Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 00:22   #1
BHPian

The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider

With Kawasaki going bonkers and launching a supercharged literbike, the H2 and race-only H2R , and Yamaha upping the ante with the 2015 R1 and R1M, Honda had to bring something to the party.

And here it is, the 2015 RC213V-S.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...ream-unveiled/

While no specs have been released, in typical Japanese conservative fashion , I expect this to be an evolutionary than revolutionary model. That means horsepower figures remain around the 200hp mark, but with more digital sophistication to manage it. A carbon fiber model was launched by , who else, Marc Marquez.

Is it just me, or have stylists been all sent on vacation? The 2015 crop of bikes is especially styled worse than the previous generations, especially the front ends. This Honda is so far the best looking of the lot. The mirror placement is really interesting, also note the MotoGP type guards on the bar ends. Honda also bucks the trend with its tiny exhaust cans.

So who's left ? I'm looking at you , Suzuki.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider-2015hondarc213vsprototype06.jpg  

The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider-2015hondarc213vsprototype07.jpg  

The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider-2015hondarc213vsprototype08.jpg  

Last edited by Ricci : 8th November 2014 at 00:30.
Ricci is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 00:37   #2
BHPian

re: The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Is it just me, or have stylists been all sent on vacation? The 2015 crop of bikes is especially styled worse than the previous generations, especially the front ends. This Honda is so far the best looking of the lot.

So who's left ? I'm looking at you , Suzuki.

Rear end looks fine but skewered , aesthetically , both exhausts under the seat looks better but my guess is weight distribution is the decisive factor .

Side profile - looks like an older generation motorcycle .

Front end - blahhhhh

The other two so far put in some distinct work especially kawasaki , Honda simply put license plate and blinkers on their race bike - I can see the appeal though and it is a big one for enthusiasts , you get to ride basically the same machine as the one that rules the tracks .

I however find the kawasaki very good looking from all quarters but then it looks more like a caricature than a real bike so maybe that's where the attraction is
Old 8th November 2014, 01:18   #3
BHPian

re: The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
I however find the kawasaki very good looking from all quarters but then it looks more like a caricature than a real bike so maybe that's where the attraction is
I can't call any of these good looking, but while they're ugly, I can live with this sort of ugliness. Not so the Husqvarna like that seen on another thread however.

The Kawasaki looks the most industrial of the lot. By industrial, I mean bare-bones, function-before-form sort of appearance, with nothing to merely cover up the mechanical bits. The departure from twin-spar frame like the ZX-10R or even the monocoque as in the ZX-14, to a more European style steel trellis is a big change for Kawasaki and contributes to that look.

The Yamaha also looks somewhat industrial, the front end in particular but nowhere as much as the H2.

All said, despite that, I find the 2009-2014 R-1's front end uglier. This one I can happily live with.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 RC213V-S: Honda's racebike for the street rider

Well, I'm surprised that there is no attention towards towards one the highly priced road bike ever made. At a mind boggling 184,000$ , Honda launched the limited edition RC213V-S. That's the price for a 101 HP bike with a rev limit of 9400 rpm. Don't get fooled by the figures, because its almost a MotoGp bike minus the pneumatic valves and seamless gearbox. Its one of the most tech-laden bike available. The power outputs vary because of emission and sound norms. In Europe, the basic bike is limited to a more lenient 12000 rpm. A sports package is available which raises the rev limit to 14000 rpm and costs 12000 euros more.
Old 17th June 2015, 00:47   #5
BHPian

This is probably Honda's second super exotic limited edition special after the 1992 NR750 (which had elliptical pistons and listed at $50,000 back then).

Aimed at expensive collectors (obviously) like those who got the Ducati Desmosedici.

I think Jay Leno might contemplate getting one (he got his Kawasaki H2 recently - which I think will be a better collectible as the years roll by).
Old 18th June 2015, 10:35   #6
BHPian

This is a joke, right?
Honda: No.
-_-

The BMW S1000RR suddenly seems to be screaming bargain to me!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks