BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hey, I am sure you mean the Centre Stand Side stand isn't it already there

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
Yep!
My fault there! It is the centre stand, what I had meant.
By the way, just did a bit of cleaning. It is quite a task to be carried out on the side stand, especially the wheel rims, brakes and allied parts.

It's raining in Delhi and hence the bike is accumulating muck pretty soon.

It has been raining with such gusto that I could not resist pushing it in the rain for a while before wiping it dry

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140831_102255.jpg

Last edited by susan3004 : 31st August 2014 at 12:48.
susan3004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 19:42   #47
BHPian

Visited the Triumph Delhi showroom located at the Vasant Square mall. The showroom is at the ground floor, while their workshop(less servicing) is in the basement.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140829_184727.jpg

My Bonnie was taken to the basement as I got the centre stand installed today.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140901_151131.jpg

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140901_151257.jpg

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140901_152822.jpg

Although, the movement of the stand is not free while coming up, but I've been assured that it will take some time before it's absolutely free. They lubricated it vigorously to attain the best results.
susan3004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 19:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Although, the movement of the stand is not free while coming up, but I've been assured that it will take some time before it's absolutely free. They lubricated it vigorously to attain the best results.
The kit should've come with two springs. Both needs to be installed for a free up movement. Both need to be installed at the same points one at the C Bracket and one at the small peg attached to the frame.

Did they grease the pivot pegs before inserting them ?

If two are not there, please get this confirmed that this is the case for India.

I have sent you a PM as well, just in case

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 1st September 2014 at 19:59.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:01   #49
BHPian

Yes, there are two springs; one inserted in the other one which are mounted on the C bracket. However, I'm still awaiting the free movement of the same.

Request check my reply on the PM.
Old 1st September 2014, 22:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there are two springs; one inserted in the other one which are mounted on the C bracket. However, I'm still awaiting the free movement of the same.

Request check my reply on the PM.
Have checked the PM. Thanks

When you get a chance can you take a picture of the stand/spring install and post ? These parts are so well engineered, it should have free movement, hence would like to see what has been done with the spring

Better, see the link below - make sure install is correct

http://www.triumphinstructions.com/P...9758008-EN.pdf

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 1st September 2014 at 22:29.
Old 8th September 2014, 17:31   #51
BHPian

@Ram. The installation has been carried out as described in the instructions. In fact, they referred to the same pdf instructions over the computer and executed it step wise.

Now, coming to the advantages of having a centre stand are that the Bonnie stands upright and occupies less area in the garage as opposed when on the side stand which it has to share with a full grown sedan (read Cedia), a Bullet and two bicycles!

Cleaning the bike has become much easier on the left side of the bike. Lubricating the drive chain and cleaning the rear wheel has never been easier and better.

Albeit, with the weight of the bike, it is not easy to pull it on the stand. As a ready comparison, my Bullet 500 is a breeze to mount on the centre stand for which I can execute without dismounting from it compared to the Bonnie!
Old 8th September 2014, 17:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

[quote=susan3004;3526631
Cleaning the bike has become much easier on the left side of the bike. Lubricating the drive chain and cleaning the rear wheel has never been easier and better.

Albeit, with the weight of the bike, it is not easy to pull it on the stand. As a ready comparison, my Bullet 500 is a breeze to mount on the centre stand for which I can execute without dismounting from it compared to the Bonnie![/quote]

The Chain Clean & Lube - get a Grunge Brush as well - it becomes really easy (useful for any chains)

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-grunge-brush.jpg

Yes, putting the centre stnd takes bit of effort, but with practice it will become quiet easy - if you look at my bike, I don't even have a grab rail to hold on, but I manage with my "napoleanic" height.

In Bullet, both tyre are on the ground even with Centre Stand dowm isn't it, so actually you are rolling it on to CS rather than lifting it on the CS (as in Bonney). Same was the case with RD350 as well, you just cant do a sit on seat even in that however tall you are.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 8th September 2014, 17:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The Chain Clean & Lube - get a Grunge Brush as well - it becomes really easy (useful for any chains)

Attachment 1284693

Yes, putting the centre stnd takes bit of effort, but with practice it will become quiet easy - if you look at my bike, I don't even have a grab rail to hold on, but I manage with my "napoleanic" height.

In Bullet, both tyre are on the ground even with Centre Stand dowm isn't it, so actually you are rolling it on to CS rather than lifting it on the CS (as in Bonney). Same was the case with RD350 as well, you just cant do a sit on seat even in that however tall you are.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
I was getting inquisitive about the missing grab rail on your Bonnie. I had all the intentions of removing mine too, but this centre stand came by, so I left it on the bike for now.

Although, your bike is an absolute looker without the rail!
Old 10th September 2014, 13:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was getting inquisitive about the missing grab rail on your Bonnie. I had all the intentions of removing mine too, but this centre stand came by, so I left it on the bike for now.

Although, your bike is an absolute looker without the rail!
Thanks for the comments on her looks., looks a spinner doesn't she

The Grab Rail - it was not there when I got the bike, the Triumph had forgotten to ship it with the consignment and was delivered to me latter. Just didn't bother to put it on. Still in its packing.

Actually you can use the rear footrest mount as a point to hold on/lift the bike on to the CS easily, whils leveraging down on the lead lever of the stand.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 10th September 2014, 21:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Actually you can use the rear footrest mount as a point to hold on/lift the bike on to the CS easily, whils leveraging down on the lead lever of the stand.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
I have been using this technique on the bullet. Perhaps a little practice will be required as I'm still apprehensive about the hot tail pipe on the left side.

However, it saves a lot of space when the Bonnie is mounted on the main stand.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140908_201629.jpg

Note the two bikes on their main stands shoved inside the garage. The idea is to save the precious centimetres here and there so that everything is accessible by the least movement of others.
susan3004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:42   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Note the two bikes on their main stands shoved inside the garage. The idea is to save the precious centimetres here and there so that everything is accessible by the least movement of others.
Paaji, that's one tight garage....

Plan a ride to Hyderabad next time instead of Babina. We have another fast Bonnie rider in our group now that can compete with your style of riding

Center stand indeed is a boon to save space in such tight situations. But, alas I cannot even think about it now

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th September 2014 at 18:00. Reason: corrected to center stand
Old 13th September 2014, 17:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Paaji, that's one tight garage....

Plan a ride to Hyderabad next time instead of Babina. We have another fast Bonnie rider in our group now that can compete with your style of riding

Side stand indeed is a boon to save space in such tight situations. But, alas I cannot even think about it now
Lesser mortals have to adjust in tight garages!

I would love to ride to Hyderabad. I'll confirm the plans to you as they crystallize.

I'm sure it's the centre stand you meant up there. Apart from space saving, it's very convenient to clean the wheels and lubricate the chain. You may use this premise to consider for this accessory!
Old 13th September 2014, 17:59   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure it's the centre stand you meant up there. Apart from space saving, it's very convenient to clean the wheels and lubricate the chain. You may use this premise to consider for this accessory!
Yes. My bad. I meant center stand. Apparently, after fitting arrows, center stand cannot be fitted to a Bonnie
Old 13th September 2014, 18:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes. My bad. I meant center stand. Apparently, after fitting arrows, center stand cannot be fitted to a Bonnie
This is surprising. These guys at the workshop also did not mention it to the fellow riders who were getting it installed on Bonnies. In fact, I overheard them telling the customer to come back for the arrows subsequently.
Old 13th September 2014, 22:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is surprising. These guys at the workshop also did not mention it to the fellow riders who were getting it installed on Bonnies. In fact, I overheard them telling the customer to come back for the arrows subsequently.

Hi S,

In the page 2 of the Centre Stand fitting Instruction, you have, it's clearly stated that the Centre Stand is NOT Compatible with Arrow Kits

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 13th September 2014 at 22:30.

Most Viewed