Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 12:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul

Congratulations Ricci on your Ravensoul and that's one of a kind sharing my friend, I was listening to a nice experience rather than reading a post - Pure writing.

Could you make clear the cost of it, was it 13 lacs or how much did it actually cost you?
Old 13th September 2014, 14:06   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow that's really well put up. I am a big time aspirant for a Street Triple but somehow the finances have not fallen in place. But it was great to read your story. The Daytona is a looker, striking and awesome.

Black Daytona's are indeed rare. Out of the 5-6 Daytona's I have seen so far, only one has been red. Rest all were white. Eager to see your Daytona in one of the Team-BHP meets in Pune.

Many Congratulations !!
Old 13th September 2014, 14:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Lived like a miser, avoided buying stuff I didn't need, forgot how to party, there was a backlog I had to clear. Other kids enjoy their teens on their parents money, then wise up and save their own. I didn't have that luxury, so it was time I lived my teens, but on my own money. Take that risk, said the heart. You'll cry when you're 75 and say, I wish I had bought that SBK when I was younger. I can still buy an apartment 5 years later, but a sportbike I might not be able to ride, even if I could afford to buy one, said the heart. For too long, the mind had won, but cost me in fun.
That's some serious logic from the heart Congrats Ricci, nothing beats the Daytona as a package.

I am also planning to lay my hands on a SBK next year, have my eyes set on the Street Triple.
Old 13th September 2014, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
Congratulations Ricci on your Ravensoul and that's one of a kind sharing my friend, I was listening to a nice experience rather than reading a post - Pure writing.
Could you make clear the cost of it, was it 13 lacs or how much did it actually cost you?
Thanks, Mahven. The OTR price is 11.56 for the standard D675 and 13.05 for D675R ; the prices have risen since by approx 30-35k and will be, or already are effective as of date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow that's really well put up. I am a big time aspirant for a Street Triple but somehow the finances have not fallen in place. But it was great to read your story. The Daytona is a looker, striking and awesome.
Black Daytona's are indeed rare. Out of the 5-6 Daytona's I have seen so far, only one has been red. Rest all were white. Eager to see your Daytona in one of the Team-BHP meets in Pune.
Many Congratulations !!
Thanks //M , depending on weather tomorrow, I might bring the Daytona to the tapri meet. All the best for the St3 fund , that's a lovely bike - so much so that the dealer says he can't deliver one for nearly 6 months !

Black is rare indeed, mine is the only black the dealer got, and now the glossy black is discontinued, in comes the matt black which too I think few will choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition

I hope the ABS warning issue has been sorted out.
Thanks, yes, the ABS issue was resolved by adjusting the ABS magnetic sensor to ABS pulser ring gap to minimum at 0.5mm. The acceptable range is 0.5 to 1.5mm. This issue has been reported by others too, so I guess now they know the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Ricci,

Congratulations, and good to see your thread finally.I am sure you will have a wonderful time ahead. Ricci, by now you should be used to the weight of the bike, The muscles in our body would get educated about the weight and once that imprinted the bike feels less heavy. I am sure you know this already.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks Ram. By weight, I mean at parking lot handling speed. On the move the weight isn't a problem, but the centre of gravity being high, if the bike leans a little too much, it will drop and then picking it up alone would be task. Even seasoned riders have dropped their bikes at parking lot speeds, once it exceeds a certain angle, you have to be Dwayne Johnson to arrest the fall. I'm being very careful about that side-stand !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations on the lovely bike man.
and May I say, one of most honest and best described reviews of super bike bought by own money. You absolutely nailed it. To be honest, I am in same boat as you are. I am not getting the 675 only because of the riding position otherwise I love it to bits. Plus I am married so atleast some pilliion carrying ability is needed.

I am waiting for the CBR650F. I think it might get launched next year end. It is going to be long wait, but I have already waited for 8 years, so one more probably wouldnt hurt.

Ride safe and wish you many many miles of pleasurable ride. Start exercising and strengthing the back so that you can take the load of your wrists.
I too waited for the CBR650F, but it will only be here in 2015. Why doesn't Honda bring the VFR800 - relaunched on 2014 - to India, lots of Indian riders want a practical and comfortable sporty bike, a sport-tourer fits the bill just right even if they don't tour on it.

Nonetheless, the CBR650F sounds nice indeed, and if Honda prices it right, could be very popular as it has all the bragging rights to be shown off as a superbike - big looks, inline 4 sound, full fairing and comfortable to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Congrats on your ride Ricci.Looks amazing.A very from the heart review too might I add.Yep,like you said white does look absolutely killer.
All you Triumph owners with your amazing reviews and beautiful motorcycles will force my hand into buying one in the not too distant future.
Lived like a miser, avoided buying stuff I didn't need, forgot how to party, there was a backlog I had to clear.
I can relate to this entirely.I just finished one final backlog recently.Time to start saving eh.
Since you mentioned the Independence day ride,Is this the same 675 as seen in Mobikes thread?

Any performance mods in mind or will you be keeping her entirely stock.Didn't see any on your list of upgrades.
Yes, BOV, you can see my ride in argchoff's Independence Day ride pics.
I assume your intention was about the exhaust system. I have put a list of upgrade/accessories which are more for protection - frame sliders, engine covers in the event of a fall and these alone will cost a pretty packet and I want to upgrade my riding gear too.
The 48k Arrow which will add perhaps 4-5hp more and drop maybe 8-10kg is nice to have but will have to wait. The bike is powerful enough for me for the time being at least, and the protection accessories are higher priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Thanks for the excellent write up. I could relate a lot to you, especially the way you felt before buying the beauty. Can you please shed some light on the fuel used. If its normal fuel, do you face any knocking or irregular heating up.
I'm using regular fuel, 91 octane. The Triumph dealer said they run fine on regular fuel, and I have had no problems either. There is an India-specific engine map available but I was told it would cause the engine to stall often, so they continue to use the factory ( UK/Europe ) map or Brazilian market map - this is set up just before delivery.

The bike does heat up in city riding, but I don't find it scorching uncomfortably, but the real test will be in the summer. On faster highway rides, the engine runs cooler and the heat was not a bother at all.

Animeshb,
thanks dude, the Street is wonderful, being a little detuned but more comfortable Daytona after all. It does look like it's Triumph's 2nd best seller in India, after the Bonneville, the Streep triple gets the most number of bookings. It's going to be a longish wait, but worth it. The Japanese just lost themselves a good many sales , had they been more bold in bringing their 600s, they'd have left little room for Triumph given the relative brand recognition. Good times for Triumph!

Last edited by Ricci : 13th September 2014 at 15:24.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 17:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ricci! The black beauty is really beautiful man. Congratulations! I'm still coming to grips with the fact that you own a Daytona now!

Look forward to meeting up at the tapri meet and seeing it in person tomorrow. Oh, and you too! LOL
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 15:44   #21
BHPian

Hey mate,

Congrats on your bike. It is one of the best bikes out there.

Actually the intro part of yours struck a chord or two with my life. I actually had the same issue when I was going to buy the GTI for myself. I was very much in a bad shape and leave partying, I had issues in paying off my credit cards. Financially it didn't make sense to own a car, and I was trying to have a European car. But life is not meant to be risk free, I went ahead and bought the car. It's hard to maintain it but still I am doing what I can about it. I hope you enjoy your bike.

The FE would go up for sure after some miles and I think it was a great decision to buy Daytona over the Ninja.

Hope I can also save up and buy a good sports/superbike in future.

Happy biking!!!
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:10   #22
BHPian

Congrats Ricci, on a fabulous bike. I've ridden the 675R and it's just a beautiful machine. And welcome to the Triumph club (RATs).

I would suggest you ditch the Arrow plans altogether, all the Daytona owners in Bangalore are happy with the stock exhaust and lacks nothing. Looks great, sounds amazing.

Wishing you many more happy miles and smiles
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ricci! Black Daytona looks really under stated in comparison to the red that you have posted. Nevertheless it is one beauty of a bike. Totally enjoyed reading your buying decision too.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 15:36   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Ricci for the Ravensoul and thanks for the straight from the heart write-up! Wish you miles of happiness and looking forward to long term report.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 16:43   #25
BHPian

Ricci! Beautiful post! Straight from the heart.
It is always such a nice feeling to see someone get their dream bike. Wishing you unlimited miles of pure happiness on the Beauty!

Did they resolve the ABS malfunction message issue yet?

Cheers,
Kapil
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 00:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
But life is not meant to be risk free, I went ahead and bought the car.

Hope I can also save up and buy a good sports/superbike in future.

Happy biking!!!
Yes, that old 'zindagi na milegi dobara' ( you only live once ) thinking is what spurred me on, despite the impracticalities of owning and maintaining an exotic machine. All the very best for your dreambike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Congrats Ricci, on a fabulous bike. I've ridden the 675R and it's just a beautiful machine. And welcome to the Triumph club (RATs).

I would suggest you ditch the Arrow plans altogether, all the Daytona owners in Bangalore are happy with the stock exhaust and lacks nothing. Looks great, sounds amazing.

Wishing you many more happy miles and smiles
Thanks and yes, the Arrow isn't a definite plan yet, and the OE exhaust itself makes good music, and I quite like the fact that it's not very loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Ricci! Beautiful post! Straight from the heart.
It is always such a nice feeling to see someone get their dream bike. Wishing you unlimited miles of pure happiness on the Beauty!

Did they resolve the ABS malfunction message issue yet?

Cheers,
Kapil
Thanks Kapil, yes, the ABS issue was resolved by setting the gap between ABS sensor and ABS ring on the wheel/disc to minimum.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 03:00   #27
BHPian

First up, congrats Ricci! Can't put in words how jealous I am right now. I am also planning to upgrade to a Daytona and am waiting for the monies to fall into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Thanks Sammy, I don't grip the tank tight with the thighs because I find it uncomfortable/tiring to sit with tensed muscles , I believe that is wrong way to go, the body should be relaxed as normal.

I try to sit up so that weight of the torso is through the seat rather than the bars, but that strains a back a little. I ended up alternating between the the two to relieve the back and wrist alternately, but clearly not comfortable yet for long hours.

My aim though is to get the body used to the ergonomics to avoid the aches after rides. The skill upgrades come after that.
I went for IndiMotard's Track School at Kari, Coimbatore this year and I was taught to grip the bike with my legs. If we didn't have cramped legs at the end of the day, we weren't doing it right. Just make sure you drink a lot of water when you ride. So, you grip the bike with your legs, and keep the bike upright through corners by shifting your upper body weight into the corner.

The hands are supposed to be parallel to the ground, with the wrists applying force on the handlebars only for steering and not to hold on to the bike.

Of course, each rider will have their own variations, but the above basics are something I've seen most experienced sportbike riders follow.
pavanmadhini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 09:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ricci. Wishing you many happy and safe miles on the D.

I loved your straight from the heart experience which you shared with us on deciding and buying this bike. I guess this is the first black daytona on the forum and maybe on the streets too. Only seen the white ones to date.

Do keep the thread updated. All the best.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 10:29   #29
BHPian

Congrats Ricci. I have been waiting long for someone to post the initial review and detailed ownership experience of a Daytona. Your post is enlightening and encouraging. Keep the reviews coming and wish you lots of safe miles and happy riding.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Maibaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 11:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
I went for IndiMotard's Track School at Kari, Coimbatore this year and I was taught to grip the bike with my legs. If we didn't have cramped legs at the end of the day, we weren't doing it right.
Rightly pointed out. You might feel pain for a couple of days in some muscles that you never knew that existed in your lower body. But after that initial getting used-to gripping the tank becomes one among your natural riding rituals. It will make you feel more connected to the bike by improving the feedback from the chassis.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed