Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 23:49   #286
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshb View Post
Finally booked the street! The experience this time around was significantly better. The salesman was helpful and patiently answered all questions.

Now for the long wait! Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Congratulations Rajesh!
Love the engine on the bike you're buying!

Was the braking and feedback from the brakes satisfactory? I rode the bike about 4 months back and did miss the feel from the brakes. However, the manager from Tusker called recently and mentioned that they had been tweaked since.

Any other BHPians have any idea about this change?
Old 7th September 2014, 01:08   #287
BHPian

Any comments from users about the Street 750 heating up in city slow speed frequent gear change driving?
Old 7th September 2014, 15:28   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
This is the sales guy pulling a fast one. They gave me a bike solo. They defined the route I needed to take though. Went for a ride around Cubbon Park. The entire ride was about 8-10 minutes including traffic stops but sufficient to get a feel of the vehicle. The route is slightly longer. Maybe the sales guy was new or was just in a bad mood. I could call them for you and talk to them, if you want.
I had a test a Goa dealer went for about 20 km town,highway and some twisty bits. Enjoyed it and will get one on return from Australia.

Ken

Note from Support - Please avoid using short forms and type in full English for better readability. Kindly also avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th October 2014 at 10:35.
Old 7th September 2014, 19:01   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN-RAND View Post
I had a test a Goa dealer went for about 20 km town,highway and some twisty bits. Enjoyed it and will get one on rtn from Australia.

Ken
Wow Ken... a 20 KM Test Ride is awesome. Wish I could have got one as long too.

When are you returning from Australia? Perhaps you should have booked before you went so your ride would be ready for you by the time you returned!
Old 15th September 2014, 19:38   #290
BHPian

I went ahead and booked the bike 20 days ago at Tusker Harley, Bangalore.

Showroom experience was OK. Nothing awesome, Nothing disappointing aswell. 4 months is the waiting period quoted to me for black matte.

Excited to get the delivery.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:31   #291
BHPian

4 months for matte black. In Chennai they said they can give it in a month
Old 1st October 2014, 21:35   #292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshb View Post
Went for a test ride today at Tusker Harley in bangalore and was totally disappointed with the test ride experience. The ride itself was fine and more on that soon.
I had exactly the same experience with Tusker Harley (Goa Branch)

Quote:
The staff showed low enthusiasm and was asked questions like, "You want to test ride now?
Again the same. In fact they didn't even bother asking if I wanted a test drive. I had to ask for it. They didn't bother giving me a brochure. I had to ask for the price list.

Quote:
You need license and leather shoes." I told them that I had called before coming and was told that closed shoes are required, no word about it being leather. The guy said ok and took my license.
They made me fill up a form and the bike arrived.
I was wearing leather shoes so they didn't say anything. They took a copy of my licence and made me fill the waiver form though.

Quote:
It was a red street 750 and had around 1500 KMs on the odo. This one had a lot of accessories with it like screaming eagles, LED headlamps, Pillion back rest and a crash guard. I was surprised because shouldn't the test ride be on a stock vehicle to get a good idea of the bike that you are going to eventually buy?
I got a matte black one with Screamin Eagle exhausts, a windshield, crash guard and back rest. I asked if they could start a bike with stock exhausts to check the sound but they declined.

Quote:
The sales executive sat with me during the test ride. Is this a normal thing? I really wanted to ride it solo but he said that this is norm and they have to follow the guidelines set by HD.
I think it's normal procedure. I experienced it with Enfield and KTM too.

Quote:
Nevertheless, we went on an extremely short trip around the showroom.
Again same here.

Quote:
Wanted to know if other guys who went to the Tusker Harley showroom experienced something similar or was their experience different?
Now you know. Of course this was a different dealership but owned by the same people.

After filling the feedback form they asked me if I'd like some tea of coffee. They didn't bother asking if I was going to make a booking and how much the booking amount was. I too forgot to ask as I was quite irritated. I did ask about delivery time in the begining and I was told that it was 6 months but depends on when they receive the bikes and it could even be 15 days.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 1st October 2014 at 21:38.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:26   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I did ask about delivery time in the begining and I was told that it was 6 months but depends on when they receive the bikes and it could even be 15 days.
Did they really say 15 days?
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:14   #294
BHPian

Just came to know that HD India has raised prices for all its model. For my Superlow's booking the price has been increased by 25k in gurgaon, is it the same across all dealerships and locations??
Old 2nd October 2014, 21:28   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Just came to know that HD India has raised prices for all its model. For my Superlow's booking the price has been increased by 25k in gurgaon, is it the same across all dealerships and locations??
Yes, they did.

Iron gets 40k added, Street - 20k, think Street Bob gets 16k and so on.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:50   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes, they did.

Iron gets 40k added, Street - 20k, think Street Bob gets 16k and so on.
Oh ok, and i guess it also has to do with the state taxes and Registration charges as well, because here in gurgaon the iron is also costlier by 25k, just as my superlow.

Now i'm confused to whether take delivery in nov/dec or to wait till Jan to get the 2015 model. 2015 model would be useful in my opinion when i decide to upgrade and sell this one off in the future, this may be far fetched though.
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:02   #297
BHPian

So how does this work for bookings already made? I booked in June and and due to receive my street in 2 weeks. Would I pay the earlier price or the new price?
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:08   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Oh ok, and i guess it also has to do with the state taxes and Registration charges as well, because here in gurgaon the iron is also costlier by 25k, just as my superlow.

Now i'm confused to whether take delivery in nov/dec or to wait till Jan to get the 2015 model. 2015 model would be useful in my opinion when i decide to upgrade and sell this one off in the future, this may be far fetched though.
For premium bikes it really does not matter I guess unless you want to wait for all new 2015 model superlow which may be sometime in Feb or March.

Also, look for T1200 superlow than 883 in case you decide to wait till next year.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 01:03   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
So how does this work for bookings already made? I booked in June and and due to receive my street in 2 weeks. Would I pay the earlier price or the new price?
Its mentioned in the booking form that you would need to pay the price applicable on the delivery date. So most likely it would cost you more . Check with the dealership once and they would be able to confirm.
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:16   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
For premium bikes it really does not matter I guess unless you want to wait for all new 2015 model superlow which may be sometime in Feb or March.

Also, look for T1200 superlow than 883 in case you decide to wait till next year.
March!!! man that seems like an impossible wait, I thought it'll arrive as soon as Jan... I think I'll be sticking to the original plan of Nov... T1200 looks tempting but would rather wait for some time, or get an upgrade kit later, depending on my financial bank condition or rather my piggy bank conditions..

Most Viewed