Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 19:37   #226
BHPian

re: Honda to assemble CBR 650 in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Went to Silicon Honda today and booked mine as well. 50k refundable. There were 2 other bookings already. They've put a 'Wing World' logo outside the showroom. The premium display area inside was still being built.

Finance options are still being worked out. HDFC rates are not out yet. The Tata capital guy at the showroom said that they may be able to offer a loan at 8% PA. A week for delivery once bike is launched.

They still don't know the price. The sales advisor who had quoted 7.85 OTR Bangalore last time I checked is now asking me to expect 9 OTR. Told him very clearly that if it is 9 OTR, I am taking back my booking amount and heading straight to the Kawasaki Showroom

If Honda is listening: Please price it at 7.5 OTR Bangalore. The increased volumes will more than make up for the reduced price
Hearty congratulations man. I will also base my decision on the Test Ride and Final Price.

Makes 2 of us with the booking.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 19:12   #227
BHPian

Honda are handing out VIP passes to the event for those who have booked the bike. I got a couple. Front row seats for the whole show (Fashion show + Raghu Dixit) Hope its not a damp squib.

I've also been thinking about a few competitive scenarios. What if Honda reveals price to be 8.5 OTR and:

1. Kawasaki announces a discount on the Z800?
Not sure if the 50k discount which Kawasaki were giving a while ago still applies. But if Kawasaki were to discount the Z800 and price it same as CBR 650 OTR, will it sway a lot of buyers?

2. Yamaha launches the MT07 at 7 OTR and the MT09 at 8 OTR?
Yamaha are announcing something on August 11th. Is it going to be about these bikes? The MT07 will be perfect for my daily office commute. They have apparently fixed the fueling issues with the new MT09 which makes it even better.

3. Triumph discounts the Street Triple
Least likely scenario.

BTW, so far, there are only 3 bookings at Bangalore (including mine). Not sure what the scene is at other Cities. If Honda tries to be overly ambitious with the pricing, then I guess a lot of us will be shifting to other options (above ones + Benelli 600i, N650)

Last edited by loki : 1st August 2015 at 19:17.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:30   #228
Senior - BHPian

Honda to manufacture CBR 650 in India!

I hope to get my pass tomorrow. Pricing, I was told 8.10L OTR.

Not heard any discussion about the Yamahas FZ/MTs being launched via CKDs. They are announcing the R3 on August 11. The FZ6R is the perfect candidate for India, but I don't think it has ABS even in the US.

The Z800 seems like the best bet on price, Value and support, but sadly won't work for me as it's insanely tall and heavy. At my height, it's not an option.

STriple, when I last checked is not poised for a price reduction.

So not many choices as I need a relatively short bike with at least ABS, looks good and with some company support.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd August 2015 at 17:39.
Old 4th August 2015, 12:19   #229
Team-BHP Support

The Honda CBR 650F has been launced in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Join the discussion in this thread (Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed