Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 11:33   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Yes its the same building where the following businessmen plied their trade...

1) Satyam --> Shut Down
2) Ford Showroom --> Shut Down
3) Chevrolet Showroom --> Shut Down
4) Benelli --> What next?

Sorry somehow that place does not seem to have a great track record.

Aprilia showroom in Residency Road shut shop.
Interesting analogy you draw there, Mahesh! With due respect, i personally believe the brands got to come on their own like the HD's, Triumphs, Ducatis to name a few.

Aren't these guys the same who toyed (or are still toying with) a Korean brand of motorcycle?
Old 18th March 2015, 11:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Aren't these guys the same who toyed (or are still toying with) a Korean brand of motorcycle?
Hey Shubhankar,

How are you doing? How is the AW doing? When is the BIG ONE coming?

Yes agree with you, they should have come alone and they could have learnt a lesson or 2 from Ducati's previous venture. However DSK seems to be serious so far and have not shut shop on their Korean Venture (Hyosung).

Hopefully they can keep up their promises, If yes then Indian Bikers would gain a lot.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 15:44   #123

Don't know if its the right place but still sharing it (admins can move it).
This is from my bro who was part of "Xbhp Thank you ride" in Bangalore :

Saw all the 4 Benellis (300,600i,600GT & 899) up-front last week and had a chance to test ride the 300 and 600 so sharing my perspective as a D390 owner :

300 : It looks bigger for a 300cc in-person. The exposed naked frame with mono-shock looks butch and the aural note is loud and sounds more like a V-twin than a parallel one.
Its power delivery is smooth and has a linear acceleration unlike the blitzkrieg one I am habituated too .
I felt a tad bit heavier in handling but planted on higher speeds even tough a naked, would be a good tourer IMHO.
The engine heat was negligible and I guess city commuting will be relaxing as well.

600 GT : Its substantially bigger in height and weight than the 300 or even the 600i, weighing 250+ kilos with tank capacity of 27 ltrs.
I being tad below 5'8 with no long legs and a heavier chassis could just manage to put both my feet. But all that weight vanishes when you slot first gear.
Its very smooth, silent with good low end grunt and flat torque as you climb up the rpms. Its more than eager to do triple digits effortlessly but with maturity and dexterity.
This inline-four is largely muted unless revved but still music to your ears . It was with pannier attachments and would be a perfect tourer with all your luggage.

Small facts common in them :
Odometers for all the models looked very similar
The ECU check happens once the ignition is switched on even-tough the bike is already on.
Cosmetic fit and finish looked good specially with people dismissing it saying "Chinese-made" .
Probably you already know none of the models have ABS but the tires and brakes were decent enough

If priced rightly with a good service assurance 300 should move more than other models but it has tough competition ahead. 600 GT should conquer the lone territory of inline-four 2up touring with pannier luggage for aficionados.

I didn't (dare to) ride the 899 . Its the only motorcycle which has the Italian flag sticker in its tank since its a CBU .
The aural note of this inline-three in high rpms was orgasmic. I noticed a strong fuel smell when near it and was told it runs rich in mixture.

Will share some pictures soon.
johninflamez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 10:23   #124
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed.

Please continue the discussion on Benelli bikes in this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks