Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 22:44   #91
BHPian

Update: added SW Motech crash bar last week because the OEM engine guard would not protect the fragile fuel tank, indicators and others.

The bike is big and heavy, I knew it was going to fall some day, the only question was when, and it happened today at 0 kmph speed while trying to make a "u" turn at a stiff incline, and I tell you it's real heavy, if you are don't have a healthy bad and stronger legs please get help from others rather than trying to pick it up. The good part SW Motech did the job, bad part some paint chip up on crash bar, may be I will need to do a touch up later.

Lesson learned never look at you legs while making u turn, this will make sure you taste the road!

No physical damage, both bar(engine and crash) took the complete load, while the rear was taken by pannier connector on rear foot peg, else it would have been the exhaust and indicators.

Here is the chipped SW Motech crash barTriumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435424786.067539.jpg

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435424805.452356.jpg

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:05   #92
BHPian

re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT : Now SOLD

After so long here are few DSLR images of my wounded tiger!

Side view
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-dsc_4783small.jpg

Aggressive view

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-dsc_4812small.jpg

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200 GS-dsc_4843small.jpg

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 01:39   #93
BHPian

re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT : Now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
After so long here are few DSLR images of my wounded tiger!
-Pramod
Thats one mean & majestic tiger. And she is not wounded.....her territory starts where a lot others' territory ends!

Even if not off-roading the crash bars are a worthwhile investment on these tall Adv bikes, as they can tip over at the drop of a hat. Have you done the 'mandatory' upgrade to a desi horn which is sometimes a life saver on the highways

Enjoying your updates
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 09:13   #94
BHPian

Considering how gorgeous it looks, I'm not surprised it's throwing its weight around...quite literally a few scratches, mud and slush all add to the character of a dual sport, don't worry about them too much.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 12:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Have you done the 'mandatory' upgrade to a desi horn which is sometimes a life saver on the highways

Enjoying your updates
Not yet, I personally don't like "loud" horns, but I do believe its may be a "required" upgrade. I felt the need for "loud" horn when was riding with pannier as people would just give enough space to pass a splendor and I have to honk hard to let them know I can't pass within that space

BTW, I touched up the crash bar with touch up spray can I had from my Scorpio days, I never used it on Scorpio but it worked very well on crash bar

There is a Mansoon ride happening on 17th,18th and 19th July at Chikaldahra (organized by Nagpur bikers) I heard they had lot of fun in rain, jungle, river last time, hope I am able to make this adventure ride this time on my tiger.

I am looking to replace my tyres and don't want to go for metzeler available at Triumph, I know V-Strom comes with same configuration 19 front and 17 rear and GS also has the same, but not able to get anything or any info on this, please let me know if you are aware of availability of other in this configuration.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 03:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace my tyres and don't want to go for metzeler available at Triumph, I know V-Strom comes with same configuration 19 front and 17 rear and GS also has the same, but not able to get anything or any info on this, please let me know if you are aware of availability of other in this configuration.
Although I have been very happy with Bridgestone Trailwing (which are also known to give longer life), a lot of Adventure bike riders seem to love the Metzeler Tourance or Continental TKC 70 for more Street duty and little Dirt duty as they say it gives better grip in rain. Somehow the thread pattern on the newer 'Tourance Next' did not catch my fancy. One tire I came away very impressed with was the Heidenau K60 that was on the GS I rode in Colombia in wet & slushy roads with my pillion and all the luggage. Its a hard tire, but if you are doing about 50-50 street/dirt, then it looks a good option otherwise for more street based riding it maybe an overkill.

Any particular reason you dont like the Metzeler?

Have you tried with Bachoo Motors? Our fellow member Navpreet also has some contact in Delhi. You can check with him.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:12   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post

Any particular reason you dont like the Metzeler?

Have you tried with Bachoo Motors? Our fellow member Navpreet also has some contact in Delhi. You can check with him.
Navpreet did connected with me at that time for the tyres and I inquired with Triumph Hyderabad and got the price and availability for him, not sure which tyres he finally got in his GS. Metzeler are very noisy and have a got into very uneven wear, they are 100 % road too.

Checked Bachoo motors website and nothing is available there.

It's going to be 1 year on 31st July and odo reading is 13k, throughly enjoyed every kms on it. Hoping the performance and enjoyment so continues

-Pramod
Old 17th July 2015, 10:26   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navpreet did connected with me............................... not sure which tyres he finally got in his GS. ..................
I got the tires from the Delhi guy. I got myself Tourance Nexts. Tires are street oriented. Say 90-10 for on and off road but I have tried them for offroads too and they are equally good. Because of their design they are not noisy.

And are really confidence inspiring in the wet roads with light slush in these monsoons.

Pictures are up on my thread.
Old 1st August 2015, 19:58   #99
BHPian

hi just now chanced upon your bike listed in quikrr , or u moving on to something even more interesting .
Old 1st August 2015, 20:35   #100
BHPian

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads!

Yes, if I get the right price. I am very interested in new Ducati Multistrada, which possibly will be launching around Oct this year.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 1st August 2015 at 20:39.
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, if I get the right price. I am very interested in new Ducati Multistrada, which possibly will be launching around Oct this year.

-Pramod
Hello,
I couldn't find your ad to sell..Could you provide me the link of your ad, i am interested?
Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Hello,
I couldn't find your ad to sell..Could you provide me the link of your ad, i am interested?
Thanks
I removed the ad, it has a new owner since 21st Aug 2015!
-Pramod

PS: Requesting Mod to close this thread.

Last edited by pramods : 22nd August 2015 at 12:27.
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:57   #103
BANNED

Mind sharing how much did it go for and total milage on it .
Old 22nd August 2015, 14:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Mind sharing how much did it go for and total milage on it .
Would not like to discuss the price in open(sent the details in private message to you), didn't get what I wanted, but the final price was still reasonable.
People are more interested in "sport" or else its has to be "cruiser" very few want to touch these "big" adventure bike, second observation adventure bike to most mean BMW and nothing else!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People are more interested in "sport" or else its has to be "cruiser" very few want to touch these "big" adventure bike, second observation adventure bike to most mean BMW and nothing else!
pramods mate I was a regular lurker on your thread as I am a adventure touring motorcycle enthusiast. I was an admirer of your Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 aka Big Tiger. You are bang on correct with your observation about the perception of the people here in India. Most of the people here including those who call themselves riders do not understand what an adventure tourer is leave aside understanding the dynamics of an adventure tourer. Our market is still in its infancy stage where people have recently woken up to Cruisers and Sports bike. That too many are still bird brained about the purpose of these motorcycles. People have a perception that if its a multi cylinder big bike or even a single cylinder adventure tourer it must do high speeds and should also be light weight. Fact is they have never seen or experienced these adv tourers and pass silly judgements on them. People are still waking up to this category of adv tourers but the sad part is some so called experts are framing these adv tourers as high speed and rock jumping dirt bikes. They don't understand the difference between a dirt bike and an ADV tourer. Sad but true. Anyways hope you find your Ducati Multistrada that motorcycle sir is one stonker of a motorcycle.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks