Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 21:28   #196
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Harley club. I would suggest you wait at least after the first service to get the Screamin Eagles installed.
Thank you Sir.

I just placed an order for it couple of mins back along with other accessories. However will not have it fixed until first service if that is recommended.

Have also ordered the sissy bar and backrest.
Old 20th June 2014, 11:53   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Thank you Sir.

I just placed an order for it couple of mins back along with other accessories. However will not have it fixed until first service if that is recommended.

Have also ordered the sissy bar and backrest.
Congrats for your booking and excellent choice with the screaming eagles exhaust. I had a chance to ride a street with SE exhausts and man they turned it around. Its not a traditional harley sound but definitely a sound of a mean machine! Enjoy once you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff;
Great choice. My personal favourite in the sportster lineup. Safe riding.
Thanks, have so many plans for it once i get it.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 20th June 2014 at 11:55.
Old 21st June 2014, 01:32   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Congrats for your booking and excellent choice with the screaming eagles exhaust. I had a chance to ride a street with SE exhausts and man they turned it around. Its not a traditional harley sound but definitely a sound of a mean machine! Enjoy once you get it.
Thanks Abhimanyu

I got my bike delivered today

I am yet to get the screaming eagles though. It will be delivered end of this month and will have it fixed after first service. Attaching a couple of pics

Will post a review once I get to ride a little bit
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-photo-1.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-res.jpeg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-res2.jpeg  

sreejith.j is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 08:52   #199
Senior - BHPian

Adding the accessory list for Street 750.

Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-12483268798851.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248328755373.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248333198675.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248334551116.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248336458799.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248337512154.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248338500153.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1248343575900.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 19:41   #200
BHPian

Wow, those parts are expensive ! ~ INR 1.3 lac for a fuel tank ! INR 7000 for bar grips ! INR 33k for one wheel ! Is HD making them out of gold or palladium?

@Sreejith : I got a post-quoted PM but can't see your post ; likely due to being under moderation.

Congrats on the beast, ride safe! I hope it gives you a long happy owner experience!

Last edited by Ricci : 21st June 2014 at 19:59.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 19:51   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Wow, those parts are expensive ! ~ INR 1.3 lac for a fuel tank ! INR 7000 for bar grips ! INR 33k for one wheel ! Is HD making them out of gold or palladium?
Yup very expensive . The sad part of Harley Tax.

When I was interacting with the chrome consultant at the dealership he was telling that every Harley ends up with a minimum 70K customization costs. Not sure if that was a sales pitch though
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:19   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhimanyu. I got my bike delivered today
Brilliant!! Safe riding and look forward to your detailed ownership report soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st July 2014 at 15:02. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a one-liner. Next time infraction !!
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:46   #203
Senior - BHPian

Took a test ride of the 750 at Tusker Harley.

This was soon after riding the Boneville. The good part being, both the bikes had the performance exhausts.

The one on the 750 was not loud, but any day better that the stock one. It has a nice muffled growl to it which I felt was perfect. Not too soft , nor too loud .
I was given the bike solo, which was a red one , complete with the windshield, ScreaminEagle exhaust, backrest and carrier. Bike looked good with all these accessories. Took a ride which was around 4kms long. I ended up getting a catch on my both legs which was painful since I could only stop after crossing a signal. The bike is low and the sitting position low as well for my frame, but not uncomfortable. Maneuverability is easy in traffic since the overall bike is small.

True to its name, it is a pure Street bike. I enjoyed riding it more than the Boneville . It is a fun bike which can be thrown around easily.
I felt the bike is meant for a very different customer base and not the HD loyalists . I rode the Iron 883 and it very different to this. This is for someone who wants the Harley , but cannot really afford it, and in turn gets a pocket rocket with an added advantage of some serious power.
The power is addictive, open the throttle and there is no hesitation, it takes off with a nice sports bike type growl. In fact, apart from the sitting position , everything else feels like a fast bike and not a Harley. It really moves.
All in all , if my budget was in the region of 5l, I would go for it regardless of the fit and finish.
Waiting period is around 6 months.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 23:01   #204
BHPian

I went to Tusker Harley on 24th May to get a test ride for the Street 750, only to find that they don't give test rides on Saturdays because the bikes go for maintenance. I found that weird because Saturday would probably be the only day working people can take tests!! Anyhow, we moved on to Triumph which was close by and they had the same story!! They did let me ride inside the compound of the building. I rode the Bonneville as well as the Street triple. Both seemed like great bikes but there's little you can make out in such a short ride.

Went back to Harley on 14th June (also a Saturday) after calling them the evening before and telling them to keep a test bike available. The ride is really good, the starts are powerful, and as mentioned before, they give you the bike solo. In fact, they won't let a pillion on even if you wanted it!! The bike is maneuverable in traffic and the seating position is good for a person who is small built like I am. The starts can be fairly torquey and if you are going to have a pillion often the back rest is well recommended.

Test rode the 883 after this and you can immediately notice the difference in quality. One issue I had with the 883 was to find the neutral. Didn't get it no matter how I tried. When I spoke to the sales guy about this, his answer was that this was something one learns over time! For me this bike seemed more tedious in traffic again owing to my smaller build.

Well, I went ahead and put my booking money down for the 750 after tossing a coin on whether I should, or wait to talk to my wife as well. As it turned out, she was brought into the secret much later in the day!!

Now the 6 month wait begins... that's so hard :(

It was interesting to learn that anything aftermarket on the Harley had to be bought from Harley else the warranty would be void! One can't even change a headlight bulb or horn if you want to!! I found that somewhat outrageous. Can anyone confirm this?
rjun04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 10:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
It was interesting to learn that anything aftermarket on the Harley had to be bought from Harley else the warranty would be void! One can't even change a headlight bulb or horn if you want to!! I found that somewhat outrageous. Can anyone confirm this?
Common practice across all companies. Not only 2 wheelers! Check the owner's manual of any current vehicle, it will be mentioned that the manufacturer have the authority to void the warranty if any aftermarket electrical accessories/performance mods are found on the vehicle. The dealer can even void a warranty just because you have used a pair of bigger aftermarket horns (depends on the dealer's mentality too though, some are quite lenient).
Old 1st July 2014, 10:48   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my bike delivered today. Will post a review once I get to ride a little bit
Awesome. This would be the first ownership report for the Street 750 on the forum.

Congratulations on the purchase and wishing you many happy and safe miles. I hope you have all the necessary riding gear to go on your rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Whoa, that's quite an obscene amount for a fuel tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The power is addictive, open the throttle and there is no hesitation, it takes off with a nice sports bike type growl.
Exactly what I mentioned in my test ride report. The bike is a lot of fun and not a lazy cruiser as most Harley's are presumed to be. It's a lot of fun on corners, twisties and on the open highway. The engine however is a bit noisy and industrial sounding but ride quality and handling is brilliant.

Quote:
Well, I went ahead and put my booking money down for the 750 after tossing a coin on whether I should, or wait to talk to my wife as well. Now the 6 month wait begins... that's so hard :(
Congratulations. Yes, the next 6 months would be painful and sleep deprived. Especially when the date gets closer.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 16:58   #207
BHPian

A delta update from my end. So, my bike is finally here, in Mumbai that is. I got the first call from Seven Islands Harley Davidson on the morning of Thursday, 26th June. The sales guy called to inform me that the bike is arriving in 4 to 5 days and that I should start the loan process to close the payments. What happened in a couple of hours following was proper madness. I was inundated with calls from the sales team pushing me to close the payment in two days or give up the bike to another waiting booking. I had to actually ask these guys how they would come up with 5-big-ones in two days.
From there on it has been a case pushing people really hard to get the loan processed from HDFC (existing client). Which is approved without delay.
Over the weekend, I've also managed to visit the showroom and order accessories - the engine guard (gloss black) and the LED Daymaker headlamp (again black). Headlamp is expected to land in only by the third week of July. Not that I'm in any burning (pun intended) hurry to get that. I thought it was a good addition and a step in the non-filament direction. Would also keep the warranty in tact.
It seems very likely that I will have the bike this weekend or early next week. Keep watching this space for more.

Oh yes... one more thing. I also bought a spare gear shifter lever. I'm modding the heel-toe shifter on my own. Can't ride without.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 01:07   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Common practice across all companies. Not only 2 wheelers!
So does anyone know how stringent HD is about this?
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:51   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So does anyone know how stringent HD is about this?
Nothing special with HD alone. Every manufacturer will impose this to the T, particularly if customers have done something outside of the scope of warranty.

With HD if you get some stuff done outside of their service center, they won't even take your bike for repairs, god forbid there is a breakdown after that.
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:09   #210
BHPian

I agree. I've heard this from many people. Having said that, I will be forced to do some mods just to make the bike properly usable for my style. I can see at least these two mods:
  • Heel - Toe Shifter: This is an absolute must for me. I have been doing this for a couple of decades now. Maybe it is just the riding style. What I did was very simple. Bought a spare shifter from HD as a counter sale and will just do a tiny mod to add in the heel part to the existing shifter. I can switch back to original at any time without any mod to any other part.
  • Luggage rack with Backrest: Here I just don't like the stock design. What I'm about to do is take a couple of HD designs and get a proper backrest hacked in. My design is going to be an amalgamation of two separate VRod designs like these images below...

I'd love to hear what you guys think. It'll be great to see if I do have other options.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-2.jpg  

adrena is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks