Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 14:01   #61
BHPian

Re: A Guide to Owning a Harley-Davidson in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Hyderabad has received their test ride bike for about a week now , confirm with them over phone .
Thanks mate...I just spoke to them, it seems that the sales executive who was handling my request didnt come to work for a week due to some personal problems, hence I didnt get a call from them... I'll be getting my test ride tomorrow..hopefully...

btw @basu, did you get your test ride yet??

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 21st March 2014 at 14:24. Reason: Adding more text
Old 21st March 2014, 14:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Did you take a test ride?
No, Avi! Yet to take the test ride, however the finishing sort of ticked off me. So, the test ride and the decision- both shall wait till HD sorts out the wiring, connectors etc part of the package.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 16:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That could be because the 883 also tops out at 160 kmph. Otherwise there is no reason why this engine won't do more.

The days ahead will likely see exhaust mods and electronic de-restriction.
There is no limiter on the 883. The engine doesn't cut off at 160. one can do more than that. As per forum rules, I guess I am not allowed to talk about how much I did unless it was in a closed circuit. you can pm me for the same if you are keen to know.
Old 21st March 2014, 17:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Thanks mate...I just spoke to them, it seems that the sales executive who was handling my request didnt come to work for a week due to some personal problems, hence I didnt get a call from them... I'll be getting my test ride tomorrow..hopefully...

btw @basu, did you get your test ride yet??
When I visited the dealership at kolkata , they only had display bike. Now I have returned to bareilly and delhi is a 6 hours one way ride , most likely this weekend or next week .
Old 21st March 2014, 17:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
I'll be getting my test ride tomorrow..hopefully...
Look forward to a few pictures of the HD 750 and a report of your test ride here !!!
Old 21st March 2014, 17:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
There is no limiter on the 883. The engine doesn't cut off at 160. one can do more than that. As per forum rules, I guess I am not allowed to talk about how much I did unless it was in a closed circuit. you can pm me for the same if you are keen to know.
I was not talking about the 883 having the limiter.

But you could PM me if you are keen for me to know.

Last edited by ebonho : 21st March 2014 at 17:23.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 17:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I spotted a group of black Street 750's on Faridabad-Gurgaon road yesterday.
Old 21st March 2014, 17:48   #68
BHPian

The bike looks nice but sounds .... ehhh ! May be free flows will help here however, the funniest part was when the second rider in the first video said there is no rev meter on this bike ?

On a harley, Revs !
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 18:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
The bike looks nice but sounds .... ehhh ! May be free flows will help here however, the funniest part was when the second rider in the first video said there is no rev meter on this bike ?

On a harley, Revs !
Just to add - at least in the 2014 Sporster models - there is a RPM/GEAR Indicator Not sure about how it is with Street.
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:49   #70
BANNED

Today I Test Drove Street 750 Vivid Black. Below views are purely mine and not intend to hurt anyone's

First Impression:
When you see Street in person, it’s all together a different bike. In pics it just doesn’t look good and pics doesn’t do justice for Street at all. In person Bike looks a lot like HARLEY and you can see good finish and awesome paint quality if you compare with other Brand bikes. Yes wiring under the Handle looks awkward but that is not at all a deal breaker. Other models like Iron 883 and Superlow also has exposed wiring but wires are less in these as compared to Street 750. Bike looks royal and long with a good wheel base and ground clearance.

When you sit on it:
The Lower seating just was perfect for me who is 5.8in height. Bike is heavy and gives good heavy feeling. When you hold the handle bars it gives a comfortable feel and you don’t have to bend over to hold handle or lean back, it was perfect posture. Once you sit on Bike you forget the visible wiring thing . The Meter is a finished product and doesn’t have cost cutting evidence. Quality looks good on meter. Controls are different from Iron and not cheap at all. Controls are lesser and contains engine kill switch and starter button on right and high/low beam, turn signals switch on left. Mirrors look small but you can get used to it with time. Tear drop Tank looks huge and again feels good.

When you Ride it:
When you start the ignition, the needle on speedo rotates and then you push the start button and Bike comes to life, the sound has its own sweetness but it’s not at all loud. It Like a V-Rod with stock exhausts but not that loud. When I test drove Iron 883 it was neither loud. For loudness one will have to upgrade to Screaming Eagles. Due to Norms I guess it’s not loud. Bike has mid-mount controls which I used to feel is not right and it should have forward controls but when I rode for 4-5 kms I felt mid-mount controls were much comfortable. Gear changing is very smooth/effortless and doesn’t have a loud CLANK sound that Iron gearbox has. I accidently twisted throttle and WHOOP it was a rocket, it almost threw me off it . Street has tremendous power and very happy about it. However I am not kind of guy who drives like crazy but sometimes you need that kind of power to accelerate. After that I was just cruising on 3rd 4th gear and it was a very comfortable ride. The riding posture was pretty good and you can cruise for hours on it. Suspension felt good and soft and ride was not at all bumpy. Bike I rode had done 250kms. I couldn’t use 6th gear as distance was less. But at end of ride was very happy and satisfied. No issue with getting bike in Neutral.

My Verdict:
Street 750 is definitely yes for me. Wiring issue is not a show-stopper and I can live with that. I am really happy with power, acceleration and comfortable this bike is. Seat height is low and it feels good too. Will upgrade to screaming eagles if would require louder sound later on.

My View of the MB Review, Below views are purely mine and not intend to hurt anyone's:

1. First is the wiring, there is a lot of it and it’s very exposed too, right near the steering (before the tank starts) to the rear brake (blue colour wires visible) and the horn has two open wires which are spotted at first sight. While most critical wires are heat wrapped, some of them are exposed and you can see the blue, red wires hanging out openly -As I mentioned above, not a show-stopper

2. Fit and finish isn’t good either at most places and you can see poor welding and lack of symmetry in quite a few areas.- It looked good and premium to me, Was able to see welding’s in Iron and SuperLow as well

3. The rear brake master-cylinder is a decade old.- Not sure if this is a BIG Issue

4. the Footpegs don’t have springs and when you ride the Street 750, you inadvertently tend to close the pegs.- Footpegs dint get close when I test Drove but might get on long rides,It doesn’t sound issue to me

5. Street 750 has been made for the urban environment and for newbie riders. The seat height is too low, in fact if you are above 5 feet 10 inches in height, you are going to face a problem with your hips taking the beating.- For People with good height Custom Seats are available, For me who is 5.8 it fit pretty well.

6. The Street 750 doesn’t sound like a typical Harley. While the company has tried to give it the same vocals, it lacks the bass and loudness of other Harley bikes. The 2×1 exhaust simply doesn’t sound loud and throaty, no where near the SuperLow either – Iron and Superlow dint sounded loud to me with stock exhausts and yes Street sounds different then again it sounds like v-rod which I am Ok with, Can upgrade to screaming eagles for louder sound.

7. The hard compound MRF tyres lack grip though and prevent you from pushing the motorcycle into tight corners.- This is an Urban Bike and not a racing bike where you need to drive like crazy, Braking looked fine and Tyre could have been Pirelli if HD can have them in export models , but Mrf felt fine

8. The Aquila has much better quality than the Street, there is no visible wiring there and in spite of not having a rear disc brake, braking performance on the Hyosung is miles better than the Street.- Comparing a 250CC bike to 750CC is insane I guess, Aquila has lot of chrome which must have attracted editor Hyosung can never compete with Harley Davidson.

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-8.jpg
Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-10.jpg
Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-11.jpg
Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-13.jpg

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd March 2014 at 15:07. Reason: Reducing number of smileys
W@nnaR@ce is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 15:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Man someone please explain to me what is this big huge fuss about exposed wires. I mean, its a bike. It will have cables, it will have wires! Where are these wires supposed to go? Inside the frame like the chopper mod guys do (Orange County etc.)? I mean its ok to talk about it once or twice. But the way people are going on and on and on and on about this wire thing, one would think one has been transported on to another planet where a bike is no longer about riding, but about making sure everything is neat and tidy to put in a showcase in an art museum. Saw the same thing many places when the Duke 390 was launched. The very first comments had a lot to do with "oh exposed wires, very bad tch tch" type comments. Not just forums, but auto mags and professional boards as well who do this for a living and actually get paid to write such stuff.

P.S. Nice review wannarace. The red and black one does look yummier by the minute.

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd March 2014 at 16:00.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 16:10   #72
BHPian

^ I thought it was only me who didn't have a problem with the wires showing. For a bike with a full fairing, i would understand when people complain about the exposed wires. But in this bike

As long as the wires are insulated and reasonably protected near the bends i guess it should be fine!
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its a bike. It will have cables, it will have wires! Where are these wires supposed to go?
They just did a incomplete kind of a job covering them up. I can hardly see them in my Superlow. Give me 200 bucks worth of proper covering material and I will show them how it ought to have been done .
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
They just did a incomplete kind of a job covering them up. I can hardly see them in my Superlow. Give me 200 bucks worth of proper covering material and I will show them how it ought to have been done .
Let me ask you a more basic question.

Why do you want to cover them up?

Do they have some sort of unsightly disease?

Will covering them up add 5 bhp to the performance?
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do you want to cover them up?
Doesn't go well with the aesthetics and the class of a bike with a 'Harley' stamp on it . Harleys are not known for class leading performance but they are known for class leading build quality and attention to detail which every other bike maker craves for...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks