Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul

Ricci mate, mighty congrats on the Daytona. It is a splendid purchase and wishing you endless happy safe miles.

Just my 2 cents, did you consider the super capable BMW F650GS? Heard they were clearing fully loaded stocks for a steal.
Old 25th September 2014, 01:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post

Just my 2 cents, did you consider the super capable BMW F650GS? Heard they were clearing fully loaded stocks for a steal.
Which showroom? I am also looking to buy a superbike, and wouldn't mind exploring this option.
Old 25th September 2014, 11:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
You'll cry when you're 75 and say, I wish I had bought that SBK when I was younger. I can still buy an apartment 5 years later, but a sportbike I might not be able to ride, even if I could afford to buy one, said the heart. For too long, the mind had won, but cost me in fun.
Congratulations man! This quote from your post perfectly sums up the battle that used to go on in my head. (Un?)fortunately my corporate world plans dictated my bike purchase this year. Hope to see more updates on your thread soon and yes more pictures please!
Old 25th September 2014, 11:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Which showroom? I am also looking to buy a superbike, and wouldn't mind exploring this option.
F650GS is dirt bike styled bike. Are you looking to buy such a superbike?
Old 25th September 2014, 12:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
F650GS is dirt bike styled bike. Are you looking to buy such a superbike?
Am aware of that Sagar. Have done dirt biking before and this might be the perfect bike for me to take to Ladakh. I wasn't aware it was available in India, and that too at a discount. Can always push the supersports purchase for a year or two.
Old 25th September 2014, 14:08   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Am aware of that Sagar. Have done dirt biking before and this might be the perfect bike for me to take to Ladakh. I wasn't aware it was available in India, and that too at a discount. Can always push the supersports purchase for a year or two.

Then this bike suits your requirements. Yea there are nice discounts going on for these , atleast in bangalore.
Old 25th September 2014, 16:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Then this bike suits your requirements. Yea there are nice discounts going on for these , atleast in bangalore.
Navnit Motors? Do you happen to know what the current offers are? Will help me negotiate.

Cheers!
Old 26th September 2014, 20:33   #38
BHPian

Congratulation Ricci, I took delivery of my bike couple of hrs back.
Its my first ever bike :-)
Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul-daytona2.jpg

Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul-daytona01.jpg

Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul-daytona3.jpg

Triumph Daytona 675 flies in! Welcome home, Ravensoul-meondaytona.jpg
3danikesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 20:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh View Post
Attachment 1292737

Attachment 1292738

Attachment 1292739

Attachment 1292740
Looks stunning in red! Congrats!

Nice gear too
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 23:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Ricci mate, mighty congrats on the Daytona. It is a splendid purchase and wishing you endless happy safe miles.
Thanks, mate. I didn't consider the F650 at all, not only was I unaware it's still being sold, I wanted a triple or quad cylinder with 100+ horses , else there are better bikes for my riding than the F650, however practical the bike may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations man! This quote from your post perfectly sums up the battle that used to go on in my head. (Un?)fortunately my corporate world plans dictated my bike purchase this year. Hope to see more updates on your thread soon and yes more pictures please!
Thanks, motorcycles are like a different kind of mind-altering drug, aren't they ? I'll update the thread next post 1st service and some additional miles on the odo.

Quote:
Congrats Danikesh, that's a wonderful 1st bike to have. A word of caution though, do have a measure of restraint on the throttle hand. If you're not used to riding, the acceleration might catch you by surprise. The good thing is it's a really flexible engine, so you can easily ride in higher gears minimizing the chance of being caught unprepared in lower gears/high revs.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 23:06   #41
BHPian

Ricci, congratulations. Loved the narrative and your decision to act according to your heart. The things you said make total sense. One should not repent at a later stage that he didn't do what he wanted when he had the chance. The Daytona is one of my dream machines. Hopefully, I can afford one in the next 5-10 years. Ride safe

Quote:
Congratulations. Looks stunning.
BTW, since you are saying this is your first bike, are you implying that this is the first time you're owning your own bike or are you new to biking itself? Just curious
Ride safe
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 00:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Ricci, congratulations. Loved the narrative and your decision to act according to your heart. The things you said make total sense. One should not repent at a later stage that he didn't do what he wanted when he had the chance. The Daytona is one of my dream machines. Hopefully, I can afford one in the next 5-10 years. Ride safe
Thanks a lot, Redliner. I hope too your Daytona arrives a lot sooner than that. Anyway, it's a good thing for me and other buyers - more sales means more likelihood of parts - stock and aftermarket available. And to show the Japanese 4 what they missed had they been more adventurous in India, considering that the main markets (US and Europe) have shrunk since 2008.
Old 27th September 2014, 02:43   #43
BHPian

Congrats Ricci,

Nothing beats getting to do what you want with your own hard earned money. Needless to say, Ride Safe.

Regards
Rash
Old 29th September 2014, 11:03   #44

Congrats Ricci and Danikesh, awesome colours!

My heart has been oozing out with temptation to buy this beauty but then my brain starts to debate, Superbike in a day-to-day lifestyle in India is not easy?!? But I had visited the Triumph showroom a month back and since then I have been planning on how to save money for this peach of a sbk.

I've got a question for you guys and since you have got the 675 recently, you'll be in a state of mind to answer this clearly. I currently drive a CBR 250, is it a good idea to upgrade to a Daytona 675? or is it like too much too handle? I also like the street triple and the speed triple but this one is just strikingly beautiful. FYI I'm a sane driver but I'd like to have the extra number of horses beneath me. Please advise.

Thanks and enjoy riding safe!
Old 29th September 2014, 21:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash View Post
Congrats Ricci,

Nothing beats getting to do what you want with your own hard earned money. Needless to say, Ride Safe.

Regards
Rash
Thanks, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyanish View Post
Congrats Ricci and Danikesh, awesome colours!

My heart has been oozing out with temptation to buy this beauty but then my brain starts to debate, Superbike in a day-to-day lifestyle in India is not easy?!? But I had visited the Triumph showroom a month back and since then I have been planning on how to save money for this peach of a sbk.

I've got a question for you guys and since you have got the 675 recently, you'll be in a state of mind to answer this clearly. I currently drive a CBR 250, is it a good idea to upgrade to a Daytona 675? or is it like too much too handle? I also like the street triple and the speed triple but this one is just strikingly beautiful. FYI I'm a sane driver but I'd like to have the extra number of horses beneath me. Please advise.

Thanks and enjoy riding safe!
If you're comfortable with the CBR250R's 160-170kg weight, you will manage fine with the Daytona/Street Triple. They are heavier and more critically, the centre of gravity is higher, but manageable for a seasoned 200cc+ bike rider.

The riding position is more extreme though, more than the R15. They say about the Duke twins (and I guess the RC twins would be not much different) that they aren't happy ridden sedately, they just want to rip. The Triumph motor is very happy ambling along at low revs , and a very tractable motor with a mile wide powerband.

The Street Triple is a previous gen Daytona motor detuned for more low-mid range torque, so you can think of them as pretty similar, engine-wise, thought the Daytona gets more top end. Think of it as a comfortable, naked Daytona.

The Speed Triple has a little more power (133) than the Daytona (126), and lot more torque. It looks quite a bit different, so if you dig fat underseat cans or single sided swingarms, the Speed Triple has that.

Most Viewed