Team-BHP - DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/156238-dsk-motowheels-bring-benelli-motorcycles-india.html)

Autocar India Pro has reported that DSK Motowheels (the company that bought out Garware Motors) which already has a collaboration with Hyosung (The Science and Technology Group of Korea) is seriously considering the launch of Benelli two wheelers in India.

Benelli is one of the oldest Italian brands that has slowly slipped into oblivion over the years and has changed owners as well. in 1985-86 there were ads aired on Doordarshan for a scooter called Aravinda Benelli. The ads ran for many months but the product never hit the market.

Benelli since 2005 has been an established European wing of the mammoth, flourishing Wenling, China-based Qianjiang (Q.J.) corporation. - See more at: http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation....qjvpRj4l.dpuf and it seems that DSK will bring them to India.

What is unusual is that DSK was bandied as the Indian partner that was being sought by UM Global who have now settled down with electric scooter makers Lohia Auto (no connection to LML) and now it is being linked to Benelli. Adding further intrigue to all this is the fact that last month DSK reported a hundred percent increase in sales of the Hyosung bikes and also that it was a record. If Benelli comes in, will Hyosung be out? This is a legitimate question since Benelli makes motorcycles in the same cubic capacity range as Hyosung unless of course Hyosung will go down to 125 - 250cc and from 300cc on it will be Benelli bikes.

Yes, I gather from sources associated with DSK that right now they are in discussions with potential distributors and from what I hear they want to do some really aggressive pricing to take on the 'european' competition in the relative segment (dont know as of now if its going to be SKD or CBU). Lets wait for some more information in the coming weeks.

Not familiar with the brand and hence dug up some info. on the same. Posting a few pics here for the benefit of other readers like me.

DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli.jpg

BN 302
Calling it entry-level would be quite an understatement. Benelli BN302 is in fact much, much more. It's definitely a bike designed for the young riders. A bike created with the intent to satisfy those who fell in love for the first time on two wheels...
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli1.jpg

BN 600 GT
After the debut of new four-cylinder engine, for Benelli Q.J. the time has come to launch the GT version of the last naked born in Pesaro: the BN 600 GT. It is a forward-looking sport touring, mid-sized, the intelligent and smart motorcycle....
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli2.jpg

BN 600 R
BN600R is the latest evolution of Benelli Q.J., the new four-cylinder bike created to satisfy the desire for motorcycles and developed day by day to become a real jewel for performance and quality....
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli3.jpg

TNT 899
Aggressive and entertaining. Benelli TNT 899 never loses its identity and year after year is a certainty for all the lovers of sports bikes. TNT 899 is even more appealing in new matt black colour combined with the flame-red frame....
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli4.jpg

TNT 1130 R
Racing proud. TNT R, the most sporty Benelli bike does not come to a compromise and has now totally new looks matt grey. Absolute power and performance are its winning features to tackle the racetrack as well as the urban roads....
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli5.jpg

TRE 1130 K
Indefatigable traveller with a sporting, enjoyable nature. Tre-K 1130 is surely the crosstourer capable to combine comfort and riding pleasure with an aggressive soul and great power, as only a few bikes can. ...
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli6.jpg

TRE 1130 K AMAZONAS
Adventure and desire for freedom. Emotions which you feel as you test and experience Tre-K Amazonas. Now even more unique thanks to the new colour 'military green' with titanium frame. ...
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli7.jpg

BN 600 I
BN600I is the latest evolution of Benelli Q.J., the new four-cylinder bike created to satisfy the desire for motorcycles and developed day by day to become a real jewel for performance and quality....
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benelli8.jpg

Woahh..
These bikes look absolutely jaw-dropping.
Any idea as to how much the pricing is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayush1434 (Post 3552058)
Woahh..
These bikes look absolutely jaw-dropping.
Any idea as to how much the pricing is?

I guess we need to wait till some one brings this brand to India. Most probably these bikes will be CBU in the initial stage, hence the price might be on the higher side due to import costs.

Benelli bikes look awesome. There is lot of italian flair in their design. I like TNT899 since it looks more practical for our roads. DSK is doing a good job by bringing this exotic brand to India. I wish them a good luck.

These are some delicious looking bikes.

Back in 2010, when i was gobbling up videos on the Ninja 250R, I came across the Benelli 250. What a cracker of a bike.

I only hope the after sales support is strong enough if this brand does come to our shores.

Two Benelli's have already been imported into India,a Tornado TRE and a TNT Century Racer 899 according to Zauba.com.

Just came across some news that the Benelli is to be launched on 17th October.

News taken from below link:
http://www.motoroids.com/news/dsk-mo...ndia-17th-oct/

DSK has scheduled a Press Conference for the 16th or 17th of this month. They are my c!ients & hence I do not wish to comment any further.

Website launched!

DSK Benelli

Mods, pls change thread title from "rumour" to "confirmed"!

Well designed website. The bikes look really good too with double discs in the front on almost all bikes. Would be good to see how they develop with dealers and service centres.

One more batch.

And the 300cc is also here:Shockked:

Question: These are Semi-Knocked-Down kits.Where are they getting assembled?

Is it just me or does the BN 302 look strikingly similar to the to-be launched ER-6n?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 3559006)
One more batch.

And the 300cc is also here:Shockked:

Question: These are Semi-Knocked-Down kits.Where are they getting assembled?

Good info. Read somewhere that they will be on road by the end of this calendar year.

OT: How is the tax structure different in the case of CKD and SKD?

Italian motorcycle manufacturer Benelli has collaborated with DSK Motowheels to enter the Indian two-wheeler market.

Benelli, one of Italy's oldest motorcycle manufacturers, was established in 1911, It is currently owned by the Qianjiang Group of China. The company will launch 5 products in India by the end of the year. These include the 2-cylinder BN 302, the 4-cylinder BN 600i as well as the BN 600GT, the 3-cylinder TNT 899 and the 3-cylinder engine TNT 1130R, a 155bhp plus superbike. Prices will be announced at the time of the launch. Initially, the bikes will be brought into the country through the CKD route and assembled at DSK-Hyosung's Satara facility.

DSK-Benelli will set up in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai and Kolkata in next 3-4 months. The company plans to expand its network to 20 dealerships over the coming 6-8 months.

Link to Team-BHP News Article