Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 21:51   #121
vcx
BHPian

Avi, all I am saying is at 5 lacs Harley cult is possible, given the views/ reviews solely on its engine performance. Wether it deserves to belong to Harley's stable, I would leave it to the people who shall own to testify....truly!
vcx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 22:42   #122
BHPian

As a biker you should not worry about the cult and all. Engine performance is 75% of what you should look at when you are looking at a performance bike.
OHCVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 05:53   #123
vcx
BHPian

OHCVtec, agree but if it was only all performance It's well discussed about Dukes and others , so essential, here we are talking on overall offering at this price point and with Harley stable.
Old 29th March 2014, 18:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by see India View Post
I want a Harley which I can enjoy when ever I ride on it. I'm not art all sound technically but as per me 750 is just another good bike but not worthy of being in the Harley stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
All recent reviews pointing at the engine goodness...soft push positioning , I say!

At 5lacs Harley-ness possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Vidhya, I must confess, Iam completely flabbergasted at this comment and couldn't understand if you are saying at 5 Lakhs it deserves to be part of the Harley stable or not

Can you please rephrase?
Quote:
Avi, all I am saying is at 5 lacs Harley cult is possible, given the views/ reviews solely on its engine performance. Wether it deserves to belong to Harley's stable, I would leave it to the people who shall own to testify....truly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
As a biker you should not worry about the cult and all. Engine performance is 75% of what you should look at when you are looking at a performance bike.
Quote:
OHCVtec, agree but if it was only all performance It's well discussed about Dukes and others , so essential, here we are talking on overall offering at this price point and with Harley stable.
It does not take too much crystal-balling to realise that this Harley has the go, even the show, but does not (and never will) feel or sound like a Harley.

Just like the new UCE engine Royal Enfields do not (and never will) feel or sound like Bullets.

You go into a purchase of this sort with your eyes (and ears) open, and your bum and hands tell you within a reasonable distance whether you like or you don't like.

Beyond that first kilometer point, your brain takes over.

And the brain can make you "like" (or not like) anything and everything.

Bikers rarely listen to their brains (some would believe we hardly use them too ..... but that's for another thread)
Old 29th March 2014, 22:01   #125
BHPian

Went to Tusker HD (Bangalore) to check out the Street 750. Did not look at any other bike in their stable because my need is for that of a reliable tourer and I have no fascination for the cult following of HD. Pocket permitting, I would have gone for a practical sports tourer like the Ninja 650, but was thinking of the KTM 390 as an inexpensive substitute. The Katoom still has some niggles like engine heating up, small tank, hard seat and so on (all info sourced from t-bhp), so there isn't anything that was suiting my needs or really appealing to the heart. The Ninja 650 too appealed to the head and not the heart.
But the red Harley Street 750 just took my breath away. It is such a beauty! Yes, I checked the "exposed" cables and the crudely welded footpegs, etc. but am from a bullet background, so all those things will hardly matter. The value proposition of the 750 (58 hp/8000 rpm, 40 kg lighter than the Iron, belt drive) is too sweet to resist. It should be faster than the Iron and a gentle purr is fine for me. I don't want a screaming eagle exhaust and make the road shake. I want something that will cover about 700-800 kms in a day without breaking into sweat. And am wondering if I should be one of the first, or like everything else should I wait and watch how it performs on the highway. I ride with a bunch of mixed riders, and don't ever wanna be part of the HOG brotherhood. For me only practicality appeals, but after looking at the Street, am in love.

Sadly, there are no test rides yet in Bangalore. They say it is after the 15th of April. By then I should be able to sell my Bolero and arrange for the downpayment money.

This bike has appealed to the heart, much like the Aquila 650 did, but then Hyosung's penchant for being orphaned every now and then isn't very confidence inspiring.

Am 5'8" and 68 kg, and the Street 750 it will be for me, as soon as there is a test ride and some more ownership experience available on t-bhp.

As you can see, it is a beauty from all angles: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-1396074428833.jpg

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-1396074427630.jpg

Last edited by Oreen : 29th March 2014 at 22:03.
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 23:50   #126
BHPian

Congratulations on finding new love!

Can I request you for higher resolution pic of the front? Never seen the bike without the fairing. It'll be great to get a close look. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2014, 08:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

Had another quick look and short ride at Capital Harley yesterday. This ain't a Harley for many of us. It's too puny a bike. Disappointed.
Old 30th March 2014, 23:03   #128

Was in the market for TB 500/ DUKE 390, liked the TB, in the mean while STREET was launched, saw it and booked it. Was eagerly waiting for the test drive, did it yesterday.

Prerequisites before booking:
1. Fun to dive everyday bike.
2. Relaxed driving position.
3. As I was in for TB, max I could stretch was 5lacs.

Test drive impressions:
1. I am 5'8" bike feels custom built.
2. Relaxed sitting position.
3. Easy to handle, didn't feel the weight at all.
4. Engine is fun
5. Ride quality is very good.
6. Didn't bottom out.
7. Noticed the now popular wires and weld quality
8. It will cost 25k for the back rest cum luggage carrier!!!!
9. Looks far better without the headlight cowl
10. Nothing to write about the exhaust note.

Definitely will see many of us doing Leh trips on this HD.

I am in for it, hope HD are listening and do something regarding the now famous wires, might be too late to do any thing regarding the welding jobs. As far as the cult is concerned, I am certain this bike is going to start a new chapter in the HOGS history, say how about STREET HOGS!!!!

Will post some pics.
Old 30th March 2014, 23:16   #129
BHPian

Found this video which better captures the exhaust note:

Last edited by adrena : 30th March 2014 at 23:17.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 09:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Found this video which better captures the exhaust note:
http://Youtu.be/BfSAJPKp9rU
Sounds like a high speed mixer-grinder.

But look at the numbers. 58 bhp vs 52 for the Sportster.

122 kilos vs 165 for the Sportster.

And on a long straight he hit 180 kmph. The first top end number I have heard for the Street till now.

As before, the acceleration and rate of needle climb is definitely good.

Also, as per the presenter, the 500 is only for the US where it will be used for training schools. That's disappointing. India could definitely have used such a 500. Royal Enfield must be breathing easier ...... damn!
Old 31st March 2014, 18:03   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Had another quick look and short ride at Capital Harley yesterday. This ain't a Harley for many of us. It's too puny a bike. Disappointed.
+1. Hobbit bike. The wheels look so small!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 12:47   #132
BHPian

the backrest (and I know I will be butchered for saying this) can be nicely customized for a lot lesser. Pick up an Avenger backrest, and get the mounts fabricated, and you have something better engineered than what the original Harley backrest cum carrier is. It is spindly (from the pics), and the Avenger one should do the trick. (If we can put Fazer windscreens on the KTM 390, why not this?) On long trips you can always say it is a customized Avenger and keep unwanted people from coming near the bike. For me, it is about riding and carrying luggage, and not about drawing unnecessary attention. Simply don't have that extra cash to give to HD for all these parts. The leg guard is a whopping 15K. It is a normal one, and can be made locally too for a much lesser price.

am sure, like the Enfields, this Harley will see a lot of people making use of aftermarket products made by our local fabrication guys. In Bangalore, we have something called the Muneer carrier for the bullet, which looks somewhat like this:
http://www.kjm.net/ubadmin/ad_img/vehicle43055_1.jpg

I would much rather have something like that fabricated when I buy the Harley.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 14:55   #133
Team-BHP Support

Harley-Davidson opened bookings for its cheapest offering, the Street 750 on March 1, 2014 while promising delivery in a June. However, the demand for the sub-Rs. 5 lakh bike has been so high that the company has had to push the delivery date to September, which is a waiting period of six months.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 16:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
122 kilos vs 165 for the Sportster.
Bit confused Doc. Sportster is 250+ Kg & the Street is 222 Kg. What do the numbers above represent?
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 17:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Bit confused Doc. Sportster is 250+ Kg & the Street is 222 Kg. What do the numbers above represent?
My mistake bro. Got my 1s and 2s mixed up. One of the hazards of riding a bike in the low 100s ....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks