Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 09:04   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville: Yet another Bonnie story from the heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
You can also get them online. Amazon has stock.
http://amzn.to/2x8o0ZL

I got a pair of Pirelli Sports Demon from Amazon for my Bonneville. Way cheaper than the stock Metzelers and it has been great in all conditions. I see no point in buying Metzelers unless you are absolutely intent in going OEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
+1

I've moved to PSDs too and have used them for nearly 5k kms; would recommend them over the Metzs whose prices seem daylight robbery compared to the Michelin and Pirellis. I've not used the Michelins but have only heard good reviews.

Cheers
Sting

I see only one reason to stick with stock ones as they have very thick side wall. This reason alone becomes the biggest reason for safety sake and protection when going on a long tour and bad roads.

Although you just cant't ignore the price factor. Half price of the front tyre can get you a pair of Pirelli
Old 16th September 2017, 11:40   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
900 bucks per wheel for removing and refitting. I also got the front forks aligned, cone set checked, air filter cleaned and throttle bodies balanced. The factory fitted tires were worn unevenly with one side of the front tire worn more. The service guys said this is a normal phenomenon with the Bonneville's given its stiff frame/chassis, but I still wanted to get them to check for any issues on the fork/cone set.
Pune triumph service manager is quoting INR 1800 PER tyre for refitting tyres

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th September 2017 at 09:53. Reason: Avoid quoting long post for a 1-line reply
Old 16th September 2017, 17:51   #168
Senior - BHPian

In May I paid the dealer Rs 1638 for rear tyre change inc taxes. I wonder how can they have different prices of labour charges across India? Rs 900 is quite reasonable but 1800 is way too much.
Old 17th September 2017, 19:23   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
In May I paid the dealer Rs 1638 for rear tyre change inc taxes. I wonder how can they have different prices of labour charges across India? Rs 900 is quite reasonable but 1800 is way too much.
They probably sent the tyre to the local mechanic and paid him 100 bucks or less. They don't have the equipment to mount tyres etc in the showroom in Mumbai at least.
Old 18th September 2017, 02:32   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
They probably sent the tyre to the local mechanic and paid him 100 bucks or less. They don't have the equipment to mount tyres etc in the showroom in Mumbai at least.
Na, they really did changed the tyre there but it's a possibility that they did it without the machine. But they admited to not having the balancing machine.

I was thinking to start equipping myself with the proper tools needed to take care of my bike. One of them is a Torque wrench to start with as it's a must have tool for Bonnie if you want to do wrenching yourself. I like the Toptul ones they have. It take cares of all the settings. 1-25 and 20-200 NM. Kawasaki dealers also uses the same ones. Trying to source it from Delhi but haven't found a dealer yet. Tyre removal kit is also on my list.

I just finished making my own fuel pressure testing gauge for Bonnveille under Rs 700 and it's more accurate then their 12k Triumph tool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks