Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 10:35   #151
BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
I think is this bike is a major hit. My office is very near Kawasaki pune showroom & I am almost daily seeing 2-3 bikes coming from factory and getting shipped. Few day's back the basement was full with 10 + zee's parked in a row and it was beautiful view. Next time I can try to post few pictures.

If I am not wrong it is currently outselling other all other Kawasaki bikes. I am now tempted to take test drive to understand why they are selling in such numbers.
VFM proposition when compared to the ones around it. 8 lac.

Inline 4 - 100+ horses, 80+ torque for people who love figures.
Brilliant for city traffic and highway, many available accessories due to the sale volume. Looks zang

Easy to ride for a first time big bike rider.
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 20:53   #152
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with you Sojogator. South of 10 lakhs, I don't think there is any other bike than the Z800 which offers you a complete package - the best deal being the inline 4 engine. I test rode the 800 a month back and even though the bike was heavy on paper - it didn't feel so on the move or even when negotiating U-turns.

The last I heard was that Kawasaki has sold almost 300 Z800's in India. And the demand for the Z800 has increased this year - mainly due to the price cut.

An off topic question to Z800 and other CBU owners. Other than the regular documents, what other import/custom/duty related documents are provided with the bike?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 14:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
An off topic question to Z800 and other CBU owners. Other than the regular documents, what other import/custom/duty related documents are provided with the bike?
I was provided an Invoice, Insurance and a user manual. Nothing else since this is bought from a local dealer and not a personal import.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 11:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

Got second service done recently and changed pipe to Mivv Suono and did a 600KM next day post installation. Current odo is 3600KM.

Stock exhaust note is almost mute below 3K RPM. Mivv has changed it and now its audible even at 2K RPM.

There is no loss of torque at lower RPM and infact bike is bit more responsive at lower revs.

Exhaust note is nice with more bass and deceleration burble is still there and its more loud. Very good slipon IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-z800.jpg  

Last edited by djay99 : 17th April 2015 at 11:15.
djay99 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 12:06   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

Exhaust note is nice with more bass and deceleration burble is still there and its more loud. Very good slipon IMO.
Looks brilliant and sounds, what you shared, earth shattering ! Deserves a music video of better quality and shared here

That you mention about the burble, I noticed it for the first time today morning, during my office commute, and boy I was grinning. It is a very light one but nevertheless a wonderfully orgasmic one
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 12:23   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got second service done recently and changed pipe to Mivv Suono and did a 600KM next day post installation. Current odo is 3600KM.

Stock exhaust note is almost mute below 3K RPM. Mivv has changed it and now its audible even at 2K RPM.

There is no loss of torque at lower RPM and infact bike is bit more responsive at lower revs.

Congratulations Djay. Was waiting for this to come on your bike. Do post a video when possible. Where did your order it from and mind sharing the costs?
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 07:38   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats DJ!
How much did it cost you? Can you please post a video of the exhaust note? A side by side comparo with someones stock would also be good?
Old 18th April 2015, 07:59   #158
BHPian

Note from Support - Post deleted. Please avoid posting one liners that add no value to the thread. Kindly read this before submitting any more posts. We need your cooperation to maintain the quality of this forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st April 2015 at 12:30.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:35   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Djay,
Not sure how I missed this thread of yours.

Congratulations on the bike she does looks awesome.
Mivv Sunos are by default the best if you want the exhaust note to sound more bassy, the Akras for the shrill effect.

Do remove the baffle to truly enjoy it and take her to those 7-9K to know what you have just bolted on.

Nevertheless, ride safe
Old 21st April 2015, 17:03   #160
BHPian

Took delivery of a Z for a friend earlier this month and rode 450kms straight back home. Loved every bit of the ride and the bike except for 2 things.

1. The fuel gauge has a mind of its own. Never shows accurate reading.
2. The gearbox gets rather annoying at times. Falls into 'half gear' between 4-5 and 5-6 gears.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Edit: Half gear= Gears dont engage property and the GB spins away with a loud krrrrr sound when you let go of the glutch.

Last edited by james : 21st April 2015 at 17:05.
Old 23rd April 2015, 07:43   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Took delivery of a Z for a friend earlier this month and rode 450kms straight back home. Loved every bit of the ride and the bike except for 2 things.

2. The gearbox gets rather annoying at times. Falls into 'half gear' between 4-5 and 5-6 gears.

Cheers!

Edit: Half gear= Gears dont engage property and the GB spins away with a loud krrrrr sound when you let go of the glutch.
Congrats on your Z!

1. Never experienced this. You should expect some level of weird behaviour from any digital fuel meter. However, even by those standards, Z800 fuel gauge is really good.

2. You should give some time for the gearbox to break in. I initially found it annoying as well, but now its butter smooth.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:21   #162
BHPian

Quote:
... except for 2 things.

Hey James. Hope the Z is doing good and has made you forget the sales experience you had

1. Is you friend turning the key to 'ON' with the Z still on the side stand. In that case, the reading will be totally wrong. Make sure you sit on and the Z is upright when you turn the Key to 'ON'. The meters are very accurate.

2. I never faced an issue with any of the gears, except a few time when I have put her into neutral from 1st instead of 2nd and that is a common thing. Being in run in, I hope the clutch movement and gear shifting is happening properly and no half clutches or clutchless shifts are being done.
Old 24th April 2015, 20:33   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats on your Z!

1. Never experienced this. You should expect some level of weird behaviour from any digital fuel meter. However, even by those standards, Z800 fuel gauge is really good.

2. You should give some time for the gearbox to break in. I initially found it annoying as well, but now its butter smooth.
Thanks, Buddy. But the bike is my friends and not mine. Someone at the dealership did mention in passing that the GB needs to be run in. I didnt make much of it then but now it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Hey James. Hope the Z is doing good and has made you forget the sales experience you had

1. Is you friend turning the key to 'ON' with the Z still on the side stand. In that case, the reading will be totally wrong. Make sure you sit on and the Z is upright when you turn the Key to 'ON'. The meters are very accurate.

2. I never faced an issue with any of the gears, except a few time when I have put her into neutral from 1st instead of 2nd and that is a common thing. Being in run in, I hope the clutch movement and gear shifting is happening properly and no half clutches or clutchless shifts are being done.
I will never get over the sales experience at Khivraj. Ive been treated better while buying a bike from hero honda. And we all know how bad the sales experience at HH is!!!

The guage drops to half after say 30-40km of riding . It doesnt come down bar by bar. It just Slams down to Half!! It basically shows lesser fuel than what there actually is in the tank.

The first service is due and they have quoted 18k to service it in mlore. Im gonna ride it down to Blore for service next weekend. Will make an appointment with em!
Old 24th April 2015, 20:41   #164
BHPian

Quote:

The guage drops to half after say 30-40km of riding . It doesnt come down bar by bar. It just Slams down to Half!! It basically shows lesser fuel than what there actually is in the tank.

The first service is due and they have quoted 18k to service it in mlore. Im gonna ride it down to Blore for service next weekend. Will make an appointment with em!
I think you should ask them to get it fixed and parts replaced (the sensor maybe ? ) under warranty. I have not seen a Z behave like that.

Mine is going in for her first service tomorrow. I think the bill would be around 7K as per people who have got it done in the last couple of months.
Old 26th April 2015, 14:10   #165
BHPian

Here is a 'rough' estimate i got from kawa for servicing the bike in m'lore.

COST OF PERIODIC SERVICE............................. 6659
OUTSTATION TECHNICIAN COST (2 MEMBERS)..... 3500
COST OF TRAVELLING ( TO AND FRO )................ 4000
LODGING EXPENSES........................................ 1200
TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE................................. 1200
LOCAL CONVEYANCE....................................... 1500
ADITIONAL LABOUR CHARGES........................... 700
TOTAL.. 18759

I guess i shouldn't be expecting the customary pressure wash!!

Last edited by james : 26th April 2015 at 14:11.

Most Viewed