Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 09:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rohit View Post
Good review dear!!

Hartiest congratulations on your beautiful Superlow!!

May be it's only a perception of mine, chrome looks much better on black Superlows and makes it look much bigger than its red siblings.
Thanks man, and yes even i share the same perception. It looks street bob's younger sibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Awesome! Congratulations on the buy. Do you have any other upgrades/add-ons planned for the near future?

Do share the pics of the helmet once you have picked one up.

OT: Really want to know what that Skull Mask is and where did you pick it up from?

Happy Cruising! and burn that rubber for many many miles to come!
Thanks buddy, looking forward to burn that rubber. Yes I have various upgrades and add-ons planned, will be talking about them soon, but first i need to get the basics done (seat, backrest etc).

Regarding the skull mask, i picked it up from ebay for 800 bucks - have a look: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Silver-Mask-C...item2590cc29b2
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 10:51   #17
BHPian

Congratulations! Wish you lot of happy mile crunching.
Your detailed write-up on accessories and riding gear add a really nice touch to the tale of the black scorpion!
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 12:22   #18
BHPian

Skull helmet is really nice, loved the wicked smile on the skull's face!

Once you are confident riding this bike and enjoyed the stability part thoroughly, you can try different handlebars. Broader handlebars make heavy bikes more zippy to ride but obviously at the cost of stability.

I have kept three different sizes of handlebars for my bullet. Each one gives an entirely different feel and character to the bike. I keep rotating them myself every 6 months or so!!

Wish you a safe and happy Ride!!
rev_rohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 06:43   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
The ride is a bit softer compared to other siblings however there is a constant fear of scraping the bottom due to potholes or speed breakers. However one gets used to riding it carefully around bad roads and speed breakers. Still, raising the GC is on top of my list now, one of my friend got his 48 raised to 140 from 100 in Karol Bagh, I plan to do the same.
Congrats on your new ride, and welcome to the HOG.

Can't make out for sure from the pictures, but are your rear shock preload still at lowest setting?

Try turning it up at least 2 notches, and see the change in your ride.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 11:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
Congratulations! Wish you lot of happy mile crunching.
Your detailed write-up on accessories and riding gear add a really nice touch to the tale of the black scorpion!
Thanks buddy, wish to write even more once my chopper project starts. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rohit View Post
Skull helmet is really nice, loved the wicked smile on the skull's face!

Once you are confident riding this bike and enjoyed the stability part thoroughly, you can try different handlebars. Broader handlebars make heavy bikes more zippy to ride but obviously at the cost of stability.
Yeah man, the helmet is wicked, if only it gave the chin protection. I'll have to be really thorough with the bike before i experiment with handlebars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Congrats on your new ride, and welcome to the HOG.

Can't make out for sure from the pictures, but are your rear shock preload still at lowest setting?

Try turning it up at least 2 notches, and see the change in your ride.
Thanks buddy! Yeah its still on the factory settings, i plan to shift it to stiffest during my 1st service. I hope that makes things a lil better.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 7th December 2014 at 11:05.
Old 7th December 2014, 18:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhimanyu on joining the HOGs with the great entry level Sportster. It is the easiest to live with and highly maneuverable compared to the bigger Harleys. Loved the Harley logo on the tank. Is that from the factory? If yes, that's a nice required touch to the Superlow. Do ride down to Meerut one of these days for a get together. I am a little apprehensive about Chopra's. He has been known to sell fake Alpinestar products. Do be wary of that.

Ride safe, ride long...
Old 8th December 2014, 09:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulspace999 View Post
Congatulations! The Harley is a different breed altogether. Although Cars were never their cup of tea, the Americans sure make some awesome bikes.
Thanks bro, completely agree with you there, for cars it's the Germans or the Japs for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats Abhimanyu on joining the HOGs with the great entry level Sportster. It is the easiest to live with and highly maneuverable compared to the bigger Harleys. Loved the Harley logo on the tank. Is that from the factory? If yes, that's a nice required touch to the Superlow. Do ride down to Meerut one of these days for a get together. I am a little apprehensive about Chopra's. He has been known to sell fake Alpinestar products. Do be wary of that.

Ride safe, ride long...
Thank you sir, yes the Harley logo is the new logo for 2015 models from the company. Will definitely plan out a trip to Meerut when I'm back in Delhi. Wrt gear I did my due diligence and checked the stuff thoroughly before buying. Now that the helmet is pending any good place that you could recommend?
Old 8th December 2014, 10:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Now that the helmet is pending any good place that you could recommend?
MT Helmets are good enough with proper safety ratings for the price. Or if you want something in the higher price bracket you can go for AGV, Shark, Bell etc. Even a good full face Studds helmet will do the job 99.99%. So it depends upon personal choice and budget. I bought it online from Moto 101, Pune who are good people. Details I have posted on my thread. You can take my reference if you buy from them.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:37   #24
BHPian

Great Congrats Buddy. That was a nice write up. Looks like for your height the SuperLow is a snug fit, may be taller riders might feel cramped a bit?
Old 8th December 2014, 14:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
MT Helmets are good enough with proper safety ratings for the price. Or if you want something in the higher price bracket you can go for AGV, Shark, Bell etc. Even a good full face Studds helmet will do the job 99.99%. So it depends upon personal choice and budget. I bought it online from Moto 101, Pune who are good people. Details I have posted on my thread. You can take my reference if you buy from them.
Cool, thanks, will do that, only thing about online is the constant fear of wrong size, will try it out somewhere else and then maybe place an order with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
Great Congrats Buddy. That was a nice write up. Looks like for your height the SuperLow is a snug fit, may be taller riders might feel cramped a bit?
Thanks bro, I guess the size fits me just fine, maybe anyone north of 5'11 might feel a bit cramped. On the other hand you always have the forward foot mounting to help in such a case. Occasionally I use the highway pegs on the engine guard to stretch out my legs, believe me that feels so good.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 22:21   #26
BHPian

Congrats mate ! That picture of Arnold on the Fat Boy was perhaps the only time I fancied getting me an H-D , otherwise at saner times I'm not much of a cruiser fan ; maybe had I been rich enough to own (and park) a garage of 20 bikes , my 21st could be a Harley !

Happy cruising !
Old 9th December 2014, 00:53   #27
BHPian

Congrats! An excellent choice. The best Harley within the 10L bracket i would say as i mentioned in my thread about the Bonnie when choosing the right bike for me. In fact had the Harley dealers in Pune had'nt BS'ed me with their yarns of ' Superlow discontinued' AND had Triumph not set up shop then (back in June) and won my heart with the 61ps(underpowered yet powerful) Bonnie i would be owning a superlow right now.
The ground clearance is not an issue. You can always upgrade the suspension. Even my Bonnie scrapes very often. One thing i would advise you though is invest in high quality suspension shocks no matter the high cost. Being a rehabilitated slip disc candidate i can assure you that NO harley is lower back friendly ( Not just because of the suspension but the riding position as well) and thats one of the reasons i found the Bonnie perfect for me. Please do not opt for forward foot controls (the dealers might try to coax you in this one) as this will make your situation worse and all the bumps will be transferred to your spine rather than the legs.
Anyways enjoy your ride. Safe riding.
argchoff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 01:59   #28
D C
BHPian

Congratulations Abhimanyu. The review you put up here reflects your enthusiasm

Happy and safe driving!

I am surprised to know it doesn't come with a fuel gauge indicator!
Old 9th December 2014, 11:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Congrats mate ! That picture of Arnold on the Fat Boy was perhaps the only time I fancied getting me an H-D , otherwise at saner times I'm not much of a cruiser fan ; maybe had I been rich enough to own (and park) a garage of 20 bikes , my 21st could be a Harley !

Happy cruising !
Thanks buddy! I get that, saw your ravensoul, one deadly machine. I think cruising is something that stuck with me. Couldnt afford an eliminator when it launched (got a p180 instead) and then had a chance to have bullet for a while. I had my share with low end speed bikes (p180>Zma>r15) and I guess that was it. I don’t think I can trust myself with high powered ripping machines. Otherwise I would have started with KTMs and moved my way up to the Z800/1000s. Encountered a Z1000 recently and it still tempts me though
My scorpion and friend’s green monster the Z1000
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20141116_131754.jpg
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20141116_131524.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Congrats! An excellent choice. The best Harley within the 10L bracket …had Triumph not set up shop then (back in June) and won my heart with the 61ps(underpowered yet powerful) Bonnie i would be owning a superlow right now.
Thanks buddy! Yes I read about the superlow/bonnie discussions in your thread sometime back, but 61 or 68 does it really matter? I’m sure not and you must love every second with your bonnie.
Quote:
… One thing i would advise you though is invest in high quality suspension shocks no matter the high cost….
Good suspensions are on my list for the next upgrade post 1st service.
Quote:
Being a rehabilitated slip disc candidate i can assure you that NO harley is lower back friendly (Not just because of the suspension but the riding position as well) and thats one of the reasons i found the Bonnie perfect for me. Please do not opt for forward foot controls (the dealers might try to coax you in this one) as this will make your situation worse and all the bumps will be transferred to your spine rather than the legs…
I agree with you on the suspension, they are usually harder than others but when it comes to riding stance I found Superlow perfect for my body. It allows me to sit up straight without tiring my arms; this might vary from person to person though. Others might be better but within HD stable, Superlow was definately the most back friendly ride. And yes you are absolutely right about the forward controls, the reason I mentioned them in my thread was for taller riders who might feel a bit cramped. PS: HD guys were indeed trying to push forward control down my throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Congratulations Abhimanyu. The review you put up here reflects your enthusiasm
I am surprised to know it doesn't come with a fuel gauge indicator!
Thanks buddy, wrt fuel gauge, it atleast comes with a reserve warning light
Old 9th December 2014, 17:13   #30
BHPian

Congrats Abhimanyu!! Terrific write up and just loved the skull mask! Brings on the wickedness for a HOG rider Happy riding.
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks