Team-BHP - 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/159011-4-cylinder-naked-bike-under-10-lakhs-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan_ned (Post 3616985)
The popular opinion is going for Z800.
I strongly recommend that bike not only for it's superb engine, but for the practical purpose as well. The biggest advantage that one gets with the Kawasaki is it's after-sales-service support in India. Yes, there are various other options coming up like Honda CBR600F, Benilli 600, etc., and they may be slightly cheaper than Z800, but they are yet to establish their after-sales-service support. To me, that is the MOST important thing.

I am guessing you have had a good experience with the Kawasaki dealership and after sales support. Well in my case its been the opposite, so much so that my bike has never gone back to Kawasaki pune or Palm beach road, even for the first service.

Its not only about after sales support, its about how the staff treats a customer as well, plus the availability of parts. I am sure one would not want to keep his vehicle standing for a few months due to non availability of parts. Kawasaki takes 2 months to bring in a small wire, which they claimed they had in stock. Till then i had the wire replaced on my own and took 4 days to arrive.

The best overall experience has been with Honda. They take maximum 2 weeks for parts they don't have, the staff is courteous, service guys are good and know their job. I would definately stick with Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3617121)
I am guessing you have had a good experience with the Kawasaki dealership and after sales support. Well in my case its been the opposite, so much so that my bike has never gone back to Kawasaki pune or Palm beach road, even for the first service.

Its not only about after sales support, its about how the staff treats a customer as well, plus the availability of parts. I am sure one would not want to keep his vehicle standing for a few months due to non availability of parts. Kawasaki takes 2 months to bring in a small wire, which they claimed they had in stock. Till then i had the wire replaced on my own and took 4 days to arrive..

That's really sad to hear, but my experience was completely opposite both with getting the bike from Kawasaki in Pune and getting it serviced in Bangalore. Service was booked the day before and all the work I needed got done in a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VellVector (Post 3617205)
That's really sad to hear, but my experience was completely opposite both with getting the bike from Kawasaki in Pune and getting it serviced in Bangalore. Service was booked the day before and all the work I needed got done in a day.

Which service center in Bangalore are you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 3617248)
Which service center in Bangalore are you using?

I think there is only one Kawasaki center in Bangalore, it is the Khivraj motors place on Kasturba road. They have a small separate section behind the KTM service area.

Hmm, I was told by the Showroom near Mekhri circle that they will service my bike too. So not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 3617370)
Hmm, I was told by the Showroom near Mekhri circle that they will service my bike too. So not sure.

All Kawasaki CBU Import bikes - Z800, Z1000, 10R and 14R are serviced at Kasturba road service centre. N250 & N650 are not serviced here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 3617370)

The Ninja 250 and 650 are sold and serviced through Probiking. All Kawaskai CBU bikes are sold through a Kawasaki showroom and serviced through the Kawasaki service center in Kasturba road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 (Post 3610998)
Hello BHP'ians,

I am about to book a new Z800 for daily use in Mumbai. Daily usage would be a ride from home to office which is about 3 kms one way. Also may take it out in the night to Marine drive and back for a ride.

I am looking at a max budget of about 10 lakhs. Request all to please guide which is the best naked sports bike under 10 lakhs and yes it must must and must be a proper 4 cylinder bike and not a parallel twin or a triple.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs...Thanks!!!

After I read this post, I called for a Z800 for a review.

Was mighty impressed by how forgiving the motor is. You can ride the bikes at speeds as low as 35-38 kmph in top gear and then pull all the way up to the redline.

Weight is a problem when moving the bike back & forth, but on the go, its very well balanced.

For city commuting, I don't think there is any problem at all. Your feet when down are fairly behind the engine, hence, heat isn't too much of a problem.

Only one major issue, as is the case with all supernaked - WINDBLAST. It is just tiring if riding long distances on high speed.

Thanks to all your valued opinions and comments..I was able to make a clear decision. The Happy news is that monies have been paid to Pune Showroom and a Black Devil (Z800) has been booked.

They have promised me delivery in 15-20 days and I sincerely hope they manage the same as I have already paid for the number and the receipt is valid only for 30 days. As of now I have made the full payment for the bike, without a test drive or actually seeing one in the flesh. I have been chasing the guys at the Pune showroom for more than 2 months now, but whenever I have called they say the bike is out for a Media event.

If there is so much demand by the Media, why do they not have a separate bike for Media activities and another one for the prospective customers seeking test rides. The most frustrating part is they do not have a bike available for test rides in Mumbai. Most of the affluent and prospective customers in Maharashtra are naturally gonna be based in Mumbai and you cant offer them test rides more so somebody travelling from Mumbai to Pune for a test ride will naturally do it on a Saturday to avoid skipping work and it is never available on Saturdays.

The marketing team at Kawasaki really needs to get their act together as it is after all the customer who is gonna be paying for the bike and bringing sales for the company not the Media. The Media can only help create the hype and bring the customer till your showroom, but if you cant let the customer feel the product, then the conversion ratio of prospective to actual customers is gonna be abysmally low for Kawasaki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 3617421)
All Kawasaki CBU Import bikes - Z800, Z1000, 10R and 14R are serviced at Kasturba road service centre. N250 & N650 are not serviced here.

Hi Djay99,

I need your advice and anybody else who is reading this post and owns a Z800. I have booked a Z800 this week, but the problem is still have not got a test ride. I only have one doubt. I am 5 feet 7 and heavy approx 110 kgs. I currently ride a classic 500 and I am very comfortable with the bike. Weight of the Z800 should not be an issue as my classic weighs 190 Kgs and the Z800 weighs 231 Kgs. My doubt is about the seating position. How comfortable is it. Do you think I will be able to ride this bike comfortably???

Need all the guidance I can get on this one guys...please helpplease:

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

At your height i would suggest you to get a riding boot with slightly taller sole, at 5 10" am just about ok on the bike. Seats are on the stiffer side, so you might want to do something about em if you are looking at all day touring on the bike. Otherwise as long as you are careful absolutely NO issues with the bike, infact i just love the super smooth electric motor of an engine!

Electric motor? I'm confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 (Post 3625498)
Hi Djay99,

I need your advice and anybody else who is reading this post and owns a Z800. I have booked a Z800 this week, but the problem is still have not got a test ride. I only have one doubt. I am 5 feet 7 and heavy approx 110 kgs. I currently ride a classic 500 and I am very comfortable with the bike. Weight of the Z800 should not be an issue as my classic weighs 190 Kgs and the Z800 weighs 231 Kgs. My doubt is about the seating position. How comfortable is it. Do you think I will be able to ride this bike comfortably???

Need all the guidance I can get on this one guys...please helpplease:

Congrats on booking z800.

Weight of z800 is mainly visible when moving back and forth while parking. On the move you would hardly notice it as it is easy to ride.

For your height you will be tip toeing and this can get you tired when riding in city traffic. You may buy a lowering kit to reduce seat height.

This bike is great for touring if you make following changes:
Install handle bar riser & add some foam to front seat. Should cost 5k for this job. Rear seat is comfy.

I have done a 250km trip and had no issues.

Engine, chassis, ride quality and braking is fantastic on this bike. So it can be a good touring bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3625535)
At your height i would suggest you to get a riding boot with slightly taller sole, at 5 10" am just about ok on the bike. Seats are on the stiffer side, so you might want to do something about em if you are looking at all day touring on the bike. Otherwise as long as you are careful absolutely NO issues with the bike, infact i just love the super smooth electric motor of an engine!

Careuful with what?
And i guess you meant super smooth i4 motor and not electric :)

My comments on the Z800:

- I guess Jaggu was using the simile of an electric motor
- Seat is definitely on the hard side, particularly in comparison to the striple
- At 5 7' the seat height would be a noticeable issue
- Weight is a problem _only_ at very low speeds and one needs to be mentally and physically alert to a reasonable degree (else you _will_ drop the bike)
- Long rides are not a problem but IMHO it's not exactly what the bike is built for
- Seating position is alright; I tried 20mm handlebar risers for a while but reverted to stock since I felt handling to be compromised (a vague / lighter front end manifesting primarily as pronounced wobbles at uneven surfaces and secondarily as pushing the front in sharp turns)
- The engine is an absolute gem, which I can confidently say is the only thing I'm crazy about in the bike (while the engine is the only thing I didn't like in the striple)
- Handles well, but striple is way more nimble (you can feel the difference in an almost alarming manner when switching from the Z800 to striple in back-to-back runs)
- Clutch may feel a bit hard to some, but won't be noticeable to someone with say RD350 or similar backgrounds. Ditto with heating issues
- The engine is not particularly loud, which might get to you in time and trigger thoughts of aftermarket exhausts
- Attracts way too much attention, which can be a problem or otherwise depending on how you look at it and more importantly, depending on the situation (eg: other vehicles drifting way too close - some sort of target fixation or something. Had a car's front tire grinding against my right shoe once). Either way, it's guaranteed to excite and attract one too many umm interesting characters in traffic or parking situations, you know the kind who you'd soon want to dip in honey and stake out on an ant hill or something
- The lack of a gear indicator is a minor irritation
- Short gearing: you might find yourself searching for that 7th gear a bit too often
- I'll conclude by noting that, at least for me, all is forgiven once that engine wakes up

Absolutely love the looks of the Z800 !!! Have seen a few of them on the roads of Bangalore !!

Any idea as to how the seat height can be lowered for the Z800. Is it possible to get it done from the guys at Kawasaki???