Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 18:04   #16
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville - A dream come true

Congrats Sanket on your new acquisition. Nice choice of color. Happy mile munching mate. Please post more pics.
Old 8th April 2014, 18:09   #17
BHPian

What a fantastic color combination! P0rn on wheels!

Please post some better photos. Ride safe!
Old 9th April 2014, 14:00   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on the possession of one of the most eloquent motorcycles. The association with the moniker itself speaks volumes of your diligent choice.
You can ride this safely up to speeds of 120kmph in the top gear. That will ensure that the engine RPM remains below three and a half thousand.
susan3004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 09:07   #19
BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville - A dream come true

Congrats on the Bonnie, Sanket. IMHO this is the best color option for the Bonnie. I guess I saw you last Friday near Secundrabad Club in fact I asked Moobike in the evening if it was anyone of us. I know the exact road in the cantonment area with the 12 or so odd speed breakers, same road I take to work every day. The Bonnie handled all those with aplomb for the 2 odd weeks I had it.

Wishing you many miles of happy and safe riding

Last edited by downsouth : 10th April 2014 at 09:15.
Old 10th April 2014, 10:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I know the exact road in the cantonment area with the 12 or so odd speed breakers, same road I take to work every day. The Bonnie handled all those with aplomb for the 2 odd weeks I had it.
Chetan, I must not have encountered even 1/4th of the speed breakers in my entire ownership time till now but, you have encountered 24 X 10 = 240 speed breakers in 2 weeks time that you had the Bonnie with you

How many you hit and how many you missed?

I too come to your home area quite often and know that route quite well and last sunday with a pillion on Bonnie, I didnt hit a single breaker and this is without slowing down the bike a lot
Old 10th April 2014, 11:25   #21
BHPian

Thanks guys. Haven't been able to ride her this week yet but hopeful to join other Triumph owners on Sunday for a short spin provided I wake up that early. I'll definitely click better pics this weekend and try to get them up here.

BTW the silencer end which goes into the engine is changing color which I believe is normal. But anything I should take care of in general other than not revving the bike? Would this color go back to normal after the engine and bike settles in or is this permament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Sanket. So finally it has happened-Delivery of your Bonnie !!!
I stay bear Bolarum golf course near Yapral. Seems like they keep adding a new speed breaker every week . Can you suggest me good brands for jackets\gloves\boots etc as I would be traveling to US this month and plan to pick them from there. Also do you think you could point me to some websites which sell awesome accessories for Bonnie and I also wanted to get a tachometer but not sure if the rate here and in US would be the same. Any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Sanket.

Welcome to the "Club"

Hope you had a chance to go over the manual and I would say please follwo all the usual "running in process" and machine will respond with relability in the long run.
Ram
Thanks Ram. Honestly I still havent gone through the manual but plan to do it this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Sanketdesai82 how much did zox's dot certified helmet cost? And where did you buy this?
Costed 19k but I was able to work something out with the dealer which turned out quite fruitful.

@downsouth: Where do you stay in this area and since you mentioned you take this route daily I am assuming it is for going to your work place in hitec?
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 11:49   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
BTW the silencer end which goes into the engine is changing color which I believe is normal. But anything I should take care of in general other than not revving the bike?
Discoloration of bend pipe is normal and it will be there permanently and nothing to worry. It actually adds character to the bike

Quote:
I stay bear Bolarum golf course near Yapral. Seems like they keep adding a new speed breaker every week . Can you suggest me good brands for jackets\gloves\boots etc as I would be traveling to US this month and plan to pick them from there.
Nice to know you stay in Yapral. I have many cousins living there and visit almost every other weekend and hopefully may shift to that locality permanenty in future considering its a such a beautiful area ( Army Cantonment, greenry etc) and it would be a welcome change from where i live now which is heart of the city

Please go through the riding gear thread and post your queries there as you will get pointed response based on the budget you outline when posting your request

Quote:
Also do you think you could point me to some websites which sell awesome accessories for Bonnie and I also wanted to get a tachometer but not sure if the rate here and in US would be the same. Any idea?
Check this website out. It's dedicated to Bonnie :-

http://www.bellacorse.com/

Some accessories are priced cheaper than what you get here while most others are similarly priced

Quote:
@downsouth: Where do you stay in this area and since you mentioned you take this route daily I am assuming it is for going to your work place in hitec?
Downsouth (Chetan) lives in Yapral and his office is in Begumpet

We should do a Yapral meet soon.

See you on the Sunday Triumph Ride !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th April 2014 at 11:50.
Old 10th April 2014, 15:02   #23
BHPian

Yapral [somehow hate this name with the way it sounds lol] meet sounds good. Anytime and day...

I end up going from Yapral to almost Kondapur [near Google office] 31kms one way...daily. Beat that haha

But yeah once I reach home, I just love the silence and nature around. You can actually appreciate the peace and the greenery around you and that I feel is worth the daily struggle I go through in traffic everyday.
Old 10th April 2014, 15:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW the silencer end which goes into the engine is changing color which I believe is normal. But anything I should take care of in general other than not revving the bike? Would this color go back to normal after the engine and bike settles in or is this permament?

Also do you think you could point me to some websites which sell awesome accessories for Bonnie and I also wanted to get a tachometer but not sure if the rate here and in US would be the same. Any idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Discoloration of bend pipe is normal and it will be there permanently and nothing to worry. It actually adds character to the bike

Check this website out. It's dedicated to Bonnie :-

http://www.bellacorse.com/
Sanket,

+ 1 to what Mobike has stated. It will pecome kind of a permenant bluish colour as time goes by. This will also happen at the point where the bends enter the can.

If you look at the pictures of the Bonney in my thread you can see that clearly.

But then that adds charecter to the bike

Do a web search for Triumph Accessories you will be surprised as what comes out.

The Conversion kit will set you back by about USD 375/- - see the link as an example

http://www.bikebandit.com/2013-trium...55137sch783123

http://www.british-customs.com/trium...m-on-t100.html

I don't know what the India dealers are talking about - INR 35 K ?

So if any of your pals are co0ming from US/UK, that would be a good option to look at as the parts are not heavy or volumeness.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 21:15   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the bike sanket, have the blue and white myself. if youre in bangalore anytime, Bangalore has got a few places that I know. There is the official dainese store at orion mall,Great gear and helmets. There's another place called riding DNA, again good gear...alpine star, agv sport etc available
maverick_driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 16:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Sanket,

I stay behind Golf Link apartments in Villa Gardenia. As Mobike mentioned I work in Begumpet hence my experience with the humps . +1 on the environs around where we stay, total bliss. Lets meet up when Avi swings by. Take care
downsouth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 18:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful looking bike - please do put up more pictures. I really like the white and blue combo after seeing it in the flesh. I'm waiting to see a silver one as well in person.

I'm just curious - what's the max speed you've taken it to by now and have you ever felt the need for a 6th gear?
Old 15th April 2014, 22:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Beautiful looking bike - please do put up more pictures. I really like the white and blue combo after seeing it in the flesh. I'm waiting to see a silver one as well in person.

I'm just curious - what's the max speed you've taken it to by now and have you ever felt the need for a 6th gear?
Getting better quality pictures has been on my to do list for sometime now. I happened to go on the Sunday triumph ride which the showroom organized, was about 200 kms round about. This is the first time I had the bike on the highway and it was pure fun, I managed to take the bike at 120 and then keep it hovering at 100kms. There have been times when I tried to put the gear to the next level only to realize I was already at the top gear.
Old 16th April 2014, 01:20   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. One of the best looking color for a Bonnie.

Most Viewed