Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 11:21   #136
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
@jkdas: The lowest portion is indeed the engine oil sump and the radiator coolant reservoir right behind it. On the above mentioned stretch, the road was uneven and had undulations, but nothing like speed breakers, so had no issues clearing them. Also, I was riding solo on that part, so didn't have any issues with clearances. Only twice I've touched speed breakers, and both times it was with pillion. The issue is not the static ground clearance; the issue is when the suspension travels, it will tend to crash on the speedbreaker. The trick is to approach the speed breaker with near zero speed and then move over it, without making the suspension travel substantially.
Test rode the Street Triple and the CB1000R, bikes that I've shortlisted for myself. Simply fell in love with the flickability of the Striple. And the brakes: what bite! I have a query though, which the sales guys weren't quite sure of: With the service intervals 10k kms apart, does the engine oil actually last that much? Or does one have to change the oil between two scheduled services?
Old 13th November 2014, 13:17   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
With the service intervals 10k kms apart, does the engine oil actually last that much? Or does one have to change the oil between two scheduled services?
No change of oil required, the bikes come factory filled with Castrol Power 1, which can easily last the 10,000 kms service interval. All of the Triumph bikes are running this schedule and have had no issues at all. It's the same interval followed all over the country. One important thing that I felt was necessary was a more periodic cleaning of the air filter, since we have the most dusty places and the air filter will get clogged sooner than abroad. So other than chain cleaning and lubrication which you can do on your own, the bikes will happily run for the 10,000kms service interval

Last edited by hifisharu : 13th November 2014 at 13:19.
Old 13th November 2014, 21:37   #138
DipantS

I believe engine oil can last for 10K KM without any issue, but if needed, you can top it up at any point. However, I have seen serious loss of engine coolant within first 4K KM needing a refill, coolant may need frequent check and refill depending upon riding condition. Looking at the Indian road condition and amount of dust, I think 5K KM is the right time to change the air filter over cleaning.

Old 15th November 2014, 21:20   #139
BHPian

Updated the parking lamps to LED and the head lights to Phillips Crystal Vision. No major change in performance, just farkles. And talking about performance, don't know if the rumours are true, waiting for a response from Triumph India
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416066602479.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416066618838.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416066633438.jpg  

Old 16th November 2014, 21:18   #140
DipantS

Hey, are these the white ones, like throws white light? What is the model number? Do they need any modification and how much do they cost?

Old 17th November 2014, 07:14   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Hey, are these the white ones, like throws white light? What is the model number? Do they need any modification and how much do they cost?
They are headlamps are only slightly white, 4300K. Same wattage as stock, 60/55W. Even the performance( spread, throw) is the same, and it's just a normal H4 bulb, used in most cars and bikes. You can try Philips Crystal Vision, Diamond Vision, Xtreme Vision, Or Osram Nightbreaker or the PIAA bulbs.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12342CVSM/crystalvision

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-lamp.jpg

The parking lamps are LED, and fully white.

No modifications required for the installation. Just follow the owner's manual to remove the headlight housing, and install the lamps, just plug and play. Took me about an hour, since the access to the holes is a bit tight, do takes time to undo them and fix them back

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-headlight.jpg

I'm yet to assess the complete performance of these bulbs, as most of the reviews are not very positive
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ernatives.html

However, I had the same bulb on my CBR before, and I had no complaints. I'm guessing it depends more on the reflector design for the bulbs to be effective. Will add in more comments as and when I observe the changes
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 20:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
They are headlamps are only slightly white, 4300K. Same wattage as stock, 60/55W. Even the performance( spread, throw) is the same, and it's just a normal H4 bulb, used in most cars and bikes. You can try Philips Crystal Vision, Diamond Vision, Xtreme Vision, Or Osram Nightbreaker or the PIAA bulbs.
Always skip the deep tinted bulbs, they're worse on output than clear bulbs. Of all bulbs with any amount of blue tinted glass, only the Osram Nightbreaker series is an upgrade because it's milder in tint and coats only part of the bulb.

So avoid all the Crystal Vision, Diamond Vision, Cool Blue type of bulbs and straightaway go for Philips Xtreme Power/Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker or Osram Silverstar models.
Old 17th November 2014, 22:44   #143
BHPian

Completed this today, and every moment has been glorious. And it's been only 6 months since I bought the bike
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416244477155.jpg  

hifisharu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 23:33   #144
DipantS

Thanks hifisharu for all the details around headlamp upgrade, I appreciate it. I have added it to my list.

Congrates for achieving 10K milestone this fast, you are definitely having a gala time with your Striple. Wish you many more fast and safe 10K’s ahead.
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 14:24   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are headlamps are only slightly white, 4300K. Same wattage as stock, 60/55W.
Sharath, please be cautious while riding when it's dark and the roads are wet.

These white light bulbs tend to reflect away from the road in wet weather and esp. when it's raining, they are useless.

Quote:
Completed this today, and every moment has been glorious. And it's been only 6 months since I bought the bike
Congratulations and wishing you many more happy and safe miles.

P.S. Another buddy of mine just took delivery of his triple .
Old 18th November 2014, 18:50   #146
BHPian

Just adding some pics from a recent ride, with fellow member Djay99 and I'm astonished at the variety we saw in the parking lot, I mean it was like a parking lot in Europe
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416316751496.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416316765130.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416316778706.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416316796407.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1416316811293.jpg  

hifisharu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 18:39   #147

I have been regularly following this thread.
I am also facing a dilemma, I am looking forward to buy the speed triple but have not across any ownership reviews or feedback about the bike. If anyone is currently owning one or has come across one would appreciate a feedback .
Old 20th November 2014, 20:19   #148
Senior - BHPian

Fellow member AlokSriva bought a Triumph couple of months ago & IIRC it is the same model. You may want to contact him via pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
I have been regularly following this thread.
I am also facing a dilemma, I am looking forward to buy the speed triple but have not across any ownership reviews or feedback about the bike. If anyone is currently owning one or has come across one would appreciate a feedback .
Old 20th November 2014, 20:19   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just adding some pics from a recent ride, with fellow member Djay99 and I'm astonished at the variety we saw in the parking lot, I mean it was like a parking lot in Europe

Wowie wow! Which place is this? The Kolar road CCD or the one near Shoolagiri. The sheer variety of bikes is astounding.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 07:04   #150
BHPian

abhinav.s: That is the Kolar CCD. If you ever want to witness a huge gathering of SBKs, just head there on a Sunday morning. All shapes and sizes and sounds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks