Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 11:28   #181
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Finally! Can't wait to hear it growl. Sure as hell eager to read your report on the Arrows!
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice. Is this the full system or just the slip-on? Did you have to remap the bike post the upgrade to sort out fueling issues if any?
Oh it does growl alright, like a mad, rabid beast. The Arrow adds the much needed performance and the aural pleasure. The 'pops' heard while decelerating, and the 'booms' while downshifting are pure 'eargasm'. Currently, I'm running without the dB killer, and the bike is quite loud. It's a slip-on, and as I'm aware, there are no full systems available, except some race-only version available in Europe. This is the Triumph approved one, so no issues with warranty. ECU runs a different Arrow map, and injects a heavy dose of power all across the rev range, and the engine revs very freely, reaching incredible speeds in a blink

Last edited by hifisharu : 26th February 2015 at 11:29.
Old 26th February 2015, 11:58   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
It's a slip-on, and as I'm aware, there are no full systems available, except some race-only version available in Europe.
Street's headers are already tuned, only the box they had to restrict due to decibells and with these arrows and remaps am sure Sharath has a big grin on his face

How is the torque delivery at low revs? and exhaust how does it smell? Clean or rich? coz i heard without the airbox opening these used to run rich.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 13:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How is the torque delivery at low revs? and exhaust how does it smell? Clean or rich? coz i heard without the airbox opening these used to run rich.
The exhaust is rich initially, as in during start-up, and after the engine is upto operating temp, the fuel-air mix is at the stoichiometric ratio, yet to look into those things. And yes, there's a wide grin on my face ever since yesterday
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:14   #184
BHPian

Congratulations, Sharath on your lovely stripple, though a bit late.

Read the whole thread in one go, since myself looking at getting some thing good for myself. Congrats on the remap too.

Please update the specs post remap.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 07:26   #185
BHPian

Wanted to update the thread after reaching a landmark figure on the odo. Unfortunately when the event actually happened, I was stuck in traffic, Nevertheless, I've enjoyed every one of those kms on the White Knight. With the inclusion of the Arrow, the ride has become even sweeter and a hoot. More details and ownership views will be posted soon, after a photo shoot

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20150308_080318514.jpg

Did a small trip to Mysore with couple of my friends, one of whom picked up a Z800 recently

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20150307_062838045_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-00_06360009.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-00_06400033.jpg
hifisharu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 09:38   #186
BHPian

Hey
Thats a nice ride.
Just out of curiosity, and i know this might sound really stupid. But wanted to know what do you do (not only you, but in general all the guys who have superbikes) if you get a flat. Does it get fixed by any roadside chap...or you wait for someone to come from the dealership. I'd be really worried with the roadside guys, going at those rims the way they do to lodge the tire off.
Plus fuel. The compression on these motorcycles is ridiculous. Does it not affect the engine in the long run, considering we don't get 97 anymore? Or do we? I don't know anyplace in Mumbai that still sells 97 fuel. Is Octane booster mandatory for daily use or rather when you fill her up.

Thanks
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 10:19   #187
BHPian

To answer your question, we had three cases of puncture on our last ride to Pondicherry. All these were fixed by the riders, using a tubeless tire puncture repair kit. Tire is then inflated partially using a portable compressor, which runs on the bike battery and then the tire is fully filled at the nearest bunk. There's no need to go to the puncture shop and certainly no need for tire removal.

With regards to the fuel question, the Street, Bonnie and Harleys all run on 91 octane fuel. This is the recommended grade by the company. So we have no need for octane boosters and the bikes have been performing normally for all this while on available pump gas. This was one of my major criteria while zeroing in on the Street Triple. The CBU bikes, designed for 95+RON do face some issue, as 97 octane fuel is not available outside the metros, and are forced to run the bike on pump gas at the cost of reduced performance or stay within the range of one full tank.
Old 10th March 2015, 11:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Hey
Thats a nice ride.
Just out of curiosity, and i know this might sound really stupid. But wanted to know what do you do (not only you, but in general all the guys who have superbikes) if you get a flat. Does it get fixed by any roadside chap...or you wait for someone to come from the dealership. I'd be really worried with the roadside guys, going at those rims the way they do to lodge the tire off.
Plus fuel. The compression on these motorcycles is ridiculous. Does it not affect the engine in the long run, considering we don't get 97 anymore? Or do we? I don't know anyplace in Mumbai that still sells 97 fuel. Is Octane booster mandatory for daily use or rather when you fill her up.

Thanks
You don't need to take the tyre out for a puncture repair of a tubeless tyre with one of those plugs. Same way as you would in a pulsar. Local 'punchure' shop would be good enough.

Unless you are spoiling yourself with a super sport, 91 RON is suggested and good enough. Any BSIV pump is sufficient for that.

The very reason that we see so many super bikes being sold is that managing them has become a whole lot easier.

And the Striple and Z800 together look amazing side by side. As if, one is making the other look better and that is applicable to both. If one was asked to choose on the basis of the looks, he would surely loose his mind as the design philosophy is so much different from each other.

Wonder if you guys did a 400m drag Z800 doing its 4K rpm time.
Old 12th March 2015, 21:18   #189
BHPian

[quote=hifisharu;3660175]To answer your question, we had three cases of puncture on our last ride to Pondicherry. All these were fixed by the riders, using a tubeless tire puncture repair kit. Tire is then inflated partially using a portable compressor, which runs on the bike battery and then the tire is fully filled at the nearest bunk. There's no need to go to the puncture shop and certainly no need for tire removal.

Hi bro, this is a very useful and important info that every superbike owners and potential owners must be aware. I think it would be a blessing if anyone cares to post a video on youtube (video on how to tackle flats on sports bikes) so that awareness spreads.

Last edited by pratap.pratu : 12th March 2015 at 21:19.
Old 12th March 2015, 21:30   #190
BHPian

[quote=pratap.pratu;3662331]
Quote:
To answer your question, we had three cases of puncture on our last ride to Pondicherry. All these were fixed by the riders, using a tubeless tire puncture repair kit. Tire is then inflated partially using a portable compressor, which runs on the bike battery and then the tire is fully filled at the nearest bunk. There's no need to go to the puncture shop and certainly no need for tire removal.

Hi bro, this is a very useful and important info that every superbike owners and potential owners must be aware. I think it would be a blessing if anyone cares to post a video on Youtube (video on how to tackle flats on sports bikes) so that awareness spreads.
It is a well known thing. Even the newer Indian ones like the 150cc Yamahas etc all have the same method. You can find enough videos/information everywhere.
Old 12th March 2015, 21:47   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Did a small trip to Mysore with couple of my friends, one of whom picked up a Z800 recently
Did you ride the Z800 too? If Yes, would like to know your feedback and thoughts on Arrowed Street Triple vs the 800.

I mean just what you felt, should be helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Rachit
Old 13th March 2015, 07:16   #192
BHPian

@Rachit, didn't ride that particular one, since he was still in run-in, though I have ridden Z800s before. Let me list my experience as below:

Pros: The bike has amazing presence, love that I4 motor thrum. I rode it on the highway and the bike builds up speed very well, and very smoothly.

Con: For me, so matters of concern were taller seat height, so doesn't give you the confidence while riding at slower speeds. Larger turning radius and the weight of the bike are very felt, even on the highway. Bike doesn't feel very happy to change direction very quickly. Also, the handle bar is laid out wide, made me feel like I'm steering a wide vehicle.

Another point, which is ambiguous to be listed as a Pro or a Con: Post Arrow install, the Street has a slight maniac character. It just wants to break free and demands to be cut loose. The pops, crackles from the exhaust while down shifting, and that roar while accelerating just enhance that character. The Z on the other hand feels very calm, composed, just goes about it's business in a smooth, controlled manner
hifisharu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:26   #193
BHPian

Had a small photo shoot with some friends, results are below. Some of the photos did come out a bit over processed, but all in the process of learning

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00151_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00145_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00106_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00128_9_7_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00085_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00081_79_80_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00051_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-image00014_5_3_tonemapped.jpg
Old 29th April 2015, 08:37   #194
BHPian

As I approach 17000 kms, I can report that the bike is going strong, except for some minor idling issue. Have been thoroughly enjoying the weekend rides with my mates and to make it more memorable, I bought an action cam, to treasure all those memories

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20150403_113253820_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-tl000163.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-tl000157.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-tl000144.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-tl000143.jpg

Old 29th April 2015, 09:23   #195
BHPian

Big thanks for keeping this thread updated. 17k in under a year is some serious mile munching, looks like you are having a blast with the striple. Keep on posting...

One question, did you replace your tires with OEM pirelli tires or some other brand?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks