Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 16:39   #106
BHPian

Re: DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Just got a call from the showroom that the xbhp bikes are getting serviced and I could come and take a look at the bikes today if I want.
hey killjoy, did you visit the showroom? Some pics will be awesome. Also any new information you get will be very helpful. As V12 mentioned information on fuel efficiency, performance etc will help a potential 600i buyer like me
Old 13th March 2015, 17:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Whatever the reason maybe for the ThankYouRide, it doesn't matter. It maybe a good travelogue for xbhp, it may be a chance to ride superbikes with all expenses covered. Along with covering this travelogue, what Xbhp can also do is cover a detailed Long Term review of the bike. Fuel Efficiency, Niggles (if any), Performance, Braking, Maintenance Costs etc etc. Will be helpful for anyone looking to buy a Benelli to have this information.
Couldn't agree more. These guys can give the best review for these bikes at this stage. But will they do it? I doubt it. And even if they do it, will it be unbiased? The entire event is sponsored by Benelli, could be initiated by them to promote the bikes. So they might have a say in what goes out on the forum. I hope xBhp proves me wrong.
Old 13th March 2015, 18:21   #108
BHPian

Sorry guys, am still in office and did not have the time to go to the showroom today...
Old 14th March 2015, 16:24   #109
BHPian

Unbiased reviews are hard to find when you rely on the manufacturer to sponsor your big rides!

The Pune showroom isn't open as of last week. Since the formal launch is on 19th, I'll go visit on Sat 21st and find out what OTR prices are. The 600GT is of most interest to me. I now think the BN300 is a bit too expensive as a P220 replacement though. They showcased a single cylinder BN250 which looks similar , but no price revealed yet.
Old 14th March 2015, 16:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Whatever the reason maybe for the ThankYouRide, it doesn't matter. It maybe a good travelogue for xbhp, it may be a chance to ride superbikes with all expenses covered. Along with covering this travelogue, what Xbhp can also do is cover a detailed Long Term review of the bike. Fuel Efficiency, Niggles (if any), Performance, Braking, Maintenance Costs etc etc. Will be helpful for anyone looking to buy a Benelli to have this information.

Killjoy : If you can get some more information from the riders and the service centre guys, it will be very helpful. Thanks!
A 'Powerdrift' has reviewed some of the Benelli bikes that are in India.

The reviews seem unbiased as they mention the pros and cons.

You can search for the reviews on youtube and facebook

The video reviews are quiet slick and soundtracks are awesome
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 21:24   #111
Senior - BHPian

Today Benellis passed through Hyderabad as Nation wide test run / promotion before their upcoming launch. This was an initiative lead by a leading biking forum.
Highlight was the TNT 600 GT which grabbed everyone's attention with its loud roar and beefy stance. It certainly grabbed my attention too.

My son had an awesome time talking to Benelli riders and posing with them.
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-020.jpg
TNT 600 GT is by far the best looking Benelli
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-006.jpg
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-005.jpg
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-007.jpg
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-008.jpg
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-009.jpg
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-010.jpg

Benelli Riders
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-016.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-picture-004.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 15th March 2015 at 21:42.
hillram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 12:44   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Highlight was the TNT 600 GT which grabbed everyone's attention.
This is one motorcycle from Benelli's stable that I have been eyeing since it made the headlines of hitting India. I am on the lookout for a adventure tourer in the near future and this is one bike I am closely watching. Although it is not a true blue adventure tourer but still can be considered for the value it offers. The only fly in the oinment is the absence of ABS, if offered as an option it would make a great buy. That inline 4 cylinder engine makes sweet melody and I have witnessed it during the Autoshow in Bombay. The stance is also very good and so is the seating comfort. This very model is priced very well and Benelli's commitment to the Indian market would be rewarded well if they price their other models aggressively.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 09:00   #113
Senior - BHPian

I got this over WhatsApp yesterday.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150317_090032.png
Views: 1517
Size:  221.0 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 20:58   #114
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India on 18th March, 2015

Benelli is a lovely Italian company, with quite a bit of heritage behind them. In fact if i am not wrong they also have a couple of Grand Prix championships to their credit!
When you compare it with a Ducati, it's like "David and Goliath". However will still rate them as the underdogs. I guess the only worry being is that they are new (to India), hence yet to prove their mettle so to speak.
Yep, they are owned by a Chinese company but they still function out of Italy. May be some sense prevails there. Plus the fact that, as a company they haven't grown much. And the current flagship naked almost looks same to the one in early 2000. Now this could not necessary be a bad thing as well, considering its worked for them too And they were way ahead of the time.

Difficult choices.
Old 17th March 2015, 23:28   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Benelli is a chinese company and am sure they are built to a price unlike the Ducatis which have always been built with an eye for artistry and elegance.
True. considering the price at which it is available, the Benellis 600 could be built to a cost. But the 1 point most online reviews are pointing to is that the engine & its components are built to last.

Quote from a review on Cycle world
Quote:
As such, the engine has to be solid and reliable, and able to guzzle the cheapest fuels from South America without protest. The Benelli 600 four-cylinder is also a little thicker and heavier than its Japanese competitors, which partly explains the bike's dry weight in excess of 440 pounds.
Reliability, durability, and easy servicing were more important than performance. Bore and stroke is 65.0mm by 45.2mm, and the head features two chain-driven camshafts with four valves per cylinder. Cast iron cylinder barrels are thicker than average, and they are cast in the cylinder block for maximum stability and easy re-boring with no risk of distortion. Compression ratio is a moderate 11.5:1, and the Delphi electronic fuel injection uses 38mm individual throttle bodies. The Delphi system, which measures air speed and air density, is very advanced, perfectly calibrating the fuel and spark via individual O2 sensors for each cylinder http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/15...photo-gallery/
Its based on a pre 2005 R6 design and engineering. Considering that is Yamaha engineering, it must have had a lot of R&D. However, being heavy, its not meant for racing against its competition.

It has its flaws but even the cheapest Ducati will not be perfect. The most important factor is the after sales service. I would hold on to my purchase until that is made seamless.

Having said that, I do love the rubble the vtwins produce over the inline 4.
Old 17th March 2015, 23:35   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Yep, they are owned by a Chinese company but they still function out of Italy. May be some sense prevails there.
Benelli manufactures all the inline 4's in China. Only their 899 and upwards are manufactured in Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post
Its based on a pre 2005 R6 design and engineering. Considering that is Yamaha engineering, it must have had a lot of R&D. The most important factor is the after sales service.

Having said that, I do love the rubble the vtwins produce over the inline 4.
Pre 2005 means its terribly out of Sync and outdated technology. Majority of the reviews have shown their Fuel Map issues leading to a poor ride quality.

+1 to that ASS. Ducati seems to be real serious and bullish about their Indian Prospects and hence coming in again even after messing it up the first time. Not quite sure on the Benelli.

Somehow I prefer the exhaust of Inline 4, but after seeing Ducati with Termignoni Exhausts they are acceptable at the least
Old 17th March 2015, 23:38   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
I got this over WhatsApp yesterday.
Yes its the same building where the following businessmen plied their trade...

1) Satyam --> Shut Down
2) Ford Showroom --> Shut Down
3) Chevrolet Showroom --> Shut Down
4) Benelli --> What next?

Sorry somehow that place does not seem to have a great track record.

Aprilia showroom in Residency Road shut shop.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 23:53   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Benelli manufactures all the inline 4's in China. Only their 899 and upwards are manufactured in Italy.
Sounds like a preconceived notion with respect to the Chinese manufacturing, isn't it?

I assume the Ducati's are imported from Thailand and not Italy. They are manufactured in Thailand for the developing markets.

Quote:
Pre 2005 means its terribly out of Sync and outdated technology. Majority of the reviews have shown their Fuel Map issues leading to a poor ride quality.
True. I've read that as well. However We have tuning houses to fix those issues with fuel mapping. The hardware components are still good?
Yes its outdated technology. That's why they are not asking for a premium for it. And the parts will be cheaper I presume.

Last edited by anilupadhya : 18th March 2015 at 00:18.
Old 18th March 2015, 06:41   #119
BHPian

Quote:

True. I've read that as well. However We have tuning houses to fix those issues with fuel mapping. The hardware components are still good?
Yes its outdated technology. That's why they are not asking for a premium for it. And the parts will be cheaper I presume.
You would take a bike right out of the showroom and take it to the tuners? Apart from possibly invalidating your warranty its going to cost you. Might as well, spend extra and buy a better product.
The Benelli's offer decent VFM but if you are going start tuning them right out of the showroom there's no point in buying them.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 08:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like a preconceived notion with respect to the Chinese manufacturing, isn't it?
Anil,

Nopes, do not have a conceived notion of Chinese manufacturing as majority of items that we use including the famed Iphone gets manufactured in China.

Chinese have actually excelled in manufacturing with an eye for price.

But my point is, why would you want to buy a product and then get it altered which will might possibly lead to other concerns?

Anyways, think we are digressing from Ducati
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks