Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 11:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

You will have to buy a lowering kit to reduce seat height. Kawasaki service centre guy's can install it provided they have knowledge which i doubt.

You can click on http://www.lustracing.co.uk/lowering-kits.html to know more.
This is an expensive kit though and i feel not worth the money.
Old 19th January 2015, 11:08   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Electric motor? I'm confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Careuful with what?
And i guess you meant super smooth i4 motor and not electric
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
My comments on the Z800:

- I guess Jaggu was using the simile of an electric motor
- Seat is definitely on the hard side, particularly in comparison to the striple
- At 5 7' the seat height would be a noticeable issue
- Weight is a problem _only_ at very low speeds and one needs to be mentally and physically alert to a reasonable degree (else you _will_ drop the bike)
- Long rides are not a problem but IMHO it's not exactly what the bike is built for
- Seating position is alright; I tried 20mm handlebar risers for a while but reverted to stock since I felt handling to be compromised (a vague / lighter front end manifesting primarily as pronounced wobbles at uneven surfaces and secondarily as pushing the front in sharp turns)
- The engine is an absolute gem, which I can confidently say is the only thing I'm crazy about in the bike (while the engine is the only thing I didn't like in the striple)
- Handles well, but striple is way more nimble (you can feel the difference in an almost alarming manner when switching from the Z800 to striple in back-to-back runs)
- Clutch may feel a bit hard to some, but won't be noticeable to someone with say RD350 or similar backgrounds. Ditto with heating issues
- The engine is not particularly loud, which might get to you in time and trigger thoughts of aftermarket exhausts
- Attracts way too much attention, which can be a problem or otherwise depending on how you look at it and more importantly, depending on the situation (eg: other vehicles drifting way too close - some sort of target fixation or something. Had a car's front tire grinding against my right shoe once). Either way, it's guaranteed to excite and attract one too many umm interesting characters in traffic or parking situations, you know the kind who you'd soon want to dip in honey and stake out on an ant hill or something
- The lack of a gear indicator is a minor irritation
- Short gearing: you might find yourself searching for that 7th gear a bit too often
- I'll conclude by noting that, at least for me, all is forgiven once that engine wakes up
Motor has summed it up superbly! well he is my good friend whom i tried converting to a Striple, but he held on to the inline 4 dream and i say he made a great choice with the bike

We both had done a short ride 2 weeks back and exchanged around the bikes to get a feel of how both were. For me i just love the Z's engine, its frigging smooooooth "like an electric motor" whereas my street is angry and grunting and my choice obviously is the Z's silent purr. Well its not that silent if you whack it open.

Handling and weight somehow i did not feel it as a big issue, maybe since i am also 80 more towards 90 kg, yes Striple likes to salsa around where as the Z is more of a ballerina and i love em both. Brakes i definitely felt Z was better and honestly for my frame it does not need bar risers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th January 2015 at 11:11.
Old 20th January 2015, 18:24   #48
BHPian

I have spoken to the guys at Kawasaki in Pune and they told me they can get the seat lowering kit for approx 7K. Have asked him to deliver the bike only after lowering the seat and not otherwise as I definitely will need the seat to be lower. Thanks all for the valuable suggestions.
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 19:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
I have spoken to the guys at Kawasaki in Pune and they told me they can get the seat lowering kit for approx 7K. Have asked him to deliver the bike only after lowering the seat and not otherwise as I definitely will need the seat to be lower. Thanks all for the valuable suggestions.
Congrats Merc Lover. Welcome to the Z Club!

I suppose you got it at the discount price. Great deal. Did you book the Green or Black? Do you know if discounts are being offered for the Green model as well?
Old 20th January 2015, 21:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess they are talking about lust racing lowering kit. It comes in 2 different sizes - 25mm and 40mm. Which one are you opting?
Even if you opt for 25mm, please be careful while riding over big speed breakers.
Old 21st January 2015, 10:17   #51
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

thanks djay99 will check with the dealership and will make a special note of your comment regarding the speed breaker thing...really appreciate your help..Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats Merc Lover. Welcome to the Z Club!

I suppose you got it at the discount price. Great deal. Did you book the Green or Black? Do you know if discounts are being offered for the Green model as well?
Well what do you mean at the discounted price. All I know is that they have cut 50k on the ex-showroom price and they charged me as under:

1. 7,37,000 - Ex. Showroom Price
2 20 something - Insurance
3. 10000 - Temp Registeration - Which I Dont agree with.

Total: 7,67,000/-

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st January 2015 at 11:41. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 10:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Well what do you mean at the discounted price. All I know is that they have cut 50k on the ex-showroom price and they charged me as under:

1. 7,37,000 - Ex. Showroom Price
2 20 something - Insurance
3. 10000 - Temp Registeration - Which I Dont agree with.

Total: 7,67,000/-
Yup I mean the 50K discount.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:35   #53
BHPian

50 K cut is across the board for all Z800 bikes.

The ex showroom price for the Z800 has been reduced by 50K irrespective of the colour you buy.
Old 21st January 2015, 15:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
[b]3. 10000 - Temp Registeration - Which I Dont agree with.
Why are you taking the bike on a temp registration? I had a huge issue getting my bike registered when I brought it to Bangalore from Pune on the temp registration.

Why not get the bike registered on delivery?
Old 21st January 2015, 17:25   #55
BHPian

My RTO agent has spoken to the guys at Kawasaki and given them a list of papers required. Believe me the guys is very proficient.
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:36   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please confirm it is the ex-Showroom? The Kawasaki guys here are lowering it on OTR price. (Which I think is wrong)
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:53   #57
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys, Can someone share more information on the Z800.
- Can the Z800 be booked / bought in Mumbai? Or is it available only in Pune? If Pine, how will the bike be delivered to Mumbai?
- The 50,000 price cut on the bike - how does it differ if it is on the ex showroom or the OTR?
- What would be the exact (or approximate) breakup of the OTR price?
- Is the bike available only in 2 colours - Black and Black/Green? Are any other colours expected?
Old 24th January 2015, 03:12   #58
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend sent me this PIC about Kawasaki's test drive event in Navi Mumbai. Useful for those looking to buy a Kawasaki superbike.
Attached Thumbnails
4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs-img20150124wa0003.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 14:26   #59
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Merc_lover666,

Did you get delivery of your Z800? I see your delivery date almost coincided with the date when SNK Bajaj (Pune dealer) delivered 20 Z800's. Were you one of the lucky ones?
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:50   #60

Quote:
Hello BHP'ians,

I am about to book a new Z800 for daily use in Mumbai. Daily usage would be a ride from home to office which is about 3 kms one way. Also may take it out in the night to Marine drive and back for a ride.
I own a Z800 and I can attest to its wide versatility. You can drop the bike in to 6th gear as low as 40kmph and it pulls along beautifully without needing to change gears. From 60 I have taken it to over 200 kmph and it is effortless.

I also own a CB600 Hornet and in comparison the Z800 stance is high. I am 5'8" and it is tough planting both my legs on the ground. One leg, yes. The steering turning radius also leaves a little to be desired when compared to the Hornet.

The Street Triple is a good bike. Definitely agile, but then it that size range there are quite a few bikes to look at. And the Z800 is no slouch.

In terms of refinement, there is no comparison. The Z800 is pure butter. Silk smooth and keeps going. Sorry but Triumph does not Triumph in my books.

Also the attitude of the dealers and the company needs to be examined closely. I found Kawasaki company officials very involved and caring. May be since my bike was the first on the road in India.

Again here the Triumph sales organisation does not score as high. And this is despite the Triumph dealer in Bangalore being a friend and a member of our Rotary Club.
Develish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks