Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 15:06   #61
BHPian

Ram sir you are right....it does mention 'for off road use only'. For the pipesThey charged total 23562 incl vat ecu map and additional 1500 labour charges (i also got the dresser bars fitted). I did not change the air intake or filter and ensured i was present when remapping the ecu. The map they used was 507(aftermarket 2x2 silencers) and they claimed that this was triumph recommended. I got this confirmed from one other dealership as well. On the triumphrat thread it was mentioned that triumph recommends map 188 with these silencers while some owners report using the 264 map used for arrows. This confused me totally and the dealer has assured me they will change the map if i am not pleased after using the bike with present settings for a while. I am hoping not to get charged again for that if that happens.
Old 26th September 2014, 10:58   #62
BHPian

A quick update on the bike after fitting these hi flow exhausts:-
Although i cannot complain at all about the performance...it rides really well but makes loud popping sounds on deceleration. Occasionally at night time vehicles behind me have told me they saw flames coming out of the pipes.
I am guessing this has something to do with the something going wrong with the fuel mapping process.
Please could other bonnie owners using arrows or slip ons share any similar experiences. I.e. is this normal?
Old 26th September 2014, 11:38   #63
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
For the pipesThey charged total 23562 incl vat ecu map and additional 1500 labour charges
Are you sure on ECU - remap , as per local dealer , this is not required for slip on arrows
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 11:46   #64
BHPian

I took a 2nd opinion from rebel motors hyderabad they said remap needs to be done using map 507.
Old 26th September 2014, 12:31   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
..it rides really well but makes loud popping sounds on deceleration. Occasionally at night time vehicles behind me have told me they saw flames coming out of the pipes.
I am guessing this has something to do with the something going wrong with the fuel mapping process.Please could other bonnie owners using arrows or slip ons share any similar experiences. I.e. is this normal?
Congrats Archoff for getting the High-Flow Silencers and what you described of loud popping sounds is very much normal but, flames coming out of the pipes is not

Iam guessing the fuel is running too rich and leading to more combustion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are you sure on ECU - remap , as per local dealer , this is not required for slip on arrows
Arrows do not have a slip-on product for the Bonnie. They are full exhuast systems be it 2X1 or 2X2

What Archgoff got installed is a product made by Triumph themselves and is known as "High Flow Silencers (HFS) or Slip-ons and it requires a remap

Quote:
I took a 2nd opinion from rebel motors hyderabad they said remap needs to be done using map 507.
No idea about the remap # but, they have atleast 5 choices that you can choose from and each time your not happy they dump a new remap and make sure you DONT pay anything for it as its dealership's job to ensure they change maps till your HAPPY
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Archoff for getting the High-Flow Silencers and what you described of loud popping sounds is very much normal but, flames coming out of the pipes is not

No idea about the remap # but, they have atleast 5 choices that you can choose from and each time your not happy they dump a new remap and make sure you DONT pay anything for it as its dealership's job to ensure they change maps till your HAPPY
Looks like i will have to take the bike back to the dealer and get it looked at. A couple of guys i know that have fitted these slip ons reported no such issues of flames or strong petrol smell.
One suggestion given to me by rebel motors was to ask the pune service guys to reload the same map. Whether this will work or not - i must say that the rebel guys seem to be very helpful and keen in attending customer queries. They even rang me back to advise the remap options.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:38   #67
BHPian

UPDATE ON THE HIGH FLOW SILENCERS AFTER LONG TERM USE:
After doing two trips a. to and from pune-Kaas plateau-Pune, & b. Pune-Goa-Pune here is an update on the performance of the HFS:-
1. Performance - Excellent! Lovely sound on revving up, picks up slightly better than when in stock pipes. Definitely no drop in performance as i had feared initially and the top end is unaffected. If there was any speed drop due to the resistance of the twin saddlebags then it was not very noticeable, only way to compare would be to remove them and ride.
2. Fuel Effiency:- Now this is the confusing bit. I had Zeroed the ODO at the Kaveri restaurant at Nipani on the way back from Goa and at 240km on the ODO decided to top up fuel as i started getting a fuel warning light. At this point i assumed i got a 20kmpl effiency. However when topping up the tank became full at around 600 Rs of fuel which comes to round about 8.1 litres giving a FE of 29.6kmpl. This sounds too good to be true and allowing for errors if i assume/consider i filled fuel worth 700rs then that means i filled about 9.45 litres of fuel. That gives a more believable 25kmpl fuel effiency.
3. I do feel that there is a slight drop in the sound of these exhausts than when i fitted them. However others riding with me claimed it had not changed and that i was getting used to the sound and expecting more. i am wondering if the sound and performance will further enhance if i fit the TB-9004 K&N filter designed for the fuel injected Bonnie. Triumph shop in Pune say that Triumph has its own washable high flow air filter. Personally i have not seen it anywhere.
4. Overall on the 332 odd KMs and 900km round trip to Goa and back the bike has performed very well to the point of hurting the ego of a Toyota corolla and an Octavia
Old 15th October 2014, 10:58   #68
BHPian

Quick check, has the Triumph showroom in Pune shut shop? I saw it closed a week back, and now Triumph's website does not list the Pune showroom.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_v_i View Post
Quick check, has the Triumph showroom in Pune shut shop? I saw it closed a week back, and now Triumph's website does not list the Pune showroom.
The showroom is still very much there. Yes its true that the website does not list the pune showroom......i find that quite strange.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 11:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
The showroom is still very much there. Yes its true that the website does not list the pune showroom......i find that quite strange.
Thanks! Just found it, listed as Mukesh Triumph and showing at a distance of 1574.76km from Pune
Old 17th January 2015, 17:51   #71
BHPian

Well its been a long long time since i rode my Bonnie since i am still away at work. However i got a very pleasant surprise today to find that the Bonnie has been well kept, in good hands and ridden by my better half, on her own! Looks like my Bonnie has found a potential new owner within the house.
The bike was taken for a ride today to Lonavala and all i have got is pleasant abuses like: Why did you make me ride the classic 500 all the way to Konkan and back???? while you rode the Bonnie??? My answer has been obviously: to build up your endurance power!!!
As per her report the bike has been starting without fail even in the cold Pune mornings. Ofcourse she does find the weight a tad too much to handle at times, but i think it is a case of getting used to it.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20141201_075108.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-bonnie.jpg  

argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 18:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in good hands and ridden by my better half, on her own! Looks like my Bonnie has found a potential new owner within the house.
Get you cheque book out when you come back for a new Triumph

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 14:30   #73
BHPian

Hi!
Been eagerly reading your thread on the Bonneville. As a prospective potential buyer, I am at present doing the research. But unlike you, I am not looking at any other bike to compare since I am already focused on the Bonneville. This is mostly because I am looking at this as an investment. I want something that I WILL KEEP for the next 20 years! I am following in my uncle's footsteps; he still has his 1979 Bullet 350 in pristine condition.
I will be going for my first test ride sometime this week here in Delhi.
Will keep you informed and also trouble you with some questions if I have. Hope that's alright!
Happy riding!
Old 12th February 2015, 18:04   #74
BHPian

No problem sasi405. Anything i know i will be most happy to advise.
Old 20th February 2015, 21:03   #75
BHPian

1400km in a week! Knowing i have a little under 2 weeks before work stops my bike rides for a while i decided to make the most of my time. So went for some exciting rides:-
1. Day trip to Pratapgad fort near Mahabaleshwar with my brother, a new Bonnie owner. 2. A weekend trip to Amby valley
3. A 770km round trip from Pune to Buldhana, Maharashtra including the Botha tiger reserve.

The first trip to Mahabaleshwar has a few long straight stretches, and gave me the opportunity to put the bike to some capability tests, reassuring me what the bike is capable of doing in terms of speed AND braking qualities. Sadly could not take the risk of entering the mighty Pratapgad fort premises due to the presence of stone drunk morons eyeing our bikes. After a stop at some strawberry fields headed back home. Amby valley ride was the familiar one but really enjoyable with its winding roads.
The trip to Buldhana and Botha forest was the challenging one as the road was virtually non existent from Aurangabad onwards. This ride was a reminder for me of the fact that there is an abundance of idiots on our roads who seem to have a perpetual duty of trying to spoil a good ride by their unsafe riding practices and attitude. Apart from a couple of scary incidents the ride was fabulous and tiring on the dangerously potholed roads between Aurangabad and Buldhana. However my mrs. who was riding pillion assured me that the ride was bearable.
I am actually addicted to the saddle bags, they are such a convenience, one can carry a couple of days clothing etc for an overnight ride. The bike rode extremely well on bad terrain and gravel. Incidentally a couple of days later i happened to take a short test ride of the Moto Guzzi Griso SE 1200 but i must say the ride quality of the Bonnie far exceeds the Griso in terms of power delivery and smoothness and feels peppier than that 1200cc 110 bhp bike. Sharing a few photos of the rides.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_100757.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_100914.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_100937.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_101106.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_110541.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_112341.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_130630.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_130645.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150212_131128.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150214_095505.jpg  

My 2014 Triumph Bonneville-20150214_095737.jpg