Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2015, 01:30   #76
BHPian

re: Honda to assemble CBR 650 in India!

With this pricing strategy I can only pray the guy was on dope or there must be some miscommunication regarding the speculative price announcement.
(Infact I considered Goldwing was sensibly priced)
As on this pricing, July or Dec, CKD or CBU, or even it is Made in India, Honda has already lost the game.
Old 10th February 2015, 08:00   #77
BHPian

Guys, while I may or may not the like the pricing, just think for a second. What's the cheapest fully faired in-line 4 available in India? Now compare that price against the CBR650F and you have a winner. There will be lots of people buying the Honda!
Old 10th February 2015, 10:40   #78
BHPian

That sweet sound an inline 4 makes may be worth the 8 lakhs for many. Realistically Honda should be pricing this around 6 lakhs to entice ninja 650 buyers.
Old 10th February 2015, 10:55   #79
BHPian

Leaving aside the engine configuration, everything is going to be more or less same between N650 and CBR650F. Be it the riding comfort (though 650F has slightly more aggressive seating), performance, handling dynamics, etc.. So the main differentiating factor from the user experience perspective is the exhaust sound. I am just thinking whether anyone will be ready to pay an extra 1.9L just for that exhaust sound. I have no answer for that though. I wish Honda puts up a more sensible pricing and keep other competitors on toes. Followed by Kawasaki and Triumph, Honda introducing a middle weight is itself an encouraging news for all motorcycle enthusiasts. Hope others like Yamaha and Suzuki join the game as soon as possible.
Old 10th February 2015, 16:56   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Guys, while I may or may not the like the pricing, just think for a second. What's the cheapest fully faired in-line 4 available in India?

Now compare that price against the CBR650F and you have a winner. There will be lots of people buying the Honda!

Although the price hasn't been announced yet..

.. but most likely the cheapest inline 4 would be the DSK-Benelli BN600i... but of course it's not a Full Faired one

Last edited by payeng : 10th February 2015 at 17:18.
Old 10th February 2015, 17:27   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Although the price hasn't been announced yet..

.. but most likely the cheapest inline 4 would be the DSK-Benelli BN600i... but of course it's not a Full Faired one
Maybe...but the current cheapest fully faired in line 4 is somewhere upwards of 16 lakhs or so and this is half the price of that, I am sure there will be many takers.
Old 10th February 2015, 21:05   #82
BHPian

Among other friends ( not on Team BHP ), I had predicted on-road pricing will be around the 9 lac price and looks like I am right.

Even so, it looks very VFM compared to the choices we have save for the Z800. The Z800 offers better kit for similar or less, only lacks fairing which lot of people do want.

As for the N650 - it's tremendous VFM but it's built to a cost and it shows, somewhat. Spartan frame and suspension, brakes. The Honda isn't offering top-spec either, but it does mask the built-to-a-price feel/look much better.

I am one of those, for whom sound was also an important criteria. I never liked the Ninja 650's sound, but the weak brake and headlamp also compounded the choice. The Ceeber 650F is the bike I'd most likely plump for, had I been in the market, though the Benelli 600GT is a strong contender.

For anyone buying - hear the bike. Feel the bike. Quality wise, the price diff is a bit too high, yes, especially after seeing the Thai prices for reference, between the N650 , Z800 and CBR650F.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 15:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I am just thinking whether anyone will be ready to pay an extra 1.9L just for that exhaust sound. I have no answer for that though.
I guess its not just about money. Feel of I4 sound is entirely different. Checked out N650 and Z800 back to back and i felt extra money is worth spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
As for the N650 - it's tremendous VFM but it's built to a cost and it shows, somewhat. Spartan frame and suspension, brakes. The Honda isn't offering top-spec either, but it does mask the built-to-a-price feel/look much better.
Very well summed up Ricci. N650 makes a wonderful proposition but exhaust, weak brakes put me off. I would have bought it if it had an extra cylinder.

Though 8L looks more when compared to N650, honestly i would have bought it as there is no other faired motorcycle in this price bracket. I guess next faired motorcycle is your's but that's all together a different machine with hell lot of character
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 19:49   #84
BHPian

Folks - Any news on the launch? and the price?

Import data on zauba shows that Honda have imported parts from thailand for the CKD assembly on 2 dates - Feb 25th and March 2nd.
https://www.zauba.com/import-cbr650-hs-code.html

Interestingly, the parts seem to be in multiples of 11. Does that mean only 11 bikes initially?

Dear Honda, launch this at ~6 lakhs.
Old 20th April 2015, 21:12   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Folks - Any news on the launch? and the price?

Import data on zauba shows that Honda have imported parts from thailand for the CKD assembly on 2 dates - Feb 25th and March 2nd.
https://www.zauba.com/import-cbr650-hs-code.html

Interestingly, the parts seem to be in multiples of 11. Does that mean only 11 bikes initially?

Dear Honda, launch this at ~6 lakhs.
Hi,

I have not seen any other concrete news after the update that it should be available by July and at nearly 8 lakhs.

Have been waiting myself too for an update, but no new news yet.

Till then, Happy Waiting!!

Regards
Rachit
Old 20th April 2015, 21:20   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Happy || Waiting
The biggest oxymoron for the Indian motorcycle buyer ever

Old 21st April 2015, 21:49   #87
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

8 lakhs is just too much for a CBR650F. And considering we have Benelli in the market, 8 lakhs is just way too much. 8 lakhs would have been a fair price if the CBR650F had a lot of other features from the RR range - USD Forks, ABS, engine tuned for more power etc.

Service cost wise too - I dont think the CBR would be cheap. The service intervals would be same as all other superbikes sold in India. And going by the discussion on various international forums - the first service cost is in the range of $100-120 - which is roughly around 6500-7500 INR.

http://cbr650forums.com
Old 6th May 2015, 16:04   #88
Team-BHP Support

Honda has revealed that will start assembly of the CBR 650F motorcycle at its plant in Manesar, Haryana in the next two months. The bike will have 95% imported content and in the initial stages, two bikes will be assembled per day. Localisation is likely to be increased in the future.

The CBR 650F will be positioned in the premium motorcycle segment. It will be will be sold and serviced through a new Shop-In-Shop distribution format in 20 cities in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2015 at 18:33.
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:51   #89
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Great news Aditya! And not so great news too considering that it will be priced too high - I believe it will just touch the 10 L OTR
- only 5% local content
- premium segment

Honda needs to get the pricing right for it to be the market leader in this segment. If its launched at 6-6.5L ex showroom, it will be a goodbye to all the sub 10L superbikes.
Old 6th May 2015, 19:18   #90
BHPian

Anybody knows the level of localization which Kawaski have achieved for the Ninja 650?

In thailand, both bikes are priced almost the same (around 300k baht) - with the Honda being slightly more expensive.

Now why shouldn't we have similar pricing difference here also?

Boo to Honda!

Last edited by loki : 6th May 2015 at 19:30.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks