Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 13:44   #61
BHPian

If harley davidson couldn't give a tachometer, the least they could do was give a fuel indicator and a gear indicator. Such small things bring down the overall aspect of what is a wonderful machine.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th April 2014 at 16:08. Reason: typo corrected
Old 30th April 2014, 16:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
where was the photoshoot done?
The photo's were shot on the Faridabad highway and in the premises of the Westin Hotel, Gurgaon (lawn shots).
Old 30th April 2014, 22:02   #63
BHPian

Where to get the price list for all the accessories? Here's the list of things I would like to purchase with the bike:

1. sissy bar and luggage rack
2. touring seat
3. windshield

Am expecting these things to cost a bomb, so the immediate thought is, how difficult is it to fit an Avenger backrest and windscreen?

I will have to think twice before plonking 25 K for a sissy bar and backrest, something I can get made outside for 1/5th the price. If the bike has been made in India, I don't see why the accessories should be priced so high. Anybody with a price list here? The Tusker HD people have given me very sketchy pricing, so not sure what to believe so far.
Old 1st May 2014, 00:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Here's the list of things I would like to purchase with the bike:
2. touring seat
Touring without a Fuel gauge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The photo's were shot on the Faridabad highway and in the premises of the Westin Hotel, Gurgaon (lawn shots).
Was wondering what place is that in Bangalore
Old 1st May 2014, 09:59   #65
BHPian

Yes a fuel gauge would be a nice thing to have but i always carry extra fuel when on long rides. Plus the "reserve" indicator shd be warning enough. Never had any problems riding long distances on the enfield so if you see where i am upgrading from you wouldn't find that too weird. My need is for a faster cruiser that's not gonna break down. All these are not must haves for me. People used to more sophisticated bikes might be disappointed with this bike but it works for me.
Old 1st May 2014, 16:19   #66
BHPian

What difference it makes to touring whether a fuel gauge is present or absent when the bike itself has a range of 180-225 km depending on mileage returned- with small range like that , one will have to stop at more or less every pump on the way . The bike has many other quality issues in its current form for this to even become a concern .
Old 1st May 2014, 20:14   #67
BHPian

Hi, about the fuel economy, why do you think it will go only about 225 km on a single tank? This bike has a real-world range of around 325 kms on a 13 liter tank, which translates into 25 kpl if ridden around 120-130 kph all day. The Ninja 650 returns an average of 26 kpl for highway riding at around the same speed, with occasional bursts to 150 kph. Am sure for my kind of sedate riding the HD street 750 will not return any less than 25 kpl, no matter what the dealers say. They will try to down-sell the ST so as not to impact the Iron 883 sales, but this is a bike made for the third world, and everything from the fuel economy to the suspension was given a lot of thought. This is for budget conscious bikers who will ride on bad roads. This bike is aimed at that bracket of riders who are tired of riding their Enfields, were itching for the 390, impatient about the 390 Adventure, and suddenly got this. Perfect timing, perfect pricing. The niggles that we observe here (exposed cables, etc.) can be sorted out at the local garage, and unless Honda come up with the CB 500 X or KTM with the 390 Adventure just within the next six months, this baby is gonna sell like crazy in that bracket of riders. This isn't for Harley enthusiasts, which is a good thing.

Just my opinion. I am buying this in a couple of months and am not gonna wait much longer. I am delaying the booking just because of a cash crunch (school fees, etc.) around this time of the year. I will book hopefully in July unless someone reliable tells me that the Honda or the KTM are coming very, very soon. Honda does soft launches, so the three CB 500 bikes hitting our shores by Diwali wouldn't be very surprising.
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 00:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Hi, about the fuel economy, why do you think it will go only about 225 km on a single tank? This bike has a real-world range of around 325 kms on a 13 liter tank, which translates into 25 kpl if ridden around 120-130 kph all day. The Ninja 650 returns an average of 26 kpl for highway riding at around the same speed, with occasional bursts to 150 kph. Am sure for my kind of sedate riding the HD street 750 will not return any less than 25 kpl, no matter what the dealers say. This bike is aimed at that bracket of riders who are tired of riding their Enfields, were itching for the 390, impatient about the 390 Adventure, and suddenly got this. Perfect timing, perfect pricing. The niggles that we observe here (exposed cables, etc.) can be sorted out at the local garage. This isn't for Harley enthusiasts, which is a good thing.

Just my opinion. I am buying this in a couple of months and am not gonna wait much longer. .

The mileage figure quoted to me is around 15 for city and 20+ for highways(like you , I found this number low as I expected higher) . Mileage figure from a couple of owners so far at street forum say the same(take this with a pinch of salt since they for whatever reason get irritated when asked about mileage/range and answer vaguely) .

Out of 13 litre ,at least 1-2 litre is unusable because of fuel pump , company says 3 litre reserve is the safe limit . 12*22 returns a figure of 264 and 12*18 returns a figure of 216 ( I am personally assuming 18 as i always assume worst case scenario to be on safe side ) . The point about intentionally downplaying the bike to boost iron/superlow sales has crossed my mind as well - reason being when I enquired about performance , I was delivered the "more displacement = better performance " cliche

You are right about this bike is for those who don't want an enfield or similar , that is why I am looking at it and tbh it is either this motorycle or none . My interest being more of a luxury purchase rather than necessity , I find the overall bumper to bumper cost cutting hard to accept. Exposed wire-looms or cheap pegs etc I can live with and while individually judged neither are a deal breaker but when the overall package is concerned , it all adds up for me . The apparent lack of quality and execution outside has raised questions about the quality of the engine internals and how reliable/durable it is . I will wait a few months , see what the initial ownership feedback is and then make a move .

Last edited by basuroy : 2nd May 2014 at 00:43.
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:19   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, I think absence of fuel guage is given too much importance here.

Even my Triumph Bonneville doesn't come with one and I dont miss it at all

I know Bonnie has a 16L tank capacity. I know reserve is around 4.5L and do know it's range is 220km-240kms so I plan my fuel stops accordingly

I did a 1200kms round trip to Bangalore and back last week on the Bonnie and fuel warning lamp used to light up at 210kms and I used to continue riding for another 20kms-30kms before refueling. Maximum fuel that used to go in was 10.50L translating to about 22kmpl FE for the Bonnie

We never missed the fuel guage in our long trip so I personally feel it is not a deal-breaker

You can read more details about my long ride here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3424316
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:23   #70
Team-BHP Support

I removed the instrument cluster from my Thunderbird. Modified the tank to a larger capacity.

There is no odometer, speedometer or any meter.

I think the tank holds like 18 liters of petrol. Gives me a range of 500+ kms. Every major city I cross, I tank up.

Don't bother about things like fuel gauge. It really makes no difference.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:03   #71
BHPian

Yesterday went on a short ride to Lavasa on my Duke. Saw couple of Street 750 in person. Have to say these bikes are more eye catching than what the pictures suggest. Both had nice burgandy red color. Looks something exotic from a distance. Atleast the concerns raised on wiring and quality of switches is not easily visible from distance. May be if one starts spending more time then he/she would discover the quality issues.
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:25   #72
BHPian

Its not like its impossible to put add a Fuel Gauge. Those who really depend on it would install one. The rest would manage without one.
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Its not like its impossible to put add a Fuel Gauge. Those who really depend on it would install one. The rest would manage without one.
Apparently deliveries have begun. I chased down one biker to a signal and he had a wide grin plastered on his face. Last week when I visited the showroom in mumbai, they told me, keep your money ready, bike will be delivered by 15th ( I am not supposed to share this bit ha ha ah )
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:44   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
Apparently deliveries have begun. I chased down one biker to a signal and he had a wide grin plastered on his face. Last week when I visited the showroom in mumbai, they told me, keep your money ready, bike will be delivered by 15th ( I am not supposed to share this bit ha ha ah )
Hey could u tell me when you booked the bike? So can get an approximate idea of the actual delivery time. The showroom guys were saying around 3-4 months which frankly felt as if they are keeping a huge buffer considering deliveries have already started everywhere.

Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:33   #75
BHPian

Saw one in black color yesterday in Gurgaon. The bike does look good in flesh and on the surface the fit and finish is decent enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks