Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2006, 00:49   #1

which is SUPERSPORT

hi every one ,
here i filtered some best 1000cc supersport,they are YAMAHA YZF R1 , HONDA CBR 1000RR , Kawasaki ZX-10R ,Suzuki GSX-R1000 of this four gsx got greater accelaratoin i.e(0-60 in 2.9sec) but it is not so good looking than others.so which is the best bike to buy for indian roads of this four.
Old 21st July 2006, 03:04   #2
BHPian

Right idea, wrong bikes.

Supersports == 600cc.

Honda CBR600RR. Perfect for India.
Old 21st July 2006, 05:06   #3
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
Right idea, wrong bikes.

Supersports == 600cc.

On Indian roads, its best to stick to the 600cc category and we all know, the Honda CBR600RR is the best one out there.
Old 21st July 2006, 18:52   #4
BHPian

what abt the R6 guys amazing bike!!
Old 21st July 2006, 19:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
Right idea, wrong bikes.

Supersports == 600cc.

maybe you are rigt, but i always thought that, 600cc = sport, 750cc = supersport and 900 & 1000 cc hyper sport.
can someone check on this?

manson.
Old 21st July 2006, 19:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

600cc = Super Sports
1000cc = SBKs
1000cc & above(plus some more criterias) = hyper sports

I think very few 750s are there I cant think of any other than the Suzuki GSX R750 which I dont is in production anymore(correct me if I am wrong). Othewise donno what the 750 range is called but yes 600cc is super sports for sure.
Old 21st July 2006, 23:35   #7

ranjan & power you are absolutely correct ,but CBR is a common name .i want to be different .so i am thinking of yamaha what do you say.
Old 22nd July 2006, 06:06   #8
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravi
ranjan & power you are absolutely correct ,but CBR is a common name .i want to be different .so i am thinking of yamaha what do you say.
Problem is, most of the bike names have become quite common as well, including the R6 [not yet, but very soon]. Depends on what you want on your bike. I pulled out my old copy of Superbike magazine and heres a summary.

If you want power and handling: Honda CBR600RR and Yamaha R6
If you want great looks [but sacrifice on performance]: Suzuki GSX-R 600
If you are in the budget category, but still want a 600cc: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6RR

Personally, I would recommend you staying away for the Ninja, despite its nimble handling. Its built quality has come into question in the UK, US and here in Canada, too many times. Not good news for Indian roads.
As for Suzuki, looks great, really butch. But looses out on performance and handling.
Between the Honda and the Yamaha, they are almost equally matched: The CBR 600 is for those who take their bikes onto the circuit during weekend to grind it out, whereas Yamaha bikes are more for going fast out in cities and towns. the Yamaha definetely has better rider comfort.
Either the CBR or the R6, u wont loose out.

P.S.: If you want your bike to be really different and money is not much of a problem: Triumph Daytona 650. The best of everything.
Old 22nd July 2006, 09:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
Personally, I would recommend you staying away for the Ninja, despite its nimble handling. Its built quality has come into question in the UK, US and here in Canada, too many times. Not good news for Indian roads.

Between the Honda and the Yamaha, they are almost equally matched: The CBR 600 is for those who take their bikes onto the circuit during weekend to grind it out, whereas Yamaha bikes are more for going fast out in cities and towns.
Totally agree with you Ranjan...only thing is IMHO the R6 tends to gravitate towards the track more than the CBR...even MCN ahd stated so...not arguing just a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
Either the CBR or the R6, u wont loose out.
Exactly...or you could even go in for a CBR1000RR if you want a 1000cc bike...ok it has got the name CBR, but it looks absolutely gorgeous, and full of muscle...though performance ain't upto the R1 or Gixxer.

Whatever you do buddy, stay away from the Kwacker on Indian roads for the sake of your bike.
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Damn guys, you can close your eyes and pick any current supersport/bike from any manufacturer today and have a machine that will be way too fast for Indian roads, totally reliable and handle beautifully! Individual choices and brand loyalties basically determine who buys what these days.

That said, I personally feel the current Suzuki lineup of the GSXR600, 750 (yes Techno, the gixxer 750 is very much in production - the last 750 left standing) , and 1000 are the best bikes you can buy today. More torque than the CBR, better street riding position than the kwacker or R6, and IMO, an amazing looking set of bikes.

Ofcourse, the Gixxer 1000 is currently the king of the hill - Weight of a 600 with 160hp to play with....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks