Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 15:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thanks Fullrevs. I am planning to buy it in future since i am happy with current exhaust sound and bass. But yes its not very loud. I am travelling to Singapore next month and will pick it up if price is good. Performance racing store mumbai sells it for 45K.

Did you visit Kawasaki showroom yesterday? How was your experience and which bike are you considering.
Havent yet made it to the showroom Djay. I do hope to go today or tomorrow. I have my eye on the Z1000 but I know thats not a very practical bike to buy for our conditions. Next up is the Z800. I think its worth every penny!
Old 16th September 2014, 16:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
DJay99, Congratulations on a great bike!

Please update your thread on a regular basis as you pile on the kilometers. All the very best on making your dream come true and wishing you a happy life with the Z800!

Take care and ride safe!
Thanks Cyborg. Will keep updating this thread as i add more accessories and ride more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Hi DJay, excellent choice. The I4 Kawas have a special place in my heart.
I did not know that an exclusive Kawasaski showroom has opened up here. Is it Khivraj Indiranagar?
I too had heard of the not so friendly attitude of Keerthi guys, but this highlights it clearly. Someone from Keerthi and Triumph should look at this and know how they lost a customer, but again I don't think they'll bother, looking at both's arrogance.
Anyway, let me not worry about that since you are enjoying the Z so much.
Have lakhs of happy and safe clicks on the Z.
Thanks theredliner. Kawasaki Showroom is located on Indiranagar 100ft road next to KTM showroom. It is owned by Khivraj group.
Yes Triumph India lost one customer. I am happy with my Zee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlueBiker View Post
Congratulations on your new set of wheels djay !! I saw one in person at the JP Nagar Starbucks recently and boy, does it look straight out of a Transformer movie. The sharp styling is a eye-ball magnet for sure. Great choice
Thanks CoolBlueBiker. I guess you have seen myself with my Zee as i stay in JP Nagar and ride infront of starbucks store almost everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your purchase Djay! Was pleasantly surprised that you were so keen on ST and ended up with the Zee!! I know the reason why now after going through your ownership report.

On a different note, I went to the Triumph Bangalore showroom for just a cursory glance at their line up and left my contact number with them a few months ago. I keep getting called even till date have been asked when I would like to come over for the test ride. Not sure why you got such a treatment though which meant they lost a customer!
Thanks abhinav. Mine could be one-off a case but they lost one customer who was ready to make full payment on spot for a quick delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Wow! Its the season for Team BHPians getting bigger and better toys! Congrats DJay. Looks beautiful (and mean). This is another thread I will be hooked to.
Thanks ebonho. I will try updating this thread on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Congrats Djay, wishing you many happy miles with the beast! Hope to meet you on one of the rides soon
Thanks Sharath. Let's meet some time during this month end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Congratulations djay.. Wonderful choice.. The Bike looks meanass
I was under the impression that the Kawasakis apart from the 250 and 650 Ninjas were being sold only in Pune.. Good to know they are being sold everywhere along with the Baby Ninjas and the KTMs
Thanks Rashreddy gaaru.

Ninja 300 and 650 are sold in KTM showrooms.
Z800, Z1000, Ninja 1000, ZX-10R and ZX-14R are sold in Kawasaki showroom. KTM is no where related in selling these CBU Import bikes.

Quote:
Have a few Queries.. Hope you have the patience to answer them

1)How is the Ground Clearence of the Bike? Does it touch on the nasty Bangalore speed Breakers with or without Pillion?
Ground clearance is more than adequate. I have taken her over bangalore's big speed breakers and she did not scrape. Should not be a problem with pillion IMO. No issues with bikes GC.

Quote:
2) How is the suspension and the riding stance? Can it do long distance trips without too much strain and pain on Wrists/Elbows/Back/Shoulders?
Suspension is fantastic. I never imagined that ride quality could be so smooth with sportish suspension (KYB) and low profile tyres. I have taken her over pothholes at reasonable speeds and i found ride quality to be makhan
Also front and rear suspension is adjustable for rebound damping and preload.
Rider seat is not very smooth but is roomy. Haroon suggested adding some padding which i will evaluate later. I have not done long trip but there's no pain in my wrist, elbow, back and shoulders after 60KM of non stop ride. Riding position is not aggressive but fairly upright.

Quote:
3)How is the steering? Too heavy to manage in traffic or manageable? and also the Turning Radius? Is it as miniscule as the other SBKs and a pain to park?
Steering is heavy at parking speeds. Once on the move its very light/nimble.
Turning radius is better than other SBK's but maneagable in city U turns.
Once you start riding bike, you will never realize that its a heavy bike.

Quote:
4) Finally Hows the sound with the stock silencer? Typical inline 4 Roar or is it muted?
Exhaust note is a typical inline four roar but not very loud. I have not crossed 5K RPM on my bike but i did reach 8K on TD bike. It sounds teriffic at higer RPM's.

Quote:
The Stock Headlights donot suffice? Can you please let me know the upgraade you have in mind. Just Bulb replacement or something more?
I have not done much of night riding. I find them to be sufficient at city speeds but i will replace bulbs in coming days. I usually avoid night riding because of our pathetic road condition.

Quote:
The Black actually looks awesome and IMO better than the Green Black combo.. Also i saw on their international webiste there is an option of Matt Black as well as a Shiny Black.. Are they offering both the options in India as well?
Kawasaki is selling metallic black Z800 in India. No other option at the moment.

Quote:
Finally How good or bad are the stock seats? Is the padding option just a fix it and forget it arrangement and regular stuff which can be done by any Stanley type Leather Seats shop?
Stock seats are good but are bit hard for long rides. I guess we can add some padding without much of a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Havent yet made it to the showroom Djay. I do hope to go today or tomorrow. I have my eye on the Z1000 but I know thats not a very practical bike to buy for our conditions. Next up is the Z800. I think its worth every penny!
Initially i was interested in Z1000 because of its futuristic looks and color combo. My budget was like dynamic. But i felt it will be too much for my riding skill and my requirements since i have been out of 2 wheeler scene since 5+ years. Also Z800 was cheaper by 5L. I felt Z800 is good option for me and yes its worth every penny.
djay99 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 19:49   #18
BHPian

Lovely machine, congrats man. If it wasn't for the mess that is Ducati India and barring the Monster 795, I think this is the best big bike we can buy in India for a price on this side of ₹.10 lakhs. I was under the thought that Kawasaki sold the Z, ZX & Ninja series bikes only in Pune, the showroom in B'lore came as a surprise to me.

The Z1000 in the background looking its menacing best as always.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 19:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

A big bike, with a big heart & a big VFM quotient (relatively speaking of course)

I am actually surprised at the feedback on the Triumph dealership. If other comments on the forum are something to go by, they are doing everything short of going door to door offering test rides

To each his own my man, but the Triumph triple sounds like nothing else. Its almost like a scream, a war cry (sorry for going over the top). But not to say that the Z sounds shabby. Not one bit

I would be very interested in how the bike treats you in the long run. You know, Spares, service, general upkeep costs etc. Now take her on a twisty road and let her loose

Congratulations bud! Ride safe

PS - you have pretty decent gear. Although, you are missing your pants .... Riding pants I mean Do invest in pair

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 16th September 2014 at 19:54.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 21:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Filled her up with 97 Octane petrol from Bharat Petroleum. I could not see significant difference. This could be because tank had approx 6 litres of shell regular and then 11 litres of 97 Octance was added. May be after next refill i might notice some difference.
Old 17th September 2014, 01:04   #21
BHPian

looks killer..!! congrats on your bike Djay99. if you don't mind, can you share a video of its exhaust sound? looks superb, safe riding.
Old 17th September 2014, 01:18   #22
BHPian

^ I reckon you will be disappointed. We happened to come across a Z800 on our meet; when the bike started up, it was just a little audible over background , and even when he moved away, it was so quiet, no one took notice of the superbike amidst them.
It seems it does not get loud and throaty until 6-7000 RPM.

Let's hope DJay puts up a video though.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Djay and wishing you many happy and safe miles on the Z.

I happened to drop by at the Blore showroon after the bikes were launched and was impressed with the Z. Killer looks and mean looking front with an almost transformer/futuristic styling sure turns heads.

The bike does look heavy and I did have my doubts about its slow speed maneuverability.

Do keep us updated on the ownership.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the fabulous and futuristic looking Kwacker.

Nice to know of your Street Tripple vs. Z800 test drive and you did the right thing of just going with what the heart and mind wants

Nice gear you got too. Btw, I too have the Cortech Latigo Air Boots and I am very happy with them. It's almost as comfortable as walking around in normal boots and offer excellent protection

Enjoy and Ride Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
looks killer..!! congrats on your bike Djay99. if you don't mind, can you share a video of its exhaust sound? looks superb, safe riding.
Thanks doc. Will capture a video of exhaust some time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
^ I reckon you will be disappointed. We happened to come across a Z800 on our meet; when the bike started up, it was just a little audible over background , and even when he moved away, it was so quiet, no one took notice of the superbike amidst them.
It seems it does not get loud and throaty until 6-7000 RPM.

Let's hope DJay puts up a video though.
I agree with Ricci.
It is not loud at lower RPM's while accelerating but there is boom boom sound while decelerating and its bit loud. Its a different sotry after 6000RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congratulations Djay and wishing you many happy and safe miles on the Z.

I happened to drop by at the Blore showroon after the bikes were launched and was impressed with the Z. Killer looks and mean looking front with an almost transformer/futuristic styling sure turns heads.

The bike does look heavy and I did have my doubts about its slow speed maneuverability.

Do keep us updated on the ownership.
Thanks Aditya.
Yes bike looks big and heavy. Size is similar to a Speed Triple but it is easy to ride in city traffic. Weight will quickly disappear when your cross 5KMPH.

At the moment clutch is on a heavier side and this causes pain after riding in b2b traffic. I have been told that clutch will become light after a while.
But its not an easy bike to park because of size and weight.

Also i don't recomment this bike to short riders (may be <5.6). Street Triple will be better option because of light weight and small size (relatively). I am 5ft 8in and tip-toe if i am not wearing riding boots.

Hope to meet you on one of rides. Other reason i bought a big bike is to meet you guys
Old 17th September 2014, 13:35   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the mean machine. Looks awesome ! Wishing you many thousands of miles of safe riding.

What size did you choose for your Riding boots? I am planning to buy these online but i am not sure which size to go for. I am 175 CMS and build wise similar to you . Any guidelines?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Filled her up with 97 Octane petrol from Bharat Petroleum. I could not see significant difference. This could be because tank had approx 6 litres of shell regular and then 11 litres of 97 Octance was added. May be after next refill i might notice some difference.
Congrats on the big bike, djay! Z800 with its I4 engine is an awesome bike!

Btw, from which BP did you get 97 Octane Petrol? Thanks!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 14:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on the fabulous and futuristic looking Kwacker.

Nice to know of your Street Tripple vs. Z800 test drive and you did the right thing of just going with what the heart and mind wants

Nice gear you got too. Btw, I too have the Cortech Latigo Air Boots and I am very happy with them. It's almost as comfortable as walking around in normal boots and offer excellent protection

Enjoy and Ride Safe !!!
Thanks mobike008. I agree with you on cortech latigo as they are light and super comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Congrats on the mean machine. Looks awesome ! Wishing you many thousands of miles of safe riding.

What size did you choose for your Riding boots? I am planning to buy these online but i am not sure which size to go for. I am 175 CMS and build wise similar to you . Any guidelines?
Thanks sagarpadaki.
I wear 43# formal/casual shoe. I ordered Cortech in 44 size just to be sure it fits me and its just perfect. I would advise you to add one number to your existing size. They are wonderful boots at around 10K INR price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Congrats on the big bike, djay! Z800 with its I4 engine is an awesome bike!

Btw, from which BP did you get 97 Octane Petrol? Thanks!
Thanks Sriram. Yup she is awesome with the creamy I4 engine

I got 97 octance fuel from Nagpals pump (near brigade road). Costs 95 per litre.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also i don't recomment this bike to short riders (may be <5.6). Street Triple will be better option because of light weight and small size (relatively). I am 5ft 8in and tip-toe if i am not wearing riding boots.

Hope to meet you on one of rides. Other reason i bought a big bike is to meet you guys
Paul @ Kawasaki offered me a test ride but i declined since I had no riding gear on me that day except a helmet. The bike did look a lot heavier and bulky than the ST. I found the ST pretty nimble and easy to ride in comparison.

Looking forward to meeting you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Use the sizing guide and like djay has mentioned go with one size bigger. My shoe size is UK8 but i bought size 43 Sidi's. You can also take a look at the newly launched Spartan boots (touring and race variants). They are well built and have almost all the safety features that big brands boast of.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Paul @ Kawasaki offered me a test ride but i declined since I had no riding gear on me that day except a helmet. The bike did look a lot heavier and bulky than the ST. I found the ST pretty nimble and easy to ride in comparison.

Looking forward to meeting you too
I agree that its heavy at parking speed but once you start riding you will never feel that it weighs 230KG. I felt Z800 was more planted than ST at high speeds on our roads. Additional weight helps on highways.

Honestly i don't think comparing ST and Z800 is a right thing. Though they are categorized as middleweight bikes and are priced near, they both have different charateristic and come in different size. Size of Z800 is similar to Speed Triple. This is strictly my opinion and no offence to either bike owners.
djay99 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed