Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 19:19   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
My bad Shubz, it means quality and other issues. No quality issues with exaust as such. I'll edit the post.
Thats fine Abhi. I was only curious to know if anyone have encountered quality issues on exhausts. I for one found the exhaust finish immaculate!
Old 28th May 2014, 20:35   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Do I suggest? Yes.
Costs 4.7OTR @ Trivandrum
Hi Jyothi,

Where is this place, is there a dealer in TVM now ? Since its a HD, it can't be all that bad quality, and will be a satisfying bike as long as you don't expect the sky.

Was it you on the bike ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 29th May 2014, 10:40   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Jyothi,

Where is this place, is there a dealer in TVM now ? Since its a HD, it can't be all that bad quality, and will be a satisfying bike as long as you don't expect the sky.

Was it you on the bike ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
They had come here for TD and it wasnt me.
I did like the bike than the Iron ( I am yet to TD it though) and no part of the bike looks cheap. I didnt expect the wires to be exposed, thats all.

See how big/small Iron/Street looks besides each other.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 17:38   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
See how big/small Iron/Street looks besides each other.
Not much, the whole reason it looks small is the flat petrol tank and its height due to the 60 deg V twin and small tyres (dia). I think customizing it with a raised / inclined petrol tank could do the trick (if possible).

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting posts which have videos embedded as it inconveniences our mobile and smartphone users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd June 2014 at 13:20.
Old 6th June 2014, 20:36   #185
BHPian

Hey, 7 days of no activity on this thread. Nobody got deliveries? No news?
There's a Street Forum that has discussions on deliveries. Aren't those guys members of t-bhp as well?
Old 10th June 2014, 10:20   #186
BHPian

As i was passing by the harley showroom the other day,thought of checking out the hd street 750.So took a test-ride of nearly 5 kms of which 2 kms are in stand-still traffic and rest in relatively open roads with some decent corners!

This is not your typical harley with charecteristic sound and vibrations.So it might disappoint the people who are looking for that.However i am totally happy with the refined,vibration-free engine and dont have anything to complain about

I felt the egronomics are little akward,even though i am just over 5'8 i felt that the bike is short.It is more apprent when waiting at traffic,However on move it is totally comfortable.I got chance to ride as pillion too when my friend was riding.Though the pillion seat looked small,one can manage to sit on it.But i dont think its possible to sit on this seat for long rides,an upgrade is definitely needed!

Coming to engine,it is free revving one and the bike is quick thanks to the light weight.It has enough power to keep you happy.I am sure that it can easily keep up with the bigger harleys,if not overtake them.I am sure it will perform very well on the open highways!

Handling is the thing which impressed me most on this harley.It doesnt feel heavy at all and i can happily term it as a good handler

Braking can be improved.I think an upgrade to better tyres will improve the braking!

I dont have anything to complain about the overall quality of the bike.In fact i dint even notice/bother to check the exposed wires

Finally i conclude that it is THE perfect bike for people who are looking for a cruiser with good performance to keep them happy withing 5 lakhs!
Not to forget the "brand value" associated with harley!

Regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 12:38   #187
Senior - BHPian

Street is now 'officially' the women's bike from Harley according to The Times of India/The Independent - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/36271226.cms
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
http://nysportsnut.com/technology-22...riders-61.html

Last edited by dkaile : 10th June 2014 at 12:40.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:24   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Street is now 'officially' the women's bike from Harley according to The Times of India/The Independent - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/36271226.cms
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
http://nysportsnut.com/technology-22...riders-61.html
In the US, even the Sporsters are called Women's bike/ Scooter and what not!
Old 10th June 2014, 13:39   #189
BANNED

Women have been spotted riding Boss Hoss! and space shuttles , who cares what bike is whose bike!
the rate Women are grabbing things away from all Men Domain , I wonder if , soon there will be a GOVT policy , Reserving some Vehicles for Male use only , calling It Backward Sexes Quota!

Dont worry Folks- No matter what they Ride - they will never be able to Screw it!

Last edited by dustom_99 : 10th June 2014 at 13:58.
dustom_99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 21:25   #190
BHPian

yeah, given most of the American women are stronger than the average Indian male and also strong willed and adventurous, I don't see my ego being hurt riding what is officially a women's bike. Respect.

But when, really? When will we see any ownership thread here? What about the rumor of the deliveries being stopped in Bombay? Anybody with any news?
Old 11th June 2014, 22:07   #191
BHPian

One of my friend is getting delivery of Street 750 this weekend. And I have few questions, especially from people living in Delhi.

Any pointers for aftermarket accessories (Must be good quality)
The HD backrest costs around 27k, which for me does not make any sense, any aftermarket alternative for it?

Any Souped up HD street 750 around? want to know what all can be done to it to bring some character in the bike.
Old 11th June 2014, 22:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
Any pointers for aftermarket accessories (Must be good quality)
You probably already knew this; but Khajanchi is your best bet (Karol Bagh). Have personally seen a sportser get kitted right in front of me.

Its anothers story that the owner wasnt very pleased when some uncle ji's starting asking him where he got his bullet modified from and how much it cost him

Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:35   #193
BHPian

Strange to not have any ownership reports till now. Oreen when are you getting yours?

I was quite happy when I first rode the street and never bothered much about the braking, but gradually the sportsters caught my attention and I started researching them all.

Yesterday I test rode the street and iron back to back and I realised the difference. Street seems or feels like a light weight tourers or sports like the Cbr or like and doesn't have the Harley character at all. I'm not talking about the sound but the handling, engine performance, braking and the road presence. It might be a good commuter bike, but in my opinion doesn't give you that true Harley experience. This might sound cliched but it's true when you try it for yourself.

So finally I booked my superlow yesterday despite the 6-8 months waiting.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 17th June 2014 at 14:42.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 20:30   #194
BHPian

My First Post in TBHP

I have booked the Street 750 and expecting a delivery soon. Will post further details once I get my hands on the bike

Also, wanted to check if its fine to get screaming eagles installed at the time of delivery or should I wait till I run in the Engine for couple of thousand kms. I have received a quote 28K.
Old 18th June 2014, 21:23   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Also, wanted to check if its fine to get screaming eagles installed at the time of delivery or should I wait till I run in the Engine for couple of thousand kms. I have received a quote 28K.
Congrats and welcome to the Harley club. I would suggest you wait at least after the first service to get the Screamin Eagles installed.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks