Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 13:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Daytona 675R. A true everyday Superbike!

Jose, Congratulations on your ride.

I'm riding the 675R from past 8 months and always wanted to have such a review thread - riding and work have kept me busy. Good write-up.

Ride within your limits; the bike has none
Old 8th November 2014, 22:46   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Jose! This bike adorns my wallpaper and my heart.

Meanwhile I was told that you will have to stick to 95 Octane if you change to arrows. Just got a barrage of questions when I saw you have arrows on your 675R:
1. Were you made aware of this when you changed to Arrows?
2. How easy is it to get 95 octane around where you live?
3. How do you plan to manage long rides with scarce availability of premium petrol? ( in case you plan on long rides)
Old 9th November 2014, 15:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
I walked into the Triumph showroom in Hyderabad and took two machines for a spin; a street triple and a Daytona R.
Pretty late, but congratulations nevertheless Jose. Quite a looker, that bike.

I have a query for you: How would you compare the Striple and the Daytona? Mostly with respect to rideability, acceleration n all.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congratulations Jose! This bike adorns my wallpaper and my heart.

Meanwhile I was told that you will have to stick to 95 Octane if you change to arrows. Just got a barrage of questions when I saw you have arrows on your 675R:
1. Were you made aware of this when you changed to Arrows?
2. How easy is it to get 95 octane around where you live?
3. How do you plan to manage long rides with scarce availability of premium petrol? ( in case you plan on long rides)
Wow! Thats quite a Daytona fan.

Actually the Daytona runs fine on regular petrol. I havent faced any issue with them.

BP sells premium petrol in select outlets; in fact there is one right near my place. Just that i don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Pretty late, but congratulations nevertheless Jose. Quite a looker, that bike.

I have a query for you: How would you compare the Striple and the Daytona? Mostly with respect to rideability, acceleration n all.
Thanks Mate.

Did u mean Speed or Street?

In fact both of them offer a more street oriented riding posture that's great for regular commuting and stunting. Its quite easy to pull controlled wheelies on both.

Daytona is quite different and is a track focused bike that happens to be very streetable because of its wide rpm range and power low down.

The Street is very different from the Daytona even if the basic engine architecture and chassis are shared. Acceleration in the Daytona is quite brutal when u give it the beans; i dont think the nakeds have any chance to keep up.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 18:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Did u mean Speed or Street?
Thanks for your inputs. I meant the Street. Rode the Street inside the city and it seems to be kissing almost every speed-breaker on the road. Otherwise found it really nimble and to my liking.

Had ridden the Daytona quite a bit last month and was instantly at home on it as well. Couldn't really open up the Street so didn't get to understand how it fares with the Daytona in roll-on acceleration. Your feedback has given me a bit of an idea. Now to take the plunge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks