Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 08:42   #1
BHPian

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson

Have a look at the Latest from Harley..An all electric bike (Alleged)

Im not sure how this will go down with the Harley purists, the appeal for them being the exhaust note.

But the design is certainly appealing.

The image has been clicked on the sets of the next avengers movie

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-electricharleydavidsonbikespied.jpg

Link to Motoroids Scoop Article : Link

Link to Engadget Article : Link

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2014 at 14:22. Reason: Typo
Rokztar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 09:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is the new HARLEY going to be a ELECTRIC!!??

Better watch that video quick, because it 'supposedly' has an expiry date marked for today!

Is this Harley reinventing itself for survival to the new generation with the old school Harley loyalists ageing out?

Comments please...

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2014 at 11:57.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:11   #3
BANNED

Re: Is the new HARLEY going to be a ELECTRIC!!??

I would be Happy to see that sort of motorcycle coming from moco, if they keep on producing whatever they already are!

Atleast it shows that MOCO can make all sort of performance bikes , just that they choose Not to! well they have proven that to quite a bit by V-ROD

Well this might Just be a movie prop , looks more authentic just because US DMV laws call for Type approval even for Movie props ( If they are to be used on public road without shutting down public traffic). Only Movie props which are to be used on closed Circuit / closed down lanes can be granted permission without Type Approval.

Also these type of stunts are pulled by lot of companies , showing concepts here and there / breaking secret project news to media etc just to get their index climbing! and mint fast!

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2014 at 14:21. Reason: Typos
dustom_99 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th June 2014, 12:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

re: LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson

I have to admit that I was never really a Harley Davidson fan till now. Except for the V-Rod!

I saw the asphaltandrubber earlier this week and was stunned with what I actually saw! But Boy-O-Boy, This thing is just plain awesome! I mean, just look at that design! That frame! And even that drive train! Harley Davidson has just made me a fanboy of theirs! A standing ovation just for the fact that they atleast gave a thought about such a concept.

Waiting anxiously for tomorrow to see if this is a concept or a prototype of the production bike! Way to go H-D!!
Old 19th June 2014, 12:55   #5
BHPian

WOW!!! Talk about keeping our options open.

While I would always go for the loud eardrum rupturing, thumping legacy machines, am sure a lot of guys would go for the new Sleek look and being Harley obviously this would be no slouch!!

Overall a smart business move from Harley. if they can be ‘environment conscious’ and develop a beast then why not? Electric option will provide the kick to the takeoff thanks to all the Torque at your disposal
Old 19th June 2014, 14:03   #6
BHPian

Re: Is the new HARLEY going to be a ELECTRIC!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Better watch that video quick, because it 'supposedly' has an expiry date marked for today!

Comments please...
I think something will be announced today. Lets see what HD has up their sleeve.

Now thinking of the future HD accessories on a electric bike, to my mind only an electric fly catcher comes to mind so bugs dont splatter on the jacket
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 16:01   #7
BHPian

More pics...

Also Detailed article with specs : Link

Some Specs:

It features a three-phase induction motor
It generates 55 kW ( About 74 hp ) of power and 52 lbs.ft of torque
It features a battery with a capacity of about 7 kWh
The top speed is limited to 92 mph
The bike will do a 0-60 mph dash in under four seconds flat
The range of the electric bike is about fifty miles of mixed city and highway usage

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle021.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle07.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle06.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle05.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle04.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-harleydavidsonlivewireelectricmotorcycle03.jpg
Rokztar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 22:54   #8
BHPian

cycle world hands on review !!!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/19...-photos-video/
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Again WOW!!!! Love the design. Cannot digest the fact that a machine like this will roll out from the HD stables.
This will be a blockbuser for HD, hope they price it corretcly
Old 14th July 2014, 09:29   #10
BHPian

Re: Tesla Model S: First Impressions

Since I have been doing some reading and watching videos on EVs, I happened to come across the H-D LiveWire video.

Some of the news articles say it might do around 84 miles. Not a lot, but then I thought its decent considering the size of the battery pack that can be fitted. That's until I saw this:

Rated at 211 km combined mileage! Torque of 143 N-m and 0-100 in 4.8 seconds!! Yes, its pricey. But then, that is expected.

A review (of Zero S) where the reviewer is thrilled and can't stop laughing and giggling:

Last edited by DDIS : 14th July 2014 at 09:58.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:15   #11
BHPian

Re: Tesla Model S: First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Some of the news articles say it might do around 84 miles.
Correction! It's 84 km ~ 53 miles
Old 30th July 2018, 20:17   #12
Team-BHP Support

Reviving an old thread, because Harley just confirmed the production of the electric motorcycle for 2019 -

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-img_20180730_200858.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-img_20180730_201553.jpg

Will spawn new models in the future.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 17:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

LiveWire, presented by Harley Davidson -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 12:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Harley-Davidson unveils LiveWire electric bike

Harley-Davidson has unveiled the LiveWire electric bike at the EICMA 2018 in Italy. The deliveries of the bike are scheduled to begin in North America and Europe in 2019.

The electric bike follows up on the American bike maker's 2014 project to offer test rides of an electric bike and get feedback on the experiences. The company claims that the feedback will be used for the further development of the electric bike.

The LiveWire gets an orange and black dual-tone colour scheme. It comes with a circular headlamp housed in a half-fairing with slim indicators mounted on the sides. It gets fully-adjustable Showa inverted shock absorbers at the front and a monoshock at the rear. The batteries and the electric motor are housed in the middle of the bike, where an engine would be located otherwise. In place of the fuel filler, the bike gets an electric plug to recharge the batteries. It is also equipped with a Bluetooth enabled touchscreen system with an inbuilt GPS.

The LiveWire rides on 17-inch wheels shod with Michelin sport tyres. It gets dual disc brakes at the front and a single disc at the rear with Brembo callipers. The bike is equipped with safety features like a traction control system and cornering ABS.

While the specifications of the batteries and motor are not yet known, Harley-Davidson claims that the belt drive to the rear wheels has been designed to provide a sound that increases in pitch as the bike's speed increases.

The LiveWire will be built at Harley-Davidson's York, PA facility in the US and is expected to be followed up by other electric bikes in the future.

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-livewireright.jpg-copy.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-livewireridingleftmobile.jpg

LiveWire: The Electric Motorcycle from Harley-Davidson-livewire-home-image.jpg-copy.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 12th November 2018 at 12:34.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 08:51   #15
Team-BHP Support

Re: Harley-Davidson unveils LiveWire electric bike

LiveWire was unveiled and confirmed for production in July 2018. It only made its first public motorshow appearance at EICMA 2018.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4436324

Looks like they're targeting to make it a fun motorcycle - but its too early to know if they've succeeded, and if the Harley customers will accept this drastic change!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed