Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 15:51   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Finally managed to get the risers installed.
Me too got it done over weekend, and man it (20 mm) makes quite a difference. Takes away a lot of load and pain from the palms in city puttering. At speeds i never felt this as an issue since body weight is more controlled by lower torso and g force but slow speeds it does work. For ol bums like me definitely recommended.

A big thank you Sharath! and Sean of bigbadbikes was very helpful and prompt. Couple of other friends are also ordering stuff through him.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 15:55   #122
BHPian

Great, glad to know that it helps. I too find it very comfortable over long distances and even city riding is a breeze. Very generous of you to thank me, though I've done nothing. Happy riding
Old 11th November 2014, 09:40   #123
BHPian

Epic Goa Trip

This ride had been in the planning for a really really long time, and finally the people, time and resources all fell into place. The plan was simple, ride to Goa, relax and chill in Goa and head back. 3 bikes and a car were part of the entourage. One of our friends just landed in Bengaluru from USA at 2 AM on the 6th and we whisked her off to Goa at around 4 AM!! It all seemed too filmy

We took the Bengaluru-Hubballi NH4 and were able to cover good distance in decent time. We were in Davangere by breakfast time and had a hearty helping of the famous Davangere Benne Dosa (Butter Dosa)

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141106_081448066_hdr.jpg

Continued on the superb NH4 till Haveri and as per Team-bhp's advice, had planned to head till Hubballi and then go via Karwar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3567341

Then we made the mistake of asking the locals for a shorter route and they convinced us the Mungod road was fixed and we would save 100 kms in the process. But boy! were they wrong. The road up to Mungod was non-existent, full of mud roads, roads under construction and what not. Luckily, all the vehicles made it through without at a mishap and then we were treated to good roads, through some forest region, which in a way mitigated the trouble of coming this way.

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141106_124516386_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb061434render1.jpg

Reached Yellapur and onto the main Hubballi-Karwar highway. Road was good throughout, with only some truck traffic on the way.
Stopped at the Ankola Kamat for a quick lunch and headed to Goa. Superb winding roads all along the way, just what all us bikers had been waiting for, after the long straight highways.

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141106_162508465_hdr.jpg

Enter Goa, beautiful roads, scenery and reached the beach, just in time for the sun set. Dumped all the luggage in the rooms and headed out for a dip in the beach. Great way to end the day, lazing by the sea. Trip reading: 630 kms, bike gave an average of 20 kmpl

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141107_083920919_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-20141106_163921.jpg

Spent the next two days lazing by the beach, walks on the beach and some games.. on the beach

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb071473render1.jpg

On day two, we took some time to explore the nearby areas and chanced upon this fort ( Cabo De Rama) and church. Lovely mountain roads and amazing scenery and the best company of friends.

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141107_120752277_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141107_121400366_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img_20141107_121406125_hdr.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb081505render1.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb081522render1.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb081527render1.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-pb081566render1.jpg

Day four was just heading back to Bengaluru. Headed out only by 9:30, as no one wanted to leave the place, tanked up on cheap fuel ( Rs.55 a litre) and hit the highway. Stopped at Kamat Ankola for a late breakfast and then headed to Hubballi for lunch. This time, we stuck to the Hubballi-Karwar highway and were very pleased to find excellent roads, all through the route.
Post lunch, hit the NH4 and were home by around 8. Though the highway is good for most of the part, in certain areas near Ranebennur, the road has developed severe undulations due to all the heavy vehicle traffic, which causes the bikes to unsettle and makes for a very bumpy ride.

Final trip reading: 1350, average 21kmpl.

One the best and most memorable trips ever, all thanks to the people involved and of course, the destination
hifisharu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:00   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: Epic Goa Trip

Quote:
One the best and most memorable trips ever, all thanks to the people involved and of course, the destination
Wow, that sure is a nice break you treated yourself to, Sharath. How did the Ninja rider find the ride? (Considering the bike is still running in).

Nice to see the triple clocking miles often.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:03   #125
BHPian

Hey Adi, fortunately the Ninja rider managed to clock up enough miles and was out of run in by the time we headed back. So the ride was great
Old 11th November 2014, 12:19   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice trip and lovely pictures. Iam also kind of getting bored with these breakfast speed-runs and crave for these long rides

Just curious to know why did you carry the luggage on bike when you had a car along? Was it fully packed?

Couldnt make out which bike is the third bike ( Street, Ninja and ??)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 13:13   #127
BHPian

Seriously, the breakfast rides become boring very fast and long rides have a charm of their own. The car was fully loaded, with 5 people and luggage. So we decided to accommodate some of it on the bike. Each of us had tank bags, and one bike had the saddle bags.

The third bike is a Suzuki Inazuma

Last edited by hifisharu : 11th November 2014 at 13:14.
hifisharu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 14:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

I think the happiest compromise is an overnighter. A very important part of a ride, in order to feel that you have ridden, is mounting the luggage, taking it off, putting it back on, checking into a room, getting off the sweaty gear, have a nice bath, wear clean dry clothes and slip into your Hawai chappals, and let the evening begin. Its like for that one night you're back in your college hostel (sincere unspoken but deeply felt commiserations to those who ride with their better halves .....). That can never be got on these Sunday morning shorties.

Last edited by ebonho : 11th November 2014 at 14:46.
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 15:08   #129
BHPian

ebonho: That's exactly what we did and did the same thing for two more nights (coming back to the beach for a dip and relax by the beach at night).

Also, I think when you get to unwind with that college mate of yours( who also happens to be my better half ), the experience is even better
Old 11th November 2014, 18:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

Re: Epic Goa Trip

Quote:
The plan was simple, ride to Goa, relax and chill in Goa and head back....
Awesome ride there Sharath! Nice pics as well. How did the Striple & Inazuma handle the bad roads before Mundgod?? Inazuma with its famed plush suspension should have been good but it would be good to hear it first hand. Same for Striple (compared to a Zuma) which is tuned stiffer focused on handling would be good to know!
Old 11th November 2014, 18:34   #131
BHPian

I had no problems with the Striple, with the suspension soaking in all the bumps and undulations pretty well. Infact, I felt I was in a better position than my friend on the Ninja 300. It's the riding posture which makes all the difference. The Inazuma was not with us during the onward journey, so can't comment on that, but going by how the vehicle rides, I'm sure it would have taken that stretch in it's stride
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 18:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I think when you get to unwind with that college mate of yours( who also happens to be my better half ), the experience is even better
That's nice. My better half is also my college mate. But she jumped off my bikes and dived into a car the first opportunity she got!

Last edited by ebonho : 11th November 2014 at 18:41. Reason: added "dived" - nothing captures the enthusiasm as well!
Old 12th November 2014, 20:26   #133
BHPian

Small video riding around Goa

hifisharu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 09:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had no problems with the Striple, with the suspension soaking in all the bumps and undulations pretty well. Infact, I felt I was in a better position than my friend on the Ninja 300. It's the riding posture which makes all the difference. The Inazuma was not with us during the onward journey, so can't comment on that, but going by how the vehicle rides, I'm sure it would have taken that stretch in it's stride
Can you comment on the ground clearance part? It looked bad compared to Bonnie. I am not sure if it was the oil slump or silencer that looked dangerously low.
Old 13th November 2014, 09:55   #135
BHPian

@jkdas: The lowest portion is indeed the engine oil sump and the radiator coolant reservoir right behind it. On the above mentioned stretch, the road was uneven and had undulations, but nothing like speed breakers, so had no issues clearing them. Also, I was riding solo on that part, so didn't have any issues with clearances. Only twice I've touched speed breakers, and both times it was with pillion. The issue is not the static ground clearance; the issue is when the suspension travels, it will tend to crash on the speedbreaker. The trick is to approach the speed breaker with near zero speed and then move over it, without making the suspension travel substantially.
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed