Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 14:15   #61
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda to assemble CBR 650 in India!

If the below news is to be believerd - the 650F is not very far away. I really hope it is priced very sensibly i.e. under 7 OTR. If it exceeds 7, then many would prefer to opt for the Street Triple or the Z800.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...et-127228.html
Old 6th February 2015, 18:24   #62
BHPian

The CBR650F costs around 300,000 baht in Thailand. Not sure if the ABS version comes at a premium. I wish HMSI do some introductory/ early-bird pricing and launch it at 5.75 lakhs on road.

Hope Bangalore junta don't have to shell out nearly a lakh extra
Old 7th February 2015, 00:05   #63
BHPian

Launching in July it seems

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46149005.cms

The article also says a price of around Rs. 8 lakhs Not sure if these things are mis-quoted or the truth.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:32   #64
BHPian

Price when the locally assembled Honda CBR650F was released in Thailand on 27th Nov '13, was 300,000 Baht.

Source : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...8#entry7090773

At that time, Kawasaki Ninja 650 was 291,000 Baht and Kawasaki Z800 was 375,000 Baht.

We have prices of the N650 and the Z800 in India today, and people can do the math ...

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 8th February 2015, 00:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
If the below news is to be believerd - the 650F is not very far away. I really hope it is priced very sensibly i.e. under 7 OTR. If it exceeds 7, then many would prefer to opt for the Street Triple or the Z800.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...et-127228.html
Just like you did by knowing just the speculated price

Yes if priced above 7 lakhs, CBR650F deserves to be dead on arrival. They aren't doing a favour on the Indian bikers by launching a bike after a really long wait and that too at a big premium!
Old 8th February 2015, 10:45   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda havent really priced this bike all that well in the US. The listed MSRP for the non ABS version is $ 8,499 and with ABS it is $ 8,999. In comparison the Kawasaki Ninja lists for $ 7,199 and $ 7,599 (non ABS / ABS). The highly under rated Yamaha FZ6R which doesnt have ABS is $ 7,790. There might be other bikes you want to compare it to but to me these are the closest real competitors.

If they are going with a high sticker price in a competitive market like the US where mid size bikes across segments (the Kawasaki Vulcan S is another one expected to do well with a mid $7K price tag) are expected to do well, I dont really have high hopes for an affordable price in India where there isnt too much competition and the market is small. They might just decide to make a tidy profit on whatever bikes they sell. I would love to be proved wrong.
Old 9th February 2015, 00:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Made in India CBR 650F at 8 Lakhs! Dreams to Doggone!

CHENNAI: Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) plans to introduce CBR650F by July this year to mark its entry into the premium motorcycle segment, according to a top company official.

Quote:
"We are planning to introduce CBR650F sometime in July. It will be completely assembled in our plant. It is part of the Make in India concept promoted by the government."
HMSI, President and CEO, Keita Muramatsu told reporters here.

According to him, the plan to make an entry into the 650cc premium motorcycle segment was part of the proposal to introduce 15 new models this year.

He said the company would introduce seven brand new models equipped with new engine and chassis.

Asked on the localisation levels of the CBR650cc motorcycle, he said
Quote:
Initially it would be around 5% as it will be brought in India as a completely knocked down unit and would be increased in a phased manner.

The price of the motorcycle, he said would be around Rs 8 Lakh.
Currently, HMSI retails CBR150cc and CBR250cc apart from CB Unicorn, CB Trigger, CB Shine, Dream Yuga, Dream Neo and popular scooterettes Activa and Deo.

On the total sales target for this year, he said the company expects to sell around 45 lakh units compared to 37 lakh units sold during same period of last year.

HMSI currently has three plants in Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka with a total capacity of 4.60 million units. The company's fourth plant set up in Gujarat, at an investment of around Rs 1,100 crore was expected to begin production early next year.

"It will be ready early next year. It will manufacture scooters. The capacity of the plant will be 1.20 million units," he said.

Source: ET
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...m_medium=ETRSS

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 9th February 2015 at 00:41.
Old 9th February 2015, 05:06   #68
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Made in India CBR 650F at 8 Lakhs! Dreams to Doggone!

I cannot term this news as Good or Bad. It seems good that Honda is getting the CBR650F to India. And not only getting, but also manufacturing it. At this point when all manufacturers are launching 1000+ CC bikes which is out of the reach of an average person - this really seems like good news. The CBR650F is believed to be one of the most practical bikes - perfect first step into the superbike world. But this good news has been overshadowed by the bad one - the insane pricing. 8 lakhs seems just too much for what seems to be a basic 650 cc bike. The bike is too bland compared to its main rivals - the Speed Triple, Z800 and the Benelli's. The rivals have more modern features like a USD front fork, adjustable rear shocks, ABS etc. The Honda loses out on all these features. And at 8 lakhs - its time to head out to the showroom and book one immediately....err the Z800 I mean.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 09:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I cannot term this news as Good or Bad...and book one immediately....err the Z800 I mean.
While I echo exactly your thoughts including the insane pricing & practical motorcycle, the rivals are all Naked, while C650R is faired + smaller engine (might yield marginally better FE). Like you, I would stay off from C650R & prefer twin Ninja 650 over this, which is also practical & affordable.

IMHO, C650R should be getting C-ABS as well & going by reviews, 5 step preloaded (or pretension) adjustable rear suspension.

When I read 8 Lakhs, first thing on my mind was, Z800
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 09:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are planning to introduce CBR650F sometime in July. It will be completely assembled in our plant. It is part of the Make in India concept promoted by the government.

Initially it would be around 5% as it will be brought in India as a completely knocked down unit and would be increased in a phased manner.
Good joke if I ever saw one. Calling it Make In India is blasphemy.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 14:20   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
While I echo exactly your thoughts including the insane pricing & practical motorcycle, the rivals are all Naked, while C650R is faired + smaller engine (might yield marginally better FE). Like you, I would stay off from C650R & prefer twin Ninja 650 over this, which is also practical & affordable.

IMHO, C650R should be getting C-ABS as well & going by reviews, 5 step preloaded (or pretension) adjustable rear suspension.

When I read 8 Lakhs, first thing on my mind was, Z800
The same thought came to me as well. Agree with you on this Aargee! Practicality and Fuel Efficiency may favor the CBR650F. But anyone looking for a 600cc bike will not want to spend 8 lakhs. And anyone looking for a 8 lakh bike will not buy the 650F. The only way I see it, if the maintenance/service costs of the 650F are not very expensive (like the Triumph, Z800) - then I see the decision tilting towards the Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Good joke if I ever saw one. Calling it Make In India is blasphemy.
What concept are they referring to I wonder? Making the bike or Making us Indians?
Old 9th February 2015, 18:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

A made in India Honda at 8 lakhs or a CBU Ducati at 7? Whats going on with the world? If we are talking brand power here, does Honda think they are more premium or desirable than the "Ferrari of the 2 wheeled world"?

Unless Honda released this news only to shock us all with an amazing sticker price, its adios Honda .... at least from me. This would be the last product I ever wait for from their stable and completely write them off as anything of value in the Indian market

And even 7 lakhs for me is pushing it. IMO It needs to be around the 6 lakh mark for it to make any sense, no more!!!
Old 9th February 2015, 18:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Unless Honda released this news only to shock us all with an amazing sticker price
Hondas are never really known for that! Me thinks Honda will charge the whole 8 Lakhs for the bike.. Because they can!

Remember when they launched the Stunner FI here at a whooping 10k more than the standard Stunner?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 9th February 2015 at 18:59.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 19:42   #74
BHPian

8 lakhs is not a good price. I think then the Z800 is a much better bike. It has more power, better suspension, better brakes etc.

The only benchmark for Honda pricing is CBR250, I think. I think CBR250 was priced very competitively but then it was manufactured in India, if I am not wrong. Honda dealership said it would be priced competitively, but 8 lakhs to me, is not competitive.

Anything above 7-7.5 on road, and I would be looking at Z800.

Regards
Rachit.
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 20:17   #75
BHPian

It's amazing how the universe has come together to aid Kawasaki's growth in India. First it was Triumph conning Indian costumers, and now it's Honda with this ridiculous pricing strategy. I hope the idiots at Honda rethink their strategy.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks