Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 02:06   #1
BHPian

the R6 or the 6R

well guys i really need some help here.this is one question i have been trying to find a answer for very long.as like many others the 600cc supersport category is my personal favourite.i am confused as to whether to go for the yamaha R6 or the ZX6R Kwacker.i wld probably gng US nxt year for my further studies.planning to buy the bike there.nd then if poss import it to India but as sme of my frnds informed me doin this wld make me pay a additional duty of about 200%...phewww.neways the latter is not sure.many people had posted that the Kwacker's are relatively expensive to maintain nd are more fragile.are we talking of situation in India coz of our roads or its universal.also nother confusion was to go for the YZF R6 which is

or the YZF R6s ie.

nd by the way on the Yamaha website the R6 is mentioned as the 2006 model nd the R6s is the 2007 model.
also on the other hand i had another question.how reliable wld buying used bikes be? coz i checked the site Localriders.com(happens to really resemble our site) they had real good deals.lik this particular ZX6r only 800 miles done nd bout a year nd hlf done for 5500$ isnt that cool.well lotta questions...
till then happy riding
cheers...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th August 2006 at 12:20.
Old 9th August 2006, 11:54   #2
BHPian

If you are going to the US, it would be better to buy a bike there...
Old 9th August 2006, 11:56   #3
BHPian

If you have riden sport bikes before, and can control them well, the ZX-6R would be a better bet...

That bike is a maniac when it comes to handling, you'll have great fun with it.
Old 9th August 2006, 12:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

Buy the one you think looks better and, if you can get any seat time on them, pick the one on which you feel more comfortable and confident. That's the key to going fast on any bike.

There is no difference in maintenance of these bikes. You change the oil and filters as you would on any of them. However, the Kwacker does have a higher compression ratio which could pose a problem with our fuel.
Old 9th August 2006, 13:47   #5

R6 or R6S

2007 or 2006 "R6S" is basically a 2005 R6 without inverted front forks without radial mount brakes and it lacks other goodies too. It is for those people who wants to save money (it is around $1000 cheaper than a R6).
But the 2006 R6 is the latest model of R6 with technologies derived from moto gp.

If you are planning to get a bike in US then you will get lots of options in new as well as used bikes.

Quote:
they had real good deals.lik this particular ZX6r only 800 miles done nd bout a year nd hlf done for 5500$ isnt that cool.
Remeber above this price you'll be paying insurance for your bike too (this is important as the bike theft rate is pretty high). And I tell you that is expensive. I have got quotes from insurance companies in the range of more than $3000/yr for a new gixxer...

keep riding..
Old 9th August 2006, 13:55   #6
BHPian

I would advice you the R6, trust me nothing comes close to that beast in its segment if you want FTR factor in it IMHO, though i dont like the 6R much.
Old 9th August 2006, 19:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Both the bikes are good and exhibit a whole lotta character. There is very little differnce between the two, atleast for a novice to notice.
Like RT said, pick the one that you think you might be more comfotable riding.

manson.
Old 9th August 2006, 23:36   #8

This might help (it gives a comprehensive comparison of middleweight superbikes)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=3301&Page=1 (Street)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=3382&Page=1 (Track)
Old 10th August 2006, 00:14   #9
BHPian

thanks a ton

hey thanks a ton guy's.really.did really clear some confusion of mine.and thanks especially to Veyronish.your site proved to be extremely helpfull.well i think from what turbo and Rtech suggested i think i should be going for the R6 as i don't have a real great experience of riding these bikes.well Veyronish shall message u further if i need any info.thanks again.
Old 10th August 2006, 16:25   #10
BHPian

dude well latest r6 is just awesome,,,well 6r is fastest,,but R6 is good in looks,,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks