Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 13:33   #331
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This may be a one off case but nevertheless needs proper intervention to resolve customer issues on priority.
Multiple owners(at HD street forum) especially from United States has voiced a serious issues with both 500/750 which is similar as the one described by the email you shared. Issue is when bike is low on fuel - under hard acceleration(during take off or overtake) , climbing hills or leaned in during a turn , the fuel supply is cut off to the engine resulting in sudden engine braking and when resumed , resulting in sudden and violent(and almost everyone described it as violent) lurching of the bike to the front with the rider pushed back as a result . Very few have expressed satisfaction after the problem was rectified with many complaining the bike being at SVC for weeks .

Common explanation offered is fuel pump is located at front and under acceleration , fuel is pushed back momentarily . Another is fuel pick up hose is situated too high . Yet another is simply bad quality fuel pump .

One person shared his complaint registered with the necessary authority over there-

SUMMARY:
UPON ACCELERATION FROM A STOP, THE 2015 HARLEY DAVIDSON STREET 500 AND 750 (XG500 AND XG750) MODELS LOSE FUEL PRESSURE WHEN THE FUEL TANK IS UNDER APPROXIMATELY 1/2 CAPACITY. THE PROBLEM IS EXACERBATED WHEN ACCELERATING UP HILLS. UPON LOSS OF FUEL PRESSURE, THE MOTORCYCLE VIOLENTLY THRUSTS THE RIDER FORWARD, AND WHEN THE FUEL PRESSURE RECOVERS, THE RIDER IS UNEXPECTEDLY THRUST BACKWARDS, RESULTING IN A POSSIBLE LOSS OF CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE AT BEST. IN MY CASE, MY NECK WAS STRAINED. MULTIPLE CASES ON THIS PROBLEM HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO H-D, AND THEY SAY THEY ARE INVESTIGATING. THERE IS NO SOLUTION YET, HOWEVER.

ps: Admire this online portal for registering issues and from their tone and effort , it seems the complaints are taken seriously . Wish we had something similar and more importantly effective within India .
basuroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 14:00   #332
Senior - BHPian

There's a vance and hines also available which sounds good i think better than the screamin eagles.
Old 19th November 2014, 14:22   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
There's a vance and hines also available which sounds good i think better than the screamin eagles.
I prefer the Screamin' Eagle personally. Feels more primal to me, like a beast throwing back its head and howling at the sky before tearing off after its prey. More growly, less wheezy.

But both work - one thing that I will recommend to every HD750 owner is that they change out the stock pipe, no matter what replacement they go with.
Old 20th November 2014, 17:08   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
But both work - one thing that I will recommend to every HD750 owner is that they change out the stock pipe, no matter what replacement they go with.
Is it advisable to wait until the first servicing, or is it okay to get the Screaming Eagle at delivery itself? Any idea about a remap or air filter set to go along with it?
Old 20th November 2014, 17:29   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Is it advisable to wait until the first servicing, or is it okay to get the Screaming Eagle at delivery itself? Any idea about a remap or air filter set to go along with it?
I would suggest waiting till the first service. Riding the bike gently would be a lot harder with the SE.

HD also remaps the ECU with the new exhaust as far as I know. They have SE air filters as well,but that is independent of the exhaust.
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 17:02   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I would suggest waiting till the first service. Riding the bike gently would be a lot harder with the SE.

HD also remaps the ECU with the new exhaust as far as I know. They have SE air filters as well,but that is independent of the exhaust.
Thank you for that information. Does seem like it makes more sense to wait for the first servicing.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on a comparison between the Street 750 and a Duke/RC390 in terms of outright power delivery?
Old 30th November 2014, 11:45   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have any first hand experience on a comparison between the Street 750 and a Duke/RC390 in terms of outright power delivery?
Apart from starting verbal duels between respective fanboys, what is this exercise supposed to achieve? These bikes are from different classes. Why would you want to compare a surgical blade with a palette knife?
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 12:26   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Apart from starting verbal duels between respective fanboys, what is this exercise supposed to achieve? These bikes are from different classes. Why would you want to compare a surgical blade with a palette knife?
Not looking to start a fight at all. I've had both these bikes under consideration despite being different beasts, and even booked one. Just haven't been able to test ride the other to compare the two. The Duke has 44bhp and is described as a hooligan in its acceleration. The Street 750 has between 52 and 58bhp, and high torque figures. Just thought I'd ask for some real world comparisons from the more experienced members on this forum.
As for surgical blade and pallet knife, both are sold by the manufacturers as urban bikes, targeted at youngsters primarily. The only difference is the way they go about it. If I get the Duke, it'll be restricted only to me, but the street can be shared with my father. The higher price of the HD is offset by the fact that the dealership is a 5 minute walk from my house, whereas the Ktm would have to be taken nearly 40km away for servicing. Plus the HD is more refined, comfortable and exclusive. All this make it tough choice with outright performance the only remaining factor. So I have my own reasons for considering a surgical blade and a pallet knife. So to me, that question was perfectly valid and I hope you find my reasoning satisfactory.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2014 at 11:55. Reason: You made your point. Let's leave it at that.
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 12:59   #339
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Thread cleaned up. We do NOT tolerate personal attacks, so keep it polite. Debate the issue, don't attack the person.

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 23:04   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
I prefer the Screamin' Eagle personally. Feels more primal to me, like a beast throwing back its head and howling at the sky before tearing off after its prey. More growly, less wheezy.

A 750 owner here at Tvm has VH Competition series or so. They are slips-ons and reportedly costs 70k. Yes, they are loud.
Old 2nd December 2014, 23:12   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A 750 owner here at Tvm has VH Competition series or so. They are slips-ons and reportedly costs 70k. Yes, they are loud.
They cost about 37K and can be bought from Delhi. There is a distributor for VNH, they had even setup a stall at the Southern HOG Rally.
sreejith.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 10:59   #342
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rohit Sharma shares the following experience via email:
Rohit's matter is resolved

Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks for the quick response and posting my concerns on Team BHP.
Harley India finally heard our complaints and resolved the matter by replacing the bike with a brand new Street 750. They even offered if we wanted to upgrade but we refrained to upgrade and settled for the same bike again.

Hope this time it fulfills our long cherished dream without any hiccups, otherwise you guys are always there to help us out like the way you did it this time.

Many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
And keep up the good work.

Best regards

Rohit Sharma
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 12:21   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rohit's matter is resolved
This is really good. Finally restores the faith for all of us out here. I can only imagine the pain Rohit might have gone through and how relieved he must be now.
Old 28th January 2015, 21:10   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Duke 390 will be a bit faster due to its light weight ,0-100 between 4.5-5.5 sec.

The street 750 can also do 5.5-6 sec but I reckon it can go faster with better tires.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 17:03   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Duke 390 will be a bit faster due to its light weight ,0-100 between 4.5-5.5 sec.

The street 750 can also do 5.5-6 sec but I reckon it can go faster with better tires.
100-0 will be better with Duke though

The 750 user we have at Tvm/cochin completed 30k in 5 months period.

Most Viewed