Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 19:34   #271

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Went for a test ride today at Tusker Harley in bangalore and was totally disappointed with the test ride experience. The ride itself was fine and more on that soon.

I reached the showroom at around 11:30 AM in the morning. The staff showed low enthusiasm and was asked questions like, "You want to test ride now? You need license and leather shoes." I told them that I had called before coming and was told that closed shoes are required, no word about it being leather. The guy said ok and took my license.

They made me fill up a form and the bike arrived. It was a red street 750 and had around 1500 KMs on the odo. This one had a lot of accessories with it like screaming eagles, LED headlamps, Pillion back rest and a crash guard. I was surprised because shouldn't the test ride be on a stock vehicle to get a good idea of the bike that you are going to eventually buy?

The sales executive sat with me during the test ride. Is this a normal thing? I really wanted to ride it solo but he said that this is norm and they have to follow the guidelines set by HD.

Nevertheless, we went on an extremely short trip around the showroom. The bike navigates well in traffic. Does not feel bulky and feels like any other bike. The torque is mental on the bike and pulls well in any gear. Bike gives you enough confidence to corner hard. Braking felt adequate but then again I did not cross 40 KM/H during the test ride.

Which brings me to the behavior of Tusker Harley. The first test ride that I took was only for 3-4 minutes. I did not get a full feel of the bike and asked them if I can go on another ride that is slightly longer. I was refused saying that it is not possible.

I would love to go on another longer test ride to understand the bike properly. Wanted to know if other guys who went to the Tusker Harley showroom experienced something similar or was their experience different?
Old 6th August 2014, 21:10   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshb View Post
I told them that I had called before coming and was told that closed shoes are required, no word about it being leather. The guy said ok and took my license.
When I went, all they said was shoes, jeans and license. No particular type.

Quote:
I was surprised because shouldn't the test ride be on a stock vehicle to get a good idea of the bike that you are going to eventually buy?
This is something that amazed me too. They will start the bike inside the showroom if you want to hear it though.

Quote:
The sales executive sat with me during the test ride. Is this a normal thing?

Nevertheless, we went on an extremely short trip around the showroom
This is the sales guy pulling a fast one. They gave me a bike solo. They defined the route I needed to take though. Went for a ride around Cubbon Park. The entire ride was about 8-10 minutes including traffic stops but sufficient to get a feel of the vehicle.

Quote:
Which brings me to the behaviour of Tusker Harley. The first test ride that I took was only for 3-4 minutes. I did not get a full feel of the bike and asked them if I can go on another ride that is slightly longer. I was refused saying that it is not possible.
The route is slightly longer. Maybe the sales guy was new or was just in a bad mood. I could call them for you and talk to them, if you want.
Old 8th August 2014, 10:19   #273

@rjun_04 Thank you for offering to help mate. Maybe I just landed there at a wrong time. I am planning to go there again today and take another test ride and also book the vehicle if I am completely happy with the ride. Will update on this thread once done.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
rajeshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 11:33   #274
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to go on another longer test ride to understand the bike properly. Wanted to know if other guys who went to the Tusker Harley showroom experienced something similar or was their experience different?
Rajesh this is not the usual experience and my experience was always good. I suppose the best time for test ride is second half as I suppose these guys would have just opened the shop and trying to settle down. But no excuse or reason to treat a customer this way. After all you are buying a premium bike. In fact I had a similar experience with Triumph Bangalore where nobody bother to arrange for a test ride or even talk to me at their showroom and I gently walked out and bought a Harley. Else I may have gone with Triumph. My Be! that was not the bike for me as I enjoy every bit of my HD ride now.

Also, did you book for a test ride or did you just walk in? Make it very explicit that you need a test ride solo and for at least 2 to 4 kms to get a feel of the bike.

I am going there today as there is a annual sale on accessories and apparels. Do let me know in case you want to talk to someone there and have a test ride scheduled. Usually they are very courteous and helpful.

I will be there by around 5 pm today.

Ride Safe
Old 12th August 2014, 20:33   #275

Finally booked the street! The experience this time around was significantly better. The salesman was helpful and patiently answered all questions.

Now for the long wait! Super excited!

Old 12th August 2014, 21:38   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Finally booked the street! The experience this time around was significantly better. The salesman was helpful and patiently answered all questions.

Congrats rajesh, What is the current waiting time quoted by them ?
Old 12th August 2014, 21:48   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Congrats rajesh, What is the current waiting time quoted by them ?

Sreejith, they are quoting a waiting period of 5-6 months. Although I suspect it could be a little earlier.

Old 12th August 2014, 23:22   #278
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Dude!!! Super happy. I can see a good ride coming up.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:02   #279
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your booking bro...and welcome to the club, I feel you there buddy with the long wait.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:04   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Congrats Dude!!! Super happy. I can see a good ride coming up.

Thanks man. It was that phone call and shreejits post that pushed me over. Btw, you did mention some whatsapp group, right? Any group in bangalore?

Old 15th August 2014, 14:23   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
On the matt black bike, the glossy finish of the headlight cowl looks out of place
The black cowl looks ugly for the headlight. The earlier Harley gets rid of it, the better. A simple chrome headlight like Kawasaki's Eliminator would have been far better looking.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and handheld users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th August 2014 at 13:46.
Old 15th August 2014, 15:16   #282
BHPian

It's just a 5 mins DIY, just 2 screws. Look at Sreejit's ex street.
Old 15th August 2014, 21:37   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
It's just a 5 mins DIY, just 2 screws. Look at Sreejit's ex street.

yes its just two allen bolts that holds it. Most of the street owners have removed them. It indeed gives the bike a different charecter
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:40   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN-RAND View Post
4.fit and finish shows cost cutting, but in my view you get what you pay for so if I go for it some tidying up will be required.

Ken
Hey Ken, also from Goa here, how would you tidy up or hide the jumble of wires that are visible? Especially near the front cowl?
Old 5th September 2014, 05:31   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Hey Ken, also from Goa here, how would you tidy up or hide the jumble of wires that are visible? Especially near the front cowl?
Hi, I am in the out back of Australia at the moment with wife and two sons doing the grand tour, 20,000 km's done and about 8 to 10,000 more to go. Started in Sydney going round anti-clockwise and finish back in Sydney.
Anyway back to subject at hand the bike. I think I would look to use heat shink sleeving which you can buy in differing sizes you disconnect the wires slip over the top then shrink it to fit using a hair dryer or you can use a blow torch but with care so as not to burn it or the bike lol.
There is always a way to improve things as the makers take the easy route to save time and money. PM me and we can meet/talk when I rtn which should be mid Oct.

regards

Ken
KEN-RAND is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks