Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 15:09   #1
BHPian

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE

And what better day than the X'mas eve to finally share the ownership experience with the world.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Have a great Holiday Season and a Wonderful 2015.

Sorry for the long, long post.

The Donut

Describes what I've felt in my core for the last 3 years, ever since my beloved Duc found it's way to an other home. Kinda pleasant existence for the most part but, always that nagging suspicion of a missed core. But as all things inevitable, such suspicions have a way of slowly transforming into an almost real living entity and that, sure enough was happening within me for a while now. This sadness/uneasiness, I am sure, is felt by lot of people who are kept away from their core passion(s) due to a number of reasons, quite legitimate or, just simple helplessness/life situations etc.. But no matter, when it happens to you, that persistent gnawing inside you feel simply cannot be easily ignored.

Strangely, these past years, the thought of replacing the Duc was really never given any serious thought, almost certainly to the much relief of my better half. Except, I had kept every single piece of my riding gear, probably an unconscious hope.

God has been kind and good to both of us all these years, must have done some thing good, may be he will do his thing again. Although, not so subtle hints were occasionally dropped in the presence of my gentler half. I think she just tolerated it, surely hoping nothing would come of it. However, my recent 6 year spell of motorcycling with her being well aware of my serious attention to safe riding aspects, I was hoping that she could be convinced to tolerate another spell by myself on that most enticing of the Devils' temptation.

Plug that hole

But what would be that perfect steed to fit for my personality, Vegas, my current location, type of roads etc.? Sport bikes are meaningless in Vegas, with no more than may be just a couple of hours worth of twisties around. Sport Tourers were also out, we won't be going anywhere touring on two wheels, so why have a pretend Sport Bike. Traditional cruisers looked kinda boring with a lot of puttering about and long distance straight line speed, and pretty mundane on curves, dull. Then there are the Choppers, nah, always felt out of sync with my personality. There are also the Factory Customs like the Yamaha Star Raider, Stryker etc. modern, but kinda cruiser/chopper mix. Very interesting and definitely given serious consideration. And so were the Street Nakeds especially, the Ducati Diavel - wow, what a bike. But ultimately not convincing enough for me.

One thing not worth compromising for me, whether cars, motorbikes or other things of interest - aesthetics. No quarter will be given there. Like all passions of our life - these are interests of the 'heart' with very limited input from the 'head'. I believe that when passions are allowed to be decided by the 'head', you invariably end up at that constantly paraded phrase 'but it's reliable'. Well, I guess, I rather have spells of searing memories, rather than a lifetime of ' guaranteed reliable boredom'. But more importantly, I have always felt that both aesthetics and reliability are within reasonable reach, especially in the US, more easily than most people believe. Whatever it is, it had to make me turn and look a last time and 'make me' open my garage spontaneously to stare at it. And it must have real get up and go - power, handling, speed, brakes and everything associated with it and most importantly, be absolutely 21st century modern.

Here is a Fiver

As proven time and time again, when the Man does his thing, he does not skimp. That's right, he did not flip me a penny or a nickel, a quarter or a dollar or even a 2 dollar coin, to plug the hole. Oh no, he went 'Whopper' on me and flipped me the almighty 5 dollar coin and said "Son, why don't you look at this. It's right up your ally" Of course, he got it spot on and re-acquainted me with something I always felt was a real screamer, something special and a real head turner. And not too bad on curvy roads either. Oh yeah, it plugs that donut for good, too. Hehe.

2012 10th Anniversary Edition HD-VRSCDX 10th AE - The V-ROD

Specs:

Type: Power Cruiser

Engine: 1250 CC liquid cooled V-Twin (from the HD racing division and developed in conjunction with Porsche), 125 bhp, ~90 lb.ft Torque (up to 50 lb.ft available by 3000 RPM, 9000 rpm redline (yup, not your typical Harley)

Brakes: Brembos (Harley specific) all around, with ABS

Lean Angle: 32 degrees (no Duc, but decent)

Curb Weight: a whopping ~640 lbs (now ~610 lbs).

The search was now on for the right one. Decided to let go the more popular blacked out Night Rod Special (NRS). Started with a strong desire for the NRS but, slowly realized that the 10th AE is more special, a more limited edition and the one to really get. Boy, am I glad I made that choice. Now, my pulse races every time I look at it. I tell ya, aesthetics, ain't no substitute for it. Let no one convince you otherwise.

Finally hit the jackpot on of all places, ebay.

Price tag, $12,000. 1400 miles on the odo.

Quite fair, I think. Didn't really bargain, just simply did not want to take a chance of letting it slip thru. Well, this was why - a stunner, if there ever was one.

Courtesy - Pictures are from dealer files
The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_3.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_1.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_2.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_5.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_8.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_18.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_20.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_22.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_14.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_13.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_11.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_12.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_17.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_6.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_10.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_23.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_9.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_4.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-image_7.jpg

Came with Factory installed ABS and Security package, was an absolute requirement of mine, but apparently lot of guys who bought this model decided to not opt for this $1200 option! It's standard for 2013 models onward. This one is absolutely identical to the new models but apparently, this color combo will not be available. Also, has some after market goodies already installed such as, pillion backrest, HD chrome rear luggage rack.

There is a Jewel like quality to it. A thoroughly modern bike with few competitors and will run with and in fact, intimidate any make/model in the world, for its designated purpose.

A long excruciating wait of 5 weeks and the bike was finally here. And then I rode a V-Rod for the 'first' time. Funny thing when the heart tells you "this is the one for ya", test ride/drives just confirms what you already expected. Heeeehaawwww. This yankee ain't kiddin'.

But before I took it on my first ride I made a few changes;

1. Changed the exhaust slip-ons to Super Trapp. This one uses multiple discs that can be added or reduced to change the tuning of the bike. However, if you add more than 10 discs, a change in the air filter and a remap is required, with real increase in HP and Torque achievable, but moved to the higher range of RPM. I kept it 9, I like usable Torque for real world applications. Very happy with my choice. In addition, it dropped 15 lbs in weight. Had seriously considered an Akropovic 2 to 1 Full System, which drops a full 30 lbs of weight. But I didn't like the looks and definitely wanted to keep the 'double barrel' look.

2. Added a Fly Screen to the front. Takes a lot of pressure from my chest above 70 mph. Big difference in fatigue factor on long distance rides. Besides, it looks the business.

4. Changed the factory battery (~14 lbs) to Antigravity Lithium Ion (LiO) (~2 lbs). This is the more critical change since, it's located high on the bike where one expects the fuel tank to be. But it is just the cover for the air filter and the battery. Too much engine under there. The 5-gal fuel tank is located under the seat. The massive change in weight due to the battery change lowers the 'centre of gravity' significantly and completely changed the handling characteristics.

A few shots prior to my first ride (and yeah, its a 240 rear tire).
The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0001-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0002-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0003-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0004-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0005-1013x1800.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0006-1800x1013.jpg

Decided to take the beast out for my first ride on the few twisties of nearby Mount Charleston to get a feel for the bike. Putting on all my gear, popping those ear plugs, and finally strapping my new AGV lid on tight, my grin is now full on. Ah, all is well with the world.

Easing the bike out of our development and riding at below 40 mph through the neighborhood roads and the traffic lights assures me that the bike's weight can be comfortably managed, really a non-issue, at such low speeds.

The merge to the Freeway is smooth but powerful and brash, intimidating and unwise, the massive rear tire is surely nowhere near its ideal temperature. I ease my right hand and allow myself sinfully to bask in both the admiration of the fellow but, unfortunate to be boxed in 4-wheel cage drivers and the 'questioning' glances of the fairer kind.

The freeway speeds quickly warms up the tire. My decision to disregard the factory recommendation and go with the higher 38 psi and 42 psi for the front and rear respectively, is spot on for my ride preference. The feet forward seating position of the mid-controls is starting to feel comfortable and natural. The 'I'm going to calmly but powerfully bulldoze this 2-lane twisty highway but with utter sophistication' is exhilarating and matter-of-fact of the V-Rod ride, is as enjoyable as 'I'm going to put my Starship Enterprise thru precisely 0.585 degree Azimuth of this wormhole' sophistication of the Duc. What a wonderful place of surprise this world is. We only have to take a chance to live it.

Soon I'm at the mountain and some savory twisties.
The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0007-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0008-1013x1800.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0009-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0010-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0011-1013x1800.jpg

contd...

Last edited by VLOCT : 25th December 2014 at 16:44.
VLOCT is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 17:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Harley V-ROD 10th AE

More pictures..
The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0012-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0013-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0014-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0015-1013x1800.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0017-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0021-1013x1800.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0024-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0022-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0024-1800x1013.jpg

The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE-dsc_0026-1013x1800.jpg

The Rod's balance is a happy revelation in the twisties with its surprising agility and ease. Keeping the rpm above 3500 is key, and trust the bike to whip you thru the curve. The line of attack is slightly different from that of a Sportbike. With a 32 degree lean angle, I expected at least the occasional foot peg scraping, but not once did it happen. Being my first ride, I thought, may be I was not aggressive enough.

THOR'S HAMMER

So, the following Sunday, I took it for a well deserved thrashing on the North Shore Rd, which is a 55 mile road one way from Vegas to Overton skirting the North shore of Lake Mead, tbe lake created by Hoover Dam. A great 55 mph speed limit motorcycle road with plenty of curves ranging from 25-55 mph. This would be a ~140 mile ride, testing enough for a real work out and understanding the bike's characteristics.

The fantastic road begs you to give it a chance with some heavy throttle play. Obliging, albeit giving respect to the bikes weight, throttle play it will be. The bike powers ahead and is like a wild cat prowling in search for a prey. Power with sophistication, that's the overwhelming message conveyed constantly. The Rod has found her sweet spot, her heft now completely irrelevant. She's purring and blasting her way through, searching insatiably for something. The surge and mechanical purring are addicting. My pulse is desperate to match the whole thing. 25 mph curve, hmm, let me see, sorry I just flattened ya. 35 mph curve, sorry, flattened ya. 55 mph curve, hmm - you get the picture. Curves are just flattened, no finessed scalping here. You want that, get the Duc. Stealing 120 mph in deserted sections is a peach. This is no dance but, a duel of supremacy with the black top. The fluidity and the assertiveness of it all demands being impressed and holds you there, as long as this saga is on. Except for gas and may be some stunning views, a measly 155 mile range if driven reasonably hard, the idea of a break is just laughable. Too soon the 55 miles to Overton and the end of the forward leg is done. Time to savor the first leg and recap the ride.

The bike has absolutely confirmed what my heart had suggested all along and is just a perfect fit for Vegas rides. Oh, I never scraped the foot pegs in this ride, either. Can't wait for the full day ride of ~250 miles I'm planning to Death Valley.

I have attached here, a condensed video of the 110 mile section of North Shore Rd return ride. Most of the video is at speeds of 70-85 mph range but, the expansive Nevada horizon can be deceptive in slowing everything down. The wind noise masked the exhaust note and so I mixed some music to keep things interesting.

This bike is not something you trifle with and definitely not a beginners bike. The engine has proved to be bullet proof with reports of riders clocking 200,000 miles on it, with little to almost no issues.

I'll try to provide reasonably constant updates here. I hope to have more pics/videos and ride reviews of interesting trips in the future.

Thanks and hope you enjoyed the review.

Last edited by VLOCT : 25th December 2014 at 17:39.
VLOCT is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 13:09   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 15:58   #4
BHPian

re: The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE

Congrats ! That is definitely a beauty . Looks better in solid Aluminum and Silver than the Night-Rod. Does the low-rise handle bar and the seating position leave you all hunched over after a long trip?
karavadi143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 13:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley V-ROD 10th AE

Great buy!

First thing that I noticed was it color since I haven't seen much of this even in pix.

Also, the exhaust looks very unconventional with its end 'blocked' and the way it works. Interesting ( I am also adding a picture for others to understand).
Attached Images

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 22:22   #6
BHPian

Re: The Cure is Here: My Harley Davidson V-Rod - 10th AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by karavadi143 View Post
Congrats ! That is definitely a beauty . Looks better in solid Aluminum and Silver than the Night-Rod. Does the low-rise handle bar and the seating position leave you all hunched over after a long trip?
Thanks Karavadi.

The handle bar is not really that low with relation to the seating position. The whole bike and the seating position itself are quite low. Although, the earlier V-Rods had a stretched position for the rider, since 2012 the handle bar and the foot pegs have been changed to mid-controls providing a comfortable riding position for most people. So riding long distances are quire fine. The bigger issue is wind pressure from high speed runs for which, the Flyscreen really helps. Without it, I'm sure fatigue will probably set in sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Great buy!

First thing that I noticed was it color since I haven't seen much of this even in pix.

Also, the exhaust looks very unconventional with its end 'blocked' and the way it works. Interesting ( I am also adding a picture for others to understand).
Thanks JK. It's an awesome ride, one that never fails to put a smile on your face. With just the simple mods I made, the handling was really transformed to a surprisingly good handler of the twisties. Without open roads to let loose that monster engine, it'll be a wasted buy though.

The color combo was only made available for the 2012 10 AE models. Apparently, the 1st V-Rod models sold back in 2002 were made in this color combo and the 10th AE edition was paying homage to the original.
Old 29th December 2014, 23:24   #7
BHPian

Congratulations! That is one heck of a bike, simply Yum-azing color combination. She looks gorgeous in a aluminium finish, never have seen one till date. Have a great ride, do keep us updated. While we cannot get our hands on one yet, we sure can drool over yours, and this one is legal
prasanna.vps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 04:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and thank you so much for putting up this review. Some of the stuff you wrote about was totally new for anyone who doesnt have much idea on the biking world.

Do keep us posted on the Battery which you changed.

I was getting the same gusts of wind and a small windscreen actually changes the dynamics in total.
I had some vibrations hurting my palm and a simple softer grips on the handlebar made it softer.

I love the way there are massive amounts of chrome! It just gets the beauty of the bike out more. Any plans on going half face with the helmet like majority harley owners?

Could you give pointers on buying the bike from ebay? How was the experience and delivery?

Also while selling your previous duc how did you decide on pricing and what did you end up doing with the gear?

Happy riding and i love your garage! Its very unique and not the typical rides in it!

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 17:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

The thread title should have read - "From a scalpel to a chainsaw"

I saw this thread on the "Hot" list. Opened it and went, "O teriiii, isnt this the 911 guy? Wait, ISNT THIS THE DUCATI GUY

From a Ducatista to a HOG, what a transformation sir. Your ride may have changed but one thing still remains as is - Your writing is just plain KICKASS. Loved reading it

One thing though - seeing the pics of those beautiful winding roads makes me wonder why you think there's a lack of good twisties near to where you are. " Just A couple of hours of twisties" is what all riders, at least up in North India ride 6 odd hours of boring highways for, braving disgusting weather and traffic in the process. I guess this is what is meant by one man's junk being another man's treasure

All the best and ride safe!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 19:37   #10
BHPian

Congrats on the V-rod and looks too good especially in this shade

Have two V-rod's among my biker friends one is a black night rod edition(2011 model I believe) and the other one is a older model blue coloured with solid wheels(early 2000 model) which is a direct import.For me this is the best looking harley.Good that you have changed the exhaust, I felt the stock exhaust sound is too silent.Have heard one with Vance and Hines, it is ridiculously loud.

The engine developed in association with porsche needs a special mention too and the bike is very advanced when compared to others from HD, no wonder many say "v-rod isn't a real harley"
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 09:46   #11
BHPian

Sorry, for the late reply, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

Do keep us posted on the Battery which you changed.

Any plans on going half face with the helmet like majority harley owners?

Could you give pointers on buying the bike from ebay? How was the experience and delivery?

Also while selling your previous duc how did you decide on pricing and what did you end up doing with the gear?Maddy
Thanks Maddy. The battery is from Antigravity Lithium Ion (LiO). They are feather light but, needs a special charger for trickle charging, if you don't ride often. For me the weight savings was the crucial part.

No plans to go to a half-faced helmet, as of now.

Thankfully, the ebay purchase was pretty straightforward. The dealership I dealt with was very good to deal with and all the paper work was completed within a week of the purchase. I contacted the ebay seller directly and closed the deal immediately, without bidding on the bike. The seller promptly ended the auction. I arranged the shipper myself. The key is good and honest communication with the seller.

Deciding the selling price of the Duc was decided on by spending time online and understanding the market value. After market parts really don't add much value.

I kept all my riding gear, which is quite a bit really, when I sold the Duc. The only thing I don't see use for at this time, is my single piece Kangaroo leather suit, which I think will look a little ridiculous on the V-rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
The thread title should have read - "From a scalpel to a chainsaw"

Your writing is just plain KICKASS. Loved reading it

One thing though - seeing the pics of those beautiful winding roads makes me wonder why you think there's a lack of good twisties near to where you are. "
Thank you, Nomad. Glad you enjoyed the review.

I liked to ride for at least 4-5 hours of twisties and preferably different routes. This is simply not available in Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Congrats on the V-rod and looks too good especially in this shade

For me this is the best looking harley. Good that you have changed the exhaust, I felt the stock exhaust sound is too silent. Have heard one with Vance and Hines, it is ridiculously loud.

The engine developed in association with porsche needs a special mention too and the bike is very advanced when compared to others from HD, no wonder many say "v-rod isn't a real harley"
The V&Hs are mostly 2 to 1 exhausts. After consideration, I did not want to change the double barrel look. The Super Trapp sounds great, a whole lot better than the factory stock, which also weighs like a boat anchor.

This is absolutely a thoroughly modern bike. That's coming from someone who is not much of a Harley worshipper. I cannot see myself owning any other current Harley offering, at least in the US.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 19:49   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on this amazing bike and the pictures are stunning

Had one question - saw this bike being ridden a couple of days ago and the riding position seemed a bit awkward. Maybe the gentlemen who was riding this particular bike was a little short. How comfortable is the bike when you are riding it over long distances?
ishotmydog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 23:13   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hey VLOCT, congratulations on the V-Rod!
Looks great in the shiny trim!

I was afraid that after the 999 you decided you were getting on in years () & had decided to go in for a Dyna or shudder, a Softail, or worse ... one of the touring monstrosities.

I haven't ridden a V-Rod but have seen one in action - a H-D that actually handles. One member who is unfortunately not very active on this forum owned a V-Rod ( (Tri State USA group drive interest? EDIT: Pics Pg. 6 onwards)East Coast US Meet).

Just out of curiosity, probably not a fair comparison but how would you say it compares to a Yamaha V-Max or a Honda Valkyrie Rune?
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 02:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Congratulations on this amazing bike and the pictures are stunning

Had one question - saw this bike being ridden a couple of days ago and the riding position seemed a bit awkward. Maybe the gentlemen who was riding this particular bike was a little short. How comfortable is the bike when you are riding it over long distances?
Thanks ISMD. As I mentioned in my previous posts, prior to 2013, I believe, the VRods had forward controls that stretched you out. However, since then, except for the Vrod Muscle, they come with mid controls which brings the handle bar and the foot pegs closer to the rider and is quite comfortable really. Just have to get used the feet forward placement when compared to typical riding postion. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Hey VLOCT, congratulations on the V-Rod!
Looks great in the shiny trim!

I was afraid that after the 999 you decided you were getting on in years () & had decided to go in for a Dyna or shudder, a Softail, or worse ... one of the touring monstrosities.

I haven't ridden a V-Rod but have seen one in action - a H-D that actually handles. One member who is unfortunately not very active on this forum owned a V-Rod ( (Tri State USA group drive interest? EDIT: Pics Pg. 6 onwards)East Coast US Meet).

Just out of curiosity, probably not a fair comparison but how would you say it compares to a Yamaha V-Max or a Honda Valkyrie Rune?
Thanks AAH. Yah, I am not much of a 'typical HD' type rider. However, V-Rods are a different beasts altogether. Simply an incredible bike in every sense, not just in power, but build quality, really everything about the bike is simply world class.

I checked out the East Coast meet thread you posted. That is a V-Rod Muscle. I gave it some serious consideration, went and actually sat on one to check the ergonomics, but the aesthetics of my model was more appealing. Besides, those exhausts looks too low for any sensible riding on the twisties. The obvious 2 to 1 exhaust that lot of people go with, just is not my cuppa tea.

The Yamaha V-Max is 200 hp and from what I hear is that, while a screamer on straightaways, is a real dog on the twisties. And as typical of the Japs, both the Yamaha and the Honda looks over-engineered. The only real competition as far as I was concerned, came from the new Indian Scout. What a beauty for the price, but just not enough power for me.
VLOCT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks