Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 10:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Is the HD 750 version going to be made available in India have different make front forks and tyres than the ones available elsewhere in the world?

Considering it would be manafactured for the globe in India, I assume components used for entire bike should be same as export version
Old 25th March 2014, 12:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

The Original ?

Note the uncanny resemblence !!! BritishBanger pointed it out and was vehement that the engine on HD750 drew its inspiration from Ascot, specially in the engine, exhaust areas

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-hondavt500ascot.jpg

But the Honda Ascot VT500 was an icon when launched and hope HD750 Street follows that as well

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 12:30   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is the HD 750 version going to be made available in India have different make front forks and tyres than the ones available elsewhere in the world?

Considering it would be manafactured for the globe in India, I assume components used for entire bike should be same as export version
US version will be manufactured in US . They also cost 1000$ more so a difference is part is acceptable.

EU version is exported out of india , should be same except for tyre. If there is too much difference , then it should be a concern. KTM I understand exports completely built units out of india to europe , I guess a similar structure in place for street.

@r nairtvm
In the street forum , some old timers said the street draws its styling inspiration from a harley davidson prototype that was demonstrated in the 80s but never made it into production line up because faithfuls branded it "too modern " / "japanese" etc etc. That honda bike has a very close resemblance as well.

Last edited by basuroy : 25th March 2014 at 12:33.
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:49   #94
BHPian

I found this review useful:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/03/24...pecifications/

Apparently the power is 58 hp/8000 rpm. It has hit a sweet spot indeed, notwithstanding the "exposed cables" and welds showing. It seems like a fantastic value proposition. Am in the market for an upgrade from my Enfields for a long time and was waiting for the Honda CB 500X or the KTM 390 Adventure...but this seems like ticking all the right boxes.

Waiting for an ownership thread.
Oreen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 15:11   #95
vcx
BHPian

HD will manufacture only in two continents/countries. US for addressing Americas and India for Europe, Asia regions. Export from India, would have country specific tires and potentially local HD batteries.

It's a very good find and to note about Honda Ascot VT 500, sure Street has many similarities for engine and exhaust, but the way overall lines flows are much different.

Yeah, many are now excited on engine with its no's and I can safely vouch the same having driven it, but it does not tick the boxes for quality my friends.

Agree, many bikes have some or other aspects which exposes quality, engine heating aspects, but at 5lacs, would one want to go by engine only?

The deliveries of Street 750 will start from June ,keen if anyone from tbhp is getting one to share experiences.
vcx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 16:00   #96
Senior - BHPian

All I really liked (and cared) about the whole video was the way the speedo needle was rising. Good!

And yes, its a small bike. The bearded firang's butt was nearly enveloping half of what passes for the pillion seat.

I likes. I not buys. But I likes.

Last edited by ebonho : 25th March 2014 at 16:05.
Old 25th March 2014, 16:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
@r nairtvm
In the street forum , some old timers said the street draws its styling inspiration from a harley davidson prototype that was demonstrated in the 80s but never made it into production line up because faithfuls branded it "too modern " / "japanese" etc etc. That honda bike has a very close resemblance as well.
It looks very similar to the Yamaha Star Bolt.
Old 25th March 2014, 20:55   #98
BHPian

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-imageuploadedbyteambhp1395761090.837415.jpg
When a thunderbird 350 costing 1.5lakhs can have a neat casing for wiring, there is nothing wiring in people expecting the same for a bike costing 5 lakhs.
Akhilash95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 21:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I likes. I not buys. But I likes.
Not getting a long term test/ evaluation piece, are you?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 26th March 2014, 02:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Not getting a long term test/ evaluation piece, are you?

Regards
Sutripta
Well, if I was, I would more likely than not probably not be talking about it on an open forum ....
Old 26th March 2014, 19:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Hoo Boy!!! 0 - 100 in a little over 4.6 seconds (faster than the MAD Duke 390 by almost a second). And look at that beautiful torque curve! Should be a very easy bike to live with in the city. Being in the right gear is almost a given.

All reviews are also suggesting a decent ride & handling package.

As far as performance goes; the (much more expensive) Sportsters and the Irons of the world look like antiques when compared to this pocket atom.

My grouse still remains though. I want the showa shocks and better (Michelin?) rubber. Chalo the rubber one can manage after market; but a full suspension replacement from Showa will be a lot dearer than the 50k price difference that currently exists between the US and Indian 750. Not to mention; I lose my HD warranty if I make such a change to my new bike. I hope the "brake improvement" for the US markets that has been mentioned in the article finds its way to the Indian bikes also.

Nevertheless, a true VFM option (check out the numbers comparo with the Ducati monster). Those writing this machine off based on wiring "issues" - take notice, think again, repeat process till clarity is achieved.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 11:42   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

Nevertheless, a true VFM option (check out the numbers comparo with the Ducati monster). Those writing this machine off based on wiring "issues" - take notice, think again, repeat process till clarity is achieved.
Well, I am one of those who has booked the street 750. The last time I booked a vehicle without having a look at it was Suzuki swift when it was first launched.

I was also similarly impressed with CBR250 and plonked 5K in booking it but eventually did not end up buying one and picked up a classic 350 instead

I took the test drive of the HD street 750 and was fairly impressed with the bike.

The two negatives that i thought were the untidy wires and the puny looks for my 5.11' frame. Though These aspects are not really deal breakers

That brings me to that nagging question in my mind , what could be better/other alternatives for street 750 that i could miss out on ?

My requirements
1. Price range of Street 750 (alright... may be plus one lac more )
2. Highway munching abilities,very less city usage , purely leisure
3. Street creds . I dont forsee myself hitting the track anytime in the future
4. Heritage, tradition may not be the factor in making decision ( read as jap bikes can be in consideration set)
5.Availability in India in next six months with reasonable servicing facilities in mumbai )
6. I am 38, large built, 5'11'
7. Should accommodate an occasional Pillion rider
9. will retain bullet 350

So team BHPians chip in with your comments
Old 27th March 2014, 13:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
That brings me to that nagging question in my mind , what could be better/other alternatives for street 750 that i could miss out on ?

My requirements
1. Price range of Street 750 (alright... may be plus one lac more )
2. Highway munching abilities,very less city usage , purely leisure
3. Street creds . I dont forsee myself hitting the track anytime in the future
4. Heritage, tradition may not be the factor in making decision ( read as jap bikes can be in consideration set)
5.Availability in India in next six months with reasonable servicing facilities in mumbai )
6. I am 38, large built, 5'11'
7. Should accommodate an occasional Pillion rider
9. will retain bullet 350

So team BHPians chip in with your comments
In that price band, try out both the Ninjas. The Harley 750 will be sandwiched right in the middle of them price-wise. I can't think of anything else you could be missing out on.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 14:02   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post

My requirements.....
I second the good doc, with a bit more inclination towards the larger 650.

- within your budget
- awesome street presence (one look n you know she s a big girl)
- quality everywhere
- mile muncher + good handler. Although touted as a sports tourer, some threads on apna tbhp will show you it's no slouch on the track either (check out threads by shriku n narula)
- the legendary ninja badge. It's no less than a hd emblem for me at least
- u will easily find a sparsely used example for maybe less than street 750 money; if open to hunting in the used bike market
- pillion comfort should actually be better than the street

Hope this helps. Happy hunting n congos on your street booking. I'm sure you ll be a happier soul no matter which way you swing bud.

Cheers!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 14:17   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I second the good doc, with a bit more inclination towards the larger 650.
Reason I included the 300 is that based on the photos I have seen I am pretty certain that even the 300 dimension-wise is as big as (if not bigger than) the Harley 750. The 650 though is closer on cubic capacity and weight, and is physically a big looking bike. I think neither Ninja is going to be really comfortable for pillions though. My good friend owns one (650), and when his wife sits on it, she looks as if she is seated on a whole diferent level, with the knees seriously bent. That's ok for a quick zip zap zoom type of ride. Can get pretty tiring over reasonable distances. Especially without anything behind to support the lower back to prevent you from sliding off under acceleration.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th March 2014 at 14:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks