Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 23:34   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayt View Post
The Price of the street 750 has been increased by ₹ 17,000/-

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_IN...treet-750.html
Thats right. Iron's price has seen the steepest rise of ₹30k, Custom 1200's by 20k and 48 by 18k. Do not understand the logic behind discounting Superlow and increasing Iron's price so steeply. Both were/are the best bets for anyone looking for the 'authentic' Harley experience in a budget. Better margins on the locally produced Street?
Old 18th May 2016, 16:24   #392

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Hi Everyone,

I am getting a HD Street 750 soon, with all standard accessories, e.g. back rest, luggage bar, leg guard and battery charger. What I am confused with is the riding gears that I need to purchase, and few other accessories. Need the experts help and advise on the same.

Some of the things that I have finalised in terms of riding gears are as follows: Please take a look and help me purchase (or not) on these mentioned below:

Gears:
  1. Jacket - HD Mesh jacket costing approx 9.5K, max budget - 11K
  2. Gloves - HD gloves - 2.5 K approx Max budget 4 k
  3. Helmet - Thinking to buy full face LS2, any pointers on this direction - Max budget 5 K
  4. Knee Guard - Not sure which one or what to get in this case, please give some pointers.
  5. Shoes - Getting paramilitary shoes which are made of pure leather and costs only 10% of the HD authentic shoes.
Other Accessories:
  1. Two brothers racing exhaust ceramic black with carbon fibre slipon exhaust - part #005-3970499-B - 33.5 K - I love the sound.
  2. High flow airfilter kit - Quite confused on this and not sure from where to get in the after market. - Please advise.
  3. Windshield - Need pointers for after market ones.
  4. Aux Lamps - Need after market ones, please provide dealer info for the same.
Also let me know if I am missing out on anything that is a must have.
My usage of the bike will be daily urban commute and occasional trips of 250-300 kms distance in a month.

Note: Mods, please add my queries to the appropriate thread if its not applicable here.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:56   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am getting a HD Street 750 soon, with all standard accessories, e.g. back rest, luggage bar, leg guard and battery charger. What I am confused with is the riding gears that I need to purchase, and few other accessories. Need the experts help and advise on the same.

Some of the things that I have finalised in terms of riding gears are as follows: Please take a look and help me purchase (or not) on these mentioned below:
Hi Amit,

Congratulations on the bike and wishing you many happy kilometers on it.
If you are looking for a daily commute, i would recommend the heat shields rather than the battery charger as the street doesn't like getting stuck in traffic.
You will also lose your warranty if you go for the after market accessories. The LS2 as a helmet choice is good but beware of fakes as I have heard of a lot of fakes doing the rounds.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th June 2016 at 14:10. Reason: Please do not quote a long post for a shortly reply. Thanks!
Vijayt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:41   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Gears:
  1. Jacket - HD Mesh jacket costing approx 9.5K, max budget - 11K
  2. Gloves - HD gloves - 2.5 K approx Max budget 4 k
  3. Helmet - Thinking to buy full face LS2, any pointers on this direction - Max budget 5 K
  4. Knee Guard - Not sure which one or what to get in this case, please give some pointers.
  5. Shoes - Getting paramilitary shoes which are made of pure leather and costs only 10% of the HD authentic shoes.
Other Accessories:
  1. Two brothers racing exhaust ceramic black with carbon fibre slipon exhaust - part #005-3970499-B - 33.5 K - I love the sound.
  2. High flow airfilter kit - Quite confused on this and not sure from where to get in the after market. - Please advise.
  3. Windshield - Need pointers for after market ones.
  4. Aux Lamps - Need after market ones, please provide dealer info for the same.
Also let me know if I am missing out on anything that is a must have.
My usage of the bike will be daily urban commute and occasional trips of 250-300 kms distance in a month.
Hi Amit, congrats on your new bike.

Don't waste your money on HD branded riding gear. Look for a mesh jacket with CE rated armor and thats all you need. (IIRC, the HD jackets are not CE rated). Similarly good gloves can be found elsewhere.

Coming to your helmet, don't cut corners here. But something with a Snell rating or similar. I expect your budget will need to be at least 15k. If you can stretch more, get an Arai or Shoei but they are way over your current budget.

I've seen good knee guards on Amazon, you can look there. Also any good leather work boots should suffice.

Getting aftermarket exhausts or filters will void your warranty, so be careful. I would advise you to look at a set of Vance and Hines (I have them on the Fatboy). You can buy them from HD or source them and get it fitted at HD. Similarly you can get the heavy breather filters and Fuelpack. But the whole exercise will cost you around 100k, if not more.

I got aux lights from a dealer in Bangalore, but not very happy with them. The HD daymaker headlight is a much better upgrade.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 19:48   #395

Quote:
Hi Amit,
Congratulations on the bike and wishing you many happy kilometers on it.
If you are looking for a daily commute, i would recommend the heat shields rather than the battery charger as the street doesn't like getting stuck in traffic.
Hi Vijayt,

Thank you, unfortunately I got the charger, the show room guys at Bengal Harley did not even tell me about the heat shields or anything like that, mostprobably may be to tell me on my next set of complaints . I will have a word with the sales or the service guys at Bengal Harley, Kolkata.
Quote:
You will also lose your warranty if you go for the after market accessories. The LS2 as a helmet choice is good but beware of fakes as I have heard of a lot of fakes doing the rounds.
Yeah after market will make me loose warranty, in that case will keep the bike stock till the warranty period and tamper with it post it.

LS2 is kind of good for daily use for city commutes, I have realised highways needs superior helmets as mentioned by Mr. VellVector above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Hi Amit, congrats on your new bike.

Don't waste your money on HD branded riding gear. Look for a mesh jacket with CE rated armor and thats all you need. (IIRC, the HD jackets are not CE rated). Similarly good gloves can be found elsewhere.
Hi VellVector,

Thank you. You are right I should not waste on HD gears, however I got one HD mesh jacket for daily use and a Alpine Star all weather for serious riding.
Quote:
Coming to your helmet, don't cut corners here. But something with a Snell rating or similar. I expect your budget will need to be at least 15k. If you can stretch more, get an Arai or Shoei but they are way over your current budget.
I got a set of LS2 as backup, M2 for daily use and will go the Arai way soon.
Quote:
I've seen good knee guards on Amazon, you can look there. Also any good leather work boots should suffice.
Got A-Star knee guards and paramilitary boots to use, but find sports shoes the most comfortable to use with the bikes.
Quote:
Getting aftermarket exhausts or filters will void your warranty, so be careful. I would advise you to look at a set of Vance and Hines (I have them on the Fatboy). You can buy them from HD or source them and get it fitted at HD. Similarly you can get the heavy breather filters and Fuelpack. But the whole exercise will cost you around 100k, if not more.
Not going this route any more, will do post the warranty expires.
Quote:
I got aux lights from a dealer in Bangalore, but not very happy with them. The HD daymaker headlight is a much better upgrade.
Aux fittment have cancelled for now, will source a set from US and use.

Vijayt and VellVector, thanks once again for the valuable pointers.

Thanks,
Amit Satpathy
Old 19th July 2016, 21:20   #396

Hi All,

Few queries on the Street 750 1st service, while I have read across the forum for the cost of the 1st service to be somewhere arond 6-6.5k INR, Bengal Harley is quoting me 11128.00 for the service and another 3800 for outstation charges, the detailed break up is as follows:

Service Charge- 11128
Courier Charge(to send the service material)- 800
Touring Charge(travelling fare, local convince & accommodation for
technician)- 3000
Total- 14928

service charge breakup is as follows:
QUOTATION (ESTIMATE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sno PAM/Labour No. Description Qty Rate Labour Lub.Amt Taxable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 62600059 SYN3,1-GAL,BTL,AP 1 3333.62 3333.62

2 62700045 OIL FILTER 1 390.83 390.83

3 11900045 O-RING,DRAIN PLUG 1 36.68 36.68

4 94968-09 HARLEY LUBE 1 437.99 437.99

5 91600001 FUEL STABILIZER,4- 1 437.99 437.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 2016NBB-0002 1,000 mile (1,600 2160.00

7 CONS-XG Consumable Charges 500.00

8 LAB-MISC-1 OUT STATION JOB 2400.00

Can someone please take a look and confirm back to me if the charges are genuine in this case?
Old 20th July 2016, 08:53   #397

Quote:
Hi All,

Few queries on the Street 750 1st service, while I have read across the forum for the cost of the 1st service to be somewhere arond 6-6.5k INR, Bengal Harley is quoting me 11128.00 for the service and another 3800 for
Following is the what I paid for my 1st service.

1. Engine oil - Rs. 2187
2. Oil Filter - Rs. 328
3. Service labour - Rs. 2500
4. Consumables - Rs. 500
5. Taxes - Rs. 734
This was in Nov'14.

For my last service last month I paid Rs. 6320/- in total.
1. Engine oil - Rs. 2219.67
2. Oil Filter - Rs. 355.26
3. O-ring, Drain plug - Rs. 33.58
4. Housing plate - Rs. 491.34
5. Service labour - Rs. 1920
6. Consumables - Rs. 500
7. Taxes - Rs. 800

Hope it helps.

-Anand
Old 13th September 2016, 14:16   #398

Is any one else facing 'rust issues' on the street 750.

There are quite a few 'rust spots' on both the brakes and also on the exposed nuts and bolts on the bike. I am planing to take this to the service center but wanted to check with the group first if anyone had faced similar issues with their bike and if they have a resolution for the same?
Old 21st February 2018, 10:06   #399
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to get my hands on an old HD Street 750 (2014) model. Is there anyone on the forum who has been owning and running it till date.

I understand, 2014 model and serious braking issues. Was it for all bikes or select few had the problem more? Also, did someone try upgrading the brake kit and share experience?

Any service person outside authorized service center who can do service and brake kit upgrade from Endurance to Brembo units?

Thanks in advance.
Sanjeev
Old 22nd February 2018, 01:47   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Is there anyone on the forum who has been owning and running it till date.

I understand, 2014 model and serious braking issues. Was it for all bikes or select few had the problem more? Also, did someone try upgrading the brake kit and share experience?

Any service person outside authorized service center who can do service and brake kit upgrade from Endurance to Brembo units?
Sanjeev, congratulations on your purchase.

I own a Street 750 a.k.a Red Baron since Feb 2015 and though the brakes are not the best, I haven't faced any untoward incidents till date (touch wood ). This issue was for all the bikes and not just the 2014 model alone. Over time, I've learnt that engine braking works wonders in addition to the regular brakes.

X - Torque in Doddanekundi, on the outer ring road, used to do brake upgrades for the Street 750. The last I checked with them, they quoted around 15K for the upgrade. Since there wasn't any long term feedback on the outcome I opted out of getting it done.

Last edited by Snehal Sekhar : 22nd February 2018 at 01:50. Reason: grammar correction
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:01   #401
BHPian

Hi Snehal,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Good to hear that you have been going fine with the default brakes. I will also continue with the same till I see a need to upgrade. The brake upgrade is costly if you try to change the complete assembly including the master cylinder unit and calipers. (60k plus)

Need help on few areas:
1. Where do you get it serviced? I am thinking of Bison HD Kormangala as they did the assessment of the bike before i purchased. Tusker guys didnt bother to do assessment.

Bison HD Kormangala had an engineer from HD US also that day who checked the bike completely and below was their observation

a. Rear brake pad, as the brake is very weak and worn out
b. Head bearing as the handle is quite hard to turn around
c. Wheel bearings ( said can be delayed)
d. dot 4 Oil change

I heard Domons Custom Banashankari ( multi brand service provider) is also good but not sure about going there yet.

2. Where can I get good heat deflector and Pillion back rest.
There's only one heat deflector I see on amazon from MK brand, thinking of buying it. Riding Street in Blore traffic generates lots of heat.

Link for Heat deflector: http://www.mkdesignsindia.com/product/heat-deflector/

For Pillion back rest, will pick up Eagle brand being sold on Amazon. Need to talk to HD guys if they can fix it or I will try DIY

3. Any recommendations on fuel, like Shell V2 or HP power or normal petrol should be good.

Please ignore if my questions sound very basic, but dont want to take chances with the bike in my hands.

Thanks in advance for helping me.
Sanjeev
Happy Riding
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 18:16   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
1. Where do you get it serviced? I am thinking of Bison HD Kormangala as they did the assessment of the bike before i purchased. Tusker guys didnt bother to do assessment.
I get the Baron serviced at Tusker in Koramangala. Haven't faced any issues with them all these years. I used to give it to the Tusker showroom on Lavelle Road earlier, but their high handed attitude was a big put off and I found the Indiranagar Tusker service staff more friendly. Anyway, I've been thinking of shifting to Bison Harley for my next service since I heard they are open on Sunday's as well and that makes it convenient for me.

Quote:
I heard Domons Custom Banashankari ( multi brand service provider) is also good but not sure about going there yet.
Depending on where you stay, you could also try Hi-Torq 76 in Bilekahalli on Bannerghatta Road. They are a multi brand super bike service centre.

I would still prefer giving my bike to an authorised service centre though.

Quote:
2. Where can I get good heat deflector and Pillion back rest.
There's only one heat deflector I see on amazon from MK brand, thinking of buying it. Riding Street in Blore traffic generates lots of heat.
You could also try http://www.ddhstudio.com/. I purchased a crash guard from them and though the finish wasn't that good, it saved my leg without causing much damage to the guards when I had a minor crash on my last ride. They also sell other accessories for Harleys, including back rests and several other things.

Quote:
3. Any recommendations on fuel, like Shell V2 or HP power or normal petrol should be good.
I don't stick to Shell or any fuel from a particular station. Anything goes for the Baron. Especially when I'm going on these long rides, it makes it very difficult to choose fuel from a particular station. I try and use the normal petrol from Shell when I am in Bangalore and when I am on the highway, I try to search for BP fuel stations. If I don't find them when I need to fill, I get the Baron fueled from any fuel station. The Baron has never had any problems with that.

Ride safe buddy and ATGATT!
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:49   #403
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the detailed response Snehal.
Let me get the paperwork done for the bike, service and accessories and then update everyone on the final outcome after a fortnight / 20 days.

As suggested, will get the service done at authorized dealer, preferably, Bison HD Kormangala. Started riding bike in nearby areas to gain confidence over the new beast.
Old 26th March 2018, 23:57   #404
BHPian

Anyone know where I can buy a 90 degree valve stem for the Street 750s tyres?
With most air filling stations having the newer long nozzles, it doesn't fit between the gap of the rear brake rotor and the valve stem and I have to go hunting for petrol pumps that have the round air nozzle. Are these 90 degree valves a one size fits all tyres kinda thing or are they based on the rim size?

Also, I was thinking of getting bar end weights for my bike and the OEMs that Tusker has are retailing at 6K a pair (including installation). Anywhere, I can get a good pair that are more cheaper?
Old 27th March 2018, 00:13   #405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Are these 90 degree valves a one size fits all tyres kinda thing or are they based on the rim size?
https://www.bikenbiker.com/collectio...stem-extension

Something like this?

You can try speaking to these guys. The owner of the website had a Street 750 earlier as well - so should be able to answer your queries regarding compatibility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks