Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 12:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mean Green 2015 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
I had spoken with the resident Kawasaki Service Engineer for Delhi, Tarun Khanna, before I bought my Z1000
Hi Brocklock! You would be doing us a massive favour if you could put a ownership review of the Z1000. Personally, its one of my most favourite bikes.
Old 14th November 2014, 12:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
I had spoken with the resident Kawasaki Service Engineer for Delhi, Tarun Khanna, before I bought my Z1000 and he was very specific that slipons/full systems would result in the warranty being rendered void. So I'm guessing that if you do decide to go for a modification of this sort at some point, it may be better to get confirmation from India Kawasaki Motors instead of the dealers (which are, in the end, separate entities, and in it for the sales). I would not be surprised if the showroom guy simply backtracked in the event of any issues at a later stage.

I have to say that the prices they quoted do seem reasonable. Having paid 26k for a 'Kawasaki' shroud slider and 10k for a gearbox slider (which is essentially a piece of plastic stuck on with double sided tape), I'm thinking these prices are really reasonable!
Yes. If and when I do go in for it, I will request a written declaration stating fitting this accessory does not void the warranty.
Old 14th November 2014, 12:45   #63
BHPian

Hello Fullrevs,

I'm thinking we may be completely here!

I thought there's already one put up for the 2014 Z1000 by our good old Atul from Mumbai. Or was it on one of the other forums?
Old 27th December 2014, 14:37   #64
BHPian

Sorry Ashutosh for hijacking your thread but since this is a related thread, thought I should share the feedback.

My Z800 completed 4.1 K a few days back. I had gone on a ride to PRS at Mumbai with another Z800 and a Ninja 1000. My observations are listed below
  1. It is almost impossible to not notice how sweet the engine is; a small vibey spot near 6K rpm but that goes off fast.
  2. Builds power impressively from 7K onwards. Got to accelerate twice in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears aggressively and the front goes light.
  3. Experienced ABS near the cement patch after Panvel (while leaving) just before the rumblers. It is a boon.
  4. Engine heat is not very pronounced (or at least I did not feel it much). Got stuck in traffic every two minutes.
  5. Sipped at an almost unbelievable 19.93 KM/Lit. Measured tankful to tankful.
  6. The clutch is on the heavier side. Got a bad muscle cramp while pottering about in the Lonavala traffic. One observation is that since it does not have adjustable clutch lever, the travel is on the higher side and that hurts.
  7. Tyres are brilliant. Pushed in the ghat section only to find Diesel from a truck at most entry points and had to hold back or shift the line.
All in all, 340 kilometers of fun and tiring traffic together. Hope this feedback is useful for those who are contemplating this beautiful machine.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 07:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Sorry Ashutosh for hijacking your thread but since this is a related thread, thought I should share the feedback.

My Z800 completed 4.1 K a few days back. I had gone on a ride to PRS at Mumbai with another Z800 and a Ninja 1000. My observations are listed below.
All in all, 340 kilometers of fun and tiring traffic together. Hope this feedback is useful for those who are contemplating this beautiful machine.
I just noticed this. How was the power compared to Z1000? I know Z1000 is way more powerful but how did it translate to the real world?
Old 26th February 2015, 16:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Yes. If and when I do go in for it, I will request a written declaration stating fitting this accessory does not void the warranty.
Hi,
This is my first reply on any post on the forum.
Congratulations on the Z800. I too am planing to buy the Z, maybe a pre worshiped one.
Did you go in for the slip on exhaust? If yes, then please share your experiences. Did the shift improve any performance ?
v_safari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 21:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Hi,
This is my first reply on any post on the forum.
Congratulations on the Z800. I too am planing to buy the Z, maybe a pre worshiped one.
Did you go in for the slip on exhaust? If yes, then please share your experiences. Did the shift improve any performance ?
No I havent gone for any aftermarket exhaust yet. Apart from the fact that it will cost money and is not entirely needed. I am yet to find one that looks good on the bike.
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 15:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I just noticed this. How was the power compared to Z1000? I know Z1000 is way more powerful but how did it translate to the real world?
In the real world, each of these bikes are closely matched. Since the kind of speeds that we do are restricted, both these bikes are equally capable.

We had a Ninja 1000 and not a Z1000 with us. The biggest advantage that the 1000 rider had was a fairing.

BTW...where have you disappeared?
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 12:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
In the real world, each of these bikes are closely matched. Since the kind of speeds that we do are restricted, both these bikes are equally capable.

We had a Ninja 1000 and not a Z1000 with us. The biggest advantage that the 1000 rider had was a fairing.

BTW...where have you disappeared?
Dont know how I read that as Z1000. In any case, the real world ride-ablitiy argument applies to the Z1000 as well. Not disappeared just been busy with work, World cup and short rides

Whats up with you?
Old 1st April 2015, 20:46   #70
BHPian

I have found something peculiar with the Z800. If you toggle on the hazard lights, they will stay on as long as the ignition is on. They will turn off after the ignition is turned off and then back again after the steering has been locked.
Has anyone noticed this?

This is also potentially dangerous. Since after you have parked your bike and gone away, someone could just turn the hazard lights on and leave your battery to drain. This is also the case with turn indicators.
Old 1st April 2015, 23:29   #71
BHPian

I believe there are two lock positions. One where the hazards will not work and the extreme end position which allow the hazards to work. Was told this is for emergencies when you want to leave the hazards on but need to go to get help so want to lock the bike. At the time of delivery was cautioned that I need to be careful while locking the bike owing to this

Last edited by Caramba : 1st April 2015 at 23:30. Reason: Cannot get the quote in properly
Caramba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 00:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I have found something peculiar with the Z800. If you toggle on the hazard lights, they will stay on as long as the ignition is on. They will turn off after the ignition is turned off and then back again after the steering has been locked.
Has anyone noticed this?

This is also potentially dangerous. Since after you have parked your bike and gone away, someone could just turn the hazard lights on and leave your battery to drain. This is also the case with turn indicators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
I believe there are two lock positions. One where the hazards will not work and the extreme end position which allow the hazards to work. Was told this is for emergencies when you want to leave the hazards on but need to go to get help so want to lock the bike. At the time of delivery was cautioned that I need to be careful while locking the bike owing to this
With the key still in pushed position, if you push it to the extreme then the hazard works (highway stop). A step before that is only lock and hazard cannot be engaged.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 05:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
With the key still in pushed position, if you push it to the extreme then the hazard works (highway stop). A step before that is only lock and hazard cannot be engaged.
I believe this is oversight on the part of the designers. Its natural the leave the bike in a parking with your steering locked. And if after that someone plays with the hazard lights then its going to drain out your battery.
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I believe this is oversight on the part of the designers. Its natural the leave the bike in a parking with your steering locked. And if after that someone plays with the hazard lights then its going to drain out your battery.
There are 2 positions of handle lock. 1 for lock with the capability to switch on the hazard lamps and the other without the capability. The one without comes first as one twists the key. Just keep it there and no battery will be drained.

I love the feature that one can have hazards on with handle still being locked.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
There are 2 positions of handle lock. 1 for lock with the capability to switch on the hazard lamps and the other without the capability. The one without comes first as one twists the key. Just keep it there and no battery will be drained.

I love the feature that one can have hazards on with handle still being locked.
Is it? Thanks. Let me try that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks