Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 11:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow

Congrats Abhi... The wait has finally come to an end.

Wish you happy miles :-) and hopefully we can catch up for IBW

#LLB
sreejith.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 16:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Congrats Abhi... The wait has finally come to an end.

Wish you happy miles :-) and hopefully we can catch up for IBW

#LLB
Thanks Sreejith, I sincerely hope to make it to IBW this year.. see you there
Old 5th January 2015, 10:51   #48
BHPian

Revenge looks superb.
Vino_David is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 20:01   #49
BHPian

Riding Gear Part 2.0

The Revenge: So far so good

I’ve been riding the scorpion with my new Revenge and I like every bit of it - the fit and finish, the stability at triple digit speeds, the ventilation, and the comfort. It’s a bit heavy and fogging can be an issue during slow moving traffic, as mentioned by Basuroy earlier. The interiors have finally softened a bit and it’s not that uncomfortable anymore. I also purchased a spare visor from Moto101 Pune (smoked) for that daytime shine (as it lacks an internal visor). For 5.2k I think its bang on the buck. Following are some of the pics with the new visor and the HD styling.

Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20141226_210904.jpg
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20141226_210925.jpg
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20141218_220737.jpg

The lady rider - She feels like an astronaut every time we gear up (that's not a compliment btw, but safety is sacrosanct)

So now that the pillion seat was up and the scorpion was open for business for my lady, it was time to get her some riding gear as well.
Getting female riding gear is a pain and getting it in the correct size is even a bigger pain. Ordering it online was not an option so I had to take her to the various stores in Delhi (Adventure 18, Chopra etc) to get one. Some of the unisex jackets looked really ugly on her and some of the good ones had sizing issues. Finally there was one in the middle ground, which was fitting her well as well as looked decent:
Cramster Breezer 4S Mesh Riding Jacket
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20150103_124010.jpg
Got the “S” size for 5950 bucks
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20150103_123959.jpg
This one has good ventilation; CE approved Armour, 3 detachable layers and 3M reflective strips. The color – black and white, goes well with my gear and the bike.
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img_20150103_124023.jpg

Tactical Vest used by MARCOS (our own equivalent of the US Navy Seals)

While riding without a backpack I felt the need of additional pockets for the toolkit and other small items. The Marcos' tactical vest was the perfect solution to wear over my Alpinestars riding jacket for those additional carrying pockets. It’s really light weight (practically weightless) and easy to wear over the riding jacket. The Velcro and clamps make it easy to wear over almost anything (in terms of size and fit). Apart from solid pockets, channels to tie ropes and other items, it also has a closed pouch for attaching the hydration pack at the back (plan to get one soon for the IBW ride).

The front
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_01.jpg
The back
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_02.jpg
Pouch for the hydration pack
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_03.jpg
Back with the planned HOG patches
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_04.jpg

Attached to the Astars jacket - front
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_a01.jpg
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_a02.jpg
Attached to the Astars jacket - back
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-tv_a03.jpg

Geared up and ready for the chilly day ride

Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-img20150105wa001.jpg

KFC on the Delhi Jaipur highway, 30 kms from Manesar towards Jaipur
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-dsc01630.jpg

Visors down, ready for the road
Black Scorpion comes home - My 2015 Harley Davidson Superlow-dsc01637.jpg
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 23:48   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I was waiting for your update of a road trip with your better half. After so many years it's great to see the two of you on a bike again though this time it is on a Harley. Where do you get the tactical vest? It looks to be a rather useful.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 13:14   #51
BHPian

Congratulations Abhimanyu! Its certainly looks great, Enjoy!

Choices of Gear is awsome! MT Revenge is just the color I was lusting for!

Ride safe!
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 19:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I was waiting for your update of a road trip with your better half. After so many years it's great to see the two of you on a bike again though this time it is on a Harley. Where do you get the tactical vest? It looks to be a rather useful.
Thanks buddy we were also waiting to update the same. I know man, it feels so good to be riding again and riding together is what I've been waiting for so long. The tactical vest was procured from the Army store in Delhi Cantt for 1200 bucks. It is really handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
Congratulations Abhimanyu! Its certainly looks great, Enjoy!
Choices of Gear is awsome! MT Revenge is just the color I was lusting for!
Ride safe!
Thank you sir and wish you the same. I on the other hand was looking for a full black (matt) revenge, however that was only available in Axxiss, so left it. This one is also good, matches my gear and the scorpion.
Old 15th January 2015, 17:46   #53
BHPian

Congratulations and safe riding to you !!!! Hope you enjoy every bit of it. Exactly the bike I would love to buy...maybe next year ;-)
Just want to know a few things ;
1. Low ground clearance. Is this really bad or can it be managed ??
2. Is there a pillion seat available for this bike. My wife would kill me otherwise.:-)
3. Skull helmet... Super duper !!! where from ??
Warm regards,
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 20:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Congratulations and safe riding to you !!!! Hope you enjoy every bit of it. Exactly the bike I would love to buy...maybe next year ;-)
Just want to know a few things ;
1. Low ground clearance. Is this really bad or can it be managed ??
2. Is there a pillion seat available for this bike. My wife would kill me otherwise.:-)
3. Skull helmet... Super duper !!! where from ??
Warm regards,
Thanks buddy. To answer your queries:

1. Low GC - can be managed, but its really hard with a pillion esp i you are big like me.
2. Yes, pillion seat is available but with a hefty price tag (read the later pages of my thread)
3. Skull helmet was just a temp thing, it was a skull mask and an open face helmet. (got it from ebay, but trust me go for a full face helmet with good protection)

Looking forward to your ownership thread soon
Old 21st January 2015, 02:16   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Taking que from Dheeraj Sir, I also Harlyed it..
Attachment 1319764
Hi Abhimanyu. May I know from where you got the HD Bar and Shields sticker. I've too been recently Harley'd with the same ride as yours. As a coincidence, I too have a Vivid black 2015 with the same derby cover as yours.
Old 21st January 2015, 17:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazilbadrudeen View Post
Hi Abhimanyu. May I know from where you got the HD Bar and Shields sticker. I've too been recently Harley'd with the same ride as yours. As a coincidence, I too have a Vivid black 2015 with the same derby cover as yours.
Congrats on your ride mate and I look forward to reading your ownership thread soon. Kudos on the derby cover, i like the typical harley skull, go for the fuel cap as well, trust me it looks deadly in the flesh.

As far as the stickers are concerned they are plain and simple laminated printouts (DIY kinds). With respect to the patches, i've been getting them from the showroom so far.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 00:55   #57

Congrats on your ride mate and I look forward to reading your ownership thread soon. Kudos on the derby cover, i like the typical harley skull,
Quote:
go for the fuel cap as well, trust me it looks deadly in the flesh.
I too wanted to go for the skull cap or atleast the same one as the derby. But better half feels it to be a bad omen. I was lucky they allowed me to take my passion to the next step so don't wanna push it too far now. But definitely in the pipeline.

Thanks for the heads up on the stickers. I can probably try this out. I have a side mount and need to put a sticker on the left as I've harley'd the plate too. Will post a pic soon.
Old 22nd January 2015, 01:03   #58

I remember reading about the Battery cover issue that you had posted somewhere, honestly forgot as the forum is an encyclopedia for us. I too faced the same issue. The first time while riding to the showroom to buy some surface care items, a passerby tapped and told me that something was hanging. That when I realized this issue and lucky for me it was clinging to the clamp at the bottom. Checked with the dealer and gave me a very unconvincing reply. The did some temp fix but unfortunately two days later while taking a ride along the beach in Chennai, it gave way and all I could hear was a thump on the road. When I stopped, I realized that the cover fell and screeched across the road.

Next day was a field trip at the showroom where they explained that this prob was solved and thats why there is no hole in it but some rides are still facing this issue. When I told them that it's there responsibility, they agreed to replace it FOC but intimated the part will take atleast 4 weeks to arrive as no dealers in India are having a spare cover (Don't know how far it is true).

So for safety reasons, I would suggest you get it zip tied to the frame at the earliest at the service station. I didnt want to take risk with the exposed cover, hence got the scratched one fixed temporarily using the zip tie.
fazilbadrudeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I too wanted to go for the skull cap or atleast the same one as the derby. But better half feels it to be a bad omen. I was lucky they allowed me to take my passion to the next step so don't wanna push it
Completely understand and agree bro, my better half also didn't like it at first but after a while she was fine with it.

Quote:
When I stopped, I realized that the cover fell and screeched across the road.
This was exactly my worst nightmare, fortunately for me before any of this could happen i got a very tiny neat hole drilled and got it tied at the service center during my first service. So got rid of the issue and its really nice of you for the headsup Hope you get the new cover soon. Have you decided on the pillion seat and the backrest yet?
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:19   #60

Quote:
Have you decided on the pillion seat and the backrest yet?
I got the Pillion Seat and the Backrest at the time of delivery itself. Went for the regular pillion along with the detachable backrest. (Although expensive wanted, the detachable looked an ideal option for me because I seldom ride pillion. Only when somebody insists it happens)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks