an Enfield. But Enfields don't go so fast.

However, am so enamoured with the bike, I don't think all this will make much of a difference to me. I will adapt my riding style to the braking available and not really take chances. Gosh, am I saying I will buy this? Am I? Am so in lurrrve!
Old 16th April 2014, 22:20   #224
BHPian

Haha... Was thinking the exact same thing. I'm still soaking in all the views here and all the alerts on the 750 that Google is serving up that I can hardly wait for the deliveries. Of dates are anything to go by, I'll have to come up with the dough sooner than I thought. Note of they only keep visiting these threads and take notes are we going to get the quality that we've all come to expect.

On the breaking front, coming from my Avenger with drums running 140/90R15 rear, discs were more than enough for my style. I could really push has harder than I ever can on my current ride. Even on the first & only run. Maybe it's time for another.
Old 19th April 2014, 07:41   #225

Official!

Bike are going to be handed over for the first batch of bookings on the 24 ie. next Thursday
In Hyderabad. Just can't wait. Need to finish the formalities.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks