Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 15:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the Stripple, excellent bike and equally good name. I thought more than the engine sump it might be that black box that would touch a speed hump, what is it by the way? Is the GC comparable to lets say a Pulsar? Also, can the headlight throw be adjusted? Because the high beam I felt was pretty short for a bike that can do some serious speeds.
That black box is the engine sump, made out of thick metal, casting. No damage to worry about, but best to avoid any scraping. Ground clearance definitely lesser than a Pulsar. It's not so much the GC, as much as the way you tackle the humps. More the suspension travels, more the chance of hitting the hump. Take it slow and the clearance is not an issue.

Headlights can definitely be adjusted, seem pretty good at the moment. and about the speeds at night, lesser the better
Old 31st May 2014, 16:15   #32
DipantS

Congratulations hifisharu!!!! It's a wonderful machine and I am sure you might having great time riding it.Do keep thread updated with your riding experience(s).
  (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 01:09   #33
BHPian

Lovely bike you have got there hifisharu, and lovely pics too..!! love your R15's shot. Congrats on the latest acquisition and drive safe. May your bike garage grow even more.
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Sharath! Wish you many, many years of happy riding!! Bike looks kickass! Must be a smile behind that helmet every time you take it for a ride.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:46   #35
BHPian

Congratulations hifisharu! that's a sweet ride. Wish you many happy miles of riding...
Arun Venugopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations again, Sharath. Wishing you many happy and safe miles on this one.

The Street Triple does have a lot more comfort in the seat (more room to move about) compared to the FZ-1. I rode the FZ-1 briefly and found the seat a bit cramped.

This one feels a lot more nimble and of course, power delivery is manic and urgent.

Great choice.

Looking forward to riding with you soon. Been extremely busy on both work and home front, but will catch up soon.

Ride safe.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:28   #37
BHPian

Many many congratulations. An outstanding bike and wish you many memorable rides on her !
plimsollmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 11:06   #38
BHPian

Completed the first service, around 800kms. Service involved oil and oil filter change, general checkup and chain cleaning and lubing. Cost of the service was around INR 6k

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-1.jpg

For the first time, filled up on Shell Super, just to check if there's any change in the performance. No perceivable change till now, maybe the engine's running a bit cooler, that's all

Went out for a fantastic ride, with the B.R.A.T.S group and with a few close friends. Got some opportunities to open up the bike, on the Hyderabad highway, and the experience was fabulous. The intake roar past 6000rpm is amazing and very very addictive

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-2.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-img20140601wa0004.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-10417262_848441765184037_1509454222_n.jpg

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-10439669_848441791850701_277312698_n.jpg

Completed the magic figure, and every kilometer has been absolute fun
(except the few kms spent in Bangalore traffic)

Triumph Street Triple: Ownership Review-3.jpg
hifisharu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 11:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
For the first time, filled up on Shell Super, just to check if there's any change in the performance. No perceivable change till now, maybe the engine's running a bit cooler, that's all
Shell Super is just normal fuel with detergent additives. It wont give any added advantage to performance other than cleaning up some carbon deposits may be! I fill one full tank of it once in 2 months or so.
man_of_steel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 15:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Awesomeness.

I have to buy a Triumph. Will poke the wife about it once I am done with my car loan.
Old 5th June 2014, 15:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

I am not a bike person in the slightest, I've always been a car guy without going into reasons why that is so. That said, the Street Triple would be the bike I'd go for if I were to be in the market for one. It's gorgeous, quick, sounds lovely and is so distinctive. Congrats on a wonderful purchase.

I remember shortly after a friend of mine picked up a Ducati 796 we were standing about with the bike just parked. A couple of kids (couldn't have been more than 12 years old) walked up and started discussing the bike, admiring how well this "Yamaha FZ" had been modified. My friend and I had a good laugh over it, but there's no chance of that happening with the Street Triple. Enjoy, and keep us posted on your experiences living with her.
Old 6th June 2014, 10:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went out for a fantastic ride, with the B.R.A.T.S group and with a few close friends. Got some opportunities to open up the bike, on the Hyderabad highway, and the experience was fabulous. The intake roar past 6000rpm is amazing and very very addictive
Hi Sharat,

I didn't realize another TBHPian was there on the ride. I remember your bike and hence, you as well.

Next time please introduce yourself as a BHPIan. I was ridding the Silver Bonney (the one next to the Green Ninja in your pictures). The Daytonas and Tripples were having a ball during the ride.

Are you going to the Chikamangalore over nighter ? I have to miss that as I am out of town

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 6th June 2014, 10:20   #43
BHPian

I'm skipping the over nighter as well, important family commitments. I definitely wanted to meet you, in fact Rk_sans and me had already discussed it even, but just got lost in the crowd. Sorry about that, will have a proper introduction next time
Old 6th June 2014, 15:53   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Service involved oil and oil filter change, general checkup and chain cleaning and lubing. Cost of the service was around INR 6k
Why so much for oil change and chain clean up? And no free check ups for Triumphs? Any perceivable difference after the first service?
Old 6th June 2014, 16:09   #45
BHPian

Most of the cost is the oil itself, around 3lts required, and labor is around 2k, but since the service intervals are quite long, I feel the cost is justified. Noticeable change is the reduction in engine noise and more smoothness
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks