Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 19:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Use the sizing guide and like djay has mentioned go with one size bigger. My shoe size is UK8 but i bought size 43 Sidi's. You can also take a look at the newly launched Spartan boots (touring and race variants). They are well built and have almost all the safety features that big brands boast of.
I was looking at these. I really dont know how much would it cost including shipping and duties

http://www.motosport.com/IN/motorcyc...TIGO-AIR-BOOTS

One thing i could not make out is whether the size mentioned is UK size or US size

Did you mean this Spartan boots? Are they comparable with Cortech above?

http://spartanprogear.com/Details.as...=2&cat=8&typ=9

@Djay99 - Sorry for going OT on your ownership thread mate
Old 18th September 2014, 10:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Filled her up with 97 Octane petrol from Bharat Petroleum. I could not see significant difference. This could be because tank had approx 6 litres of shell regular and then 11 litres of 97 Octance was added. May be after next refill i might notice some difference.
Thanks for taking the time and anwering all the Queries crisply djay. And thankfully all your answers were exactly what i wanted to hear Music to my Ears.
The only other doubt i had was since the company recommended fuel is 95 ocatne, if it will take to our 91grade kindly but yo have clarified that as well since that has not posed any problem for you so far. Would wait to hear further feedback from you on the performance with 97 octane as well

Was thinking of buying the Boneville but a Jap inline four and that too something which is hugely practical in our traffic and road conditions is a Better Bet anyday i feel. Will do an extensive test ride of both the bikes and take the plunge

And i stay at Jayanagar.. so will definitely meet you and bug you some more
Old 18th September 2014, 11:35   #33
Team-BHP Support

Congrats djay99 for the Z800. I have been eyeing this bike for quite sometime but unfortunately the dealership in Kolkata does not have any display model. Thanks for sharing your initial experience, I will be following this thread closely.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I was looking at these. I really dont know how much would it cost including shipping and duties

http://www.motosport.com/IN/motorcyc...TIGO-AIR-BOOTS

One thing i could not make out is whether the size mentioned is UK size or US size
Price indicated is without shipping and duties. You will have to reach to checkout page to know shipping costs. I am not sure whether duty is applicable for this price.

Size 8/9 is US. Please check Revzilla.com for better size chart. Revzilla also delivers to india.

Quote:
@Djay99 - Sorry for going OT on your ownership thread mate
No problem mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Thanks for taking the time and anwering all the Queries crisply djay. And thankfully all your answers were exactly what i wanted to hear Music to my Ears.
The only other doubt i had was since the company recommended fuel is 95 ocatne, if it will take to our 91grade kindly but yo have clarified that as well since that has not posed any problem for you so far. Would wait to hear further feedback from you on the performance with 97 octane as well

Was thinking of buying the Boneville but a Jap inline four and that too something which is hugely practical in our traffic and road conditions is a Better Bet anyday i feel. Will do an extensive test ride of both the bikes and take the plunge

And i stay at Jayanagar.. so will definitely meet you and bug you some more
You are welcome rashreddy.
I would suggest you not to worry about fuel requirements. I did not notice any difference with 91 and 97 octance at the moment.
I am planning to fill her up with 91 octance fuel during next refuel.
Bonnie and Z800 are in a different category. You will have tough time to finalize
Let's meet some time for a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congrats djay99 for the Z800. I have been eyeing this bike for quite sometime but unfortunately the dealership in Kolkata does not have any display model. Thanks for sharing your initial experience, I will be following this thread closely.
Thanks BlackPearl. You may have to wait for some more time since kawasaki have no plans to open up a showroom in kolkata in coming days.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post

Always a very interesting topic on fuel in India for Superbikes that are recommended to use 95 or higher Octane.

If you have to do some serious touring in India the whole "Fill only Shell" and "97 Octane from 2 bunks in Bangalore" have to take the back seat. Its just not practical to plot your touring route along Shell petrol bunks nor will a full tank of the 97 Octane give you the range for some good touring options unless you have a back up SUV tailing you carrying spare fuel in cans..... Besides, I gather that in Bangalore- Shell and all the other companies pick their petrol from the same refinery source.

I dont know about Harley & the Japanese sbks, but both Triumph & BMW map the ECU of their new bikes in India to take in 91 Octane petrol. Infact I gather Triumph goes one step further & maps it a little more lower Octane to off-set some of the adulteration done in our petrol bunks. Yes there maybe a very minimal drop in performance, but I am sure it will save you $$ from engine damage in the long run. My own 1200GS which is a personal import is pinging with our 91 petrol and I am myself planning to take it to BMW blr to remap it.

Now for those sbks that dont have the above option to remap in India and for the large number of those riders that are not comfortable using Octane boosters and other fuel additives, sometime back I came across this product and the tech/user reviews seem to be positive. Its basically a hardware the size of your little finger that you drop into the tank and that stays there. Has a life of 250,000 miles. Btw, I recently learnt that X-Torque in Bangalore sells this product for about Rs 2,900 if my memory serves right. Seems it is currently running on 15-18 of their customer bikes. Worth checking them out and letting us know how they fare.

www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com

Last edited by Haroon : 18th September 2014 at 17:02.
Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Always a very interesting topic on fuel in India for Superbikes that are recommended to use 95 or higher Octane.
Thanks Haroon. When using 91 Octance fuel from a reputed pump, if i don't see any pinging/knocking, i guess its ok to use that fuel without any damage to engine in long run?
Old 18th September 2014, 20:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Some bad news friends . Had a fall today when i was at nice road toll gate. I don't know why i was not able to put by left leg down on time and then i realize that bike fell down on a small compund. Handle took most beating along with few deep scratches on the left side fairing part which is just behing headlight (i dont know what it is called but it has Kawasaki & Z written on it). Also tank wing got few scratches on lower side though they are not visible.

I was wearing riding boots after a long time and was some how feeling uncomfortable. This could be primary reason for the fall.

Feeling very sad since its just a week i got her and i fell down :(
Old 18th September 2014, 20:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Kawasaki is selling metallic black Z800 in India. No other option at the moment.
Z800 now available in Green and Black.

Source: Kawasaki Showroom, Bangalore FB page.
Old 18th September 2014, 21:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Some bad news friends . Had a fall today when i was at nice road toll gate. I don't know why i was not able to put by left leg down on time and then i realize that bike fell down on a small compund. :(
Hey Djay I am following your thread and sorry to hear about your fall. I guess you can claim insurance in case the scratch is quiet visible. Also loot at detailing option if not already done as there are few scratch proof options that may be available.

I have two scratches on my HD tank due to a faulty knee guard and I completely understand your frustration.

Good to know that you are fine. By the way I also take the NICE road to work and start from PES college NICE toll. We can may be ride together once. Will be amazing to ride along your KA Zee 800
Old 18th September 2014, 21:26   #40
BHPian

Hey Djay, very sorry to hear about your fall, hope you're okay. How did you get the bike up? If you don't have any help, always use the squat technique to lift the bike. Otherwise you can hurt your back. Like Dustharl had suggested, maybe you can get the scratches buffed out and get the frame sliders installed ASAP. Wishing you happier times.....
Old 19th September 2014, 08:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some bad news friends . Had a fall today when i was at nice road toll gate. I was wearing riding boots after a long time and was some how feeling uncomfortable. This could be primary reason for the fall.

Feeling very sad since its just a week i got her and i fell down :(
Sorry to read about your fall. I know it hurts (mentally) when such things happen to our machines irrespective of whether its old or new.

Like others have mentioned, if the base paint is not visible and is only on the surface you can get the scratches attended to. Else, a good paint job can help fix the damage. Hope you did not sustain any injuries in the bargain. A few try and break the fall by holding the bike up or by pivoting it with their leg which can cause muscle and limb injury, so hope you are doing fine physically.

It does take a while to get used to riding with the riding boots.

Take care and don't worry (sounds easy but i know how you feel), the bike can be brought back to its pristine glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Did you mean this Spartan boots? Are they comparable with Cortech above?
The advantage of buying gear from a physical store is that you can try and buy. The Spartan boots have a steel toe, heel, ankle, shin protection and more. Good buy considering the price point and safety features offered. I would consider buying them if I did not have my Sidi's.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th September 2014 at 08:35. Reason: added reply to another post
Old 19th September 2014, 10:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Z800 now available in Green and Black.

Source: Kawasaki Showroom, Bangalore FB page.
Yes Z800 is available in Green-Black Combo. It looks stunning in this color combo. Finally Kawasaki is giving some importance to indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Hey Djay I am following your thread and sorry to hear about your fall. I guess you can claim insurance in case the scratch is quiet visible. Also loot at detailing option if not already done as there are few scratch proof options that may be available.

I have two scratches on my HD tank due to a faulty knee guard and I completely understand your frustration.

Good to know that you are fine. By the way I also take the NICE road to work and start from PES college NICE toll. We can may be ride together once. Will be amazing to ride along your KA Zee 800
Hi, Scratch is not deep and not easily visible. I will look at buffing option. Do you know where can i get this done.

Sorry to hear about scratches on your HD tank. Did you consider fixing 3M paint film? I heard good reviews about it. I am planning to get it done.

I am allright. Just a little pain in my left wrist.
Let's meet some time for a ride together

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Hey Djay, very sorry to hear about your fall, hope you're okay. How did you get the bike up? If you don't have any help, always use the squat technique to lift the bike. Otherwise you can hurt your back. Like Dustharl had suggested, maybe you can get the scratches buffed out and get the frame sliders installed ASAP. Wishing you happier times.....
I am fine Sharath. Just a little pain in my left wrist. I was like struck and was unable to move. Toll booth guys helped me in lifting bike. Since i was ok, i rode back home. Can you please let me know where can i get buffing done? Going to install frame sliders tomorrow.
Do i need to change handle or anything else since handle took some impact? Will it affect handling?

Quote:
Sorry to read about your fall. I know it hurts (mentally) when such things happen to our machines irrespective of whether its old or new.

Like others have mentioned, if the base paint is not visible and is only on the surface you can get the scratches attended to. Else, a good paint job can help fix the damage. Hope you did not sustain any injuries in the bargain. A few try and break the fall by holding the bike up or by pivoting it with their leg which can cause muscle and limb injury, so hope you are doing fine physically.

It does take a while to get used to riding with the riding boots.

Take care and don't worry (sounds easy but i know how you feel), the bike can be brought back to its pristine glory.
It was not a good day for me yesterday. I still could not recall why i was unable to put down my left lef
I am fine. Just a little pain in my left wrist as i tried to hold on to small compound in order to avoid damage to bike.
Yes boots were culprit as i was feeling uneasy wearing them.
Thanks aditya. I am planning to check with service centre for buffing/ replacing the part which got few scratches.

I checked with R&G Racking for engine protector and they have engine, clutch and starter case cover. http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/...KEC0051BK.aspx
Any suggestions? Is it useful to get these stuff? They ship via DHL Courier. Do i need to pay custom duty?

Is Fork protector useful if frame sliders are installed?
Old 19th September 2014, 10:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with R&G Racking for engine protector and they have engine, clutch and starter case cover. http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/...KEC0051BK.aspx
Any suggestions? Is it useful to get these stuff? They ship via DHL Courier. Do i need to pay custom duty?

Is Fork protector useful if frame sliders are installed?
Frame sliders protect the frame from damage while fork protectors protect the fork.

I have frame sliders on my bike but no fork protectors.

I would suggest you to buy the engine case cover, fork and frame sliders and bobbins for the rear swingarm which will help in cleaning and lubing the chain.

You can also check if PRS (link) has these parts for your bike. Duty might be applicable if buying from outside of India. Here is another link you can explore.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 11:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frame sliders protect the frame from damage while fork protectors protect the fork.

I have frame sliders on my bike but no fork protectors.

I would suggest you to buy the engine case cover, fork and frame sliders and bobbins for the rear swingarm which will help in cleaning and lubing the chain.

You can also check if PRS (link) has these parts for your bike. Duty might be applicable if buying from outside of India. Here is another link you can explore.
Thanks Aditya. I guess you mean bobbins along with paddock stand will help in cleaning chain.

PRS do not have stock of engine covers. Motosport do not stock any parts for Z800 since bike is not launched in US market.

I will have to buy engine covers from R&G online store directly. They have a huge list of parts available for Z800 and shipping charges are reasonable (20 to 35 pounds depending on number items).
Old 19th September 2014, 11:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear of your fall buddy, but glad that it was a minor incident. Brush off and carry on, frame sliders should be added. Also did the engine shut off work when the bike fell?

Most Viewed