Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 11:50   #16
BHPian

Re: 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

If you are willing to wait for a couple of months and insist on 4cyls, I would suggest that you wait for the CBR650F
Old 30th December 2014, 12:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

ST is easy to ride in city and i agree it is flickable. But lack of low end torque makes you to slip clutch during take off. You have to rev (more in 1st gear) to gain momentum and this makes ride uncomfortable in b2b city traffic.

Are you sure riding ST3 was @ next level compared to FZ1? ( I guess you are commenting this based on city rideability alone).
You are comparing 79PS vs 150PS bike. I hope you have taken FZ1 post 6K revs to see how fierce the acceleration is.

For your height, ST3 is much better option since seat height is 800mm. You will tip-toe on other bikes mentioned in this post.a
I agree about the low end torque. Yes, ST3 was better than FZ1 and I meant about riding in the city. FZ1 is a monster in highways.
Old 31st December 2014, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for the Z800. I think it really is a value for money product and with ample power in your wrists.

Looking at some of the other BHP'ians bike, it is very mod friendly with so many bolt on parts available online and in local markets.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:34   #19
BHPian

Now I am getting Greedy here...Any chance I could get my hands on a used Z800???
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 14:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
Now I am getting Greedy here...Any chance I could get my hands on a used Z800???
New Z800 is available for 8.77L in Pune (Outside LBT area) and i guess it should cost roughly same amount if you register in Panvel, Airoli or other navi mumbai area (except thane). 8.7L is a really cool deal considering that we guy's here in KA paid over 9.6L for same bike with pathetic infra.

Feeling of buying a New bike is entirely different that too when you can afford one. All the best.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 17:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
As many have already said, the Z800 is a brilliant I4 bike. But if you are planning to use it on an everyday basis, two points I only noted after I got the bike.

1. It is reasonably heavy, so please take a decent test drive in the conditions you will ride the bike before you book it.

2. It has quite a wide turing radius.

If these things are ok with you, then go ahead you definitely won't regret it either way.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Nothing beats Z800 under 10 lacs. Street Triple is a bit more easy to live with due to its 47kg less weight in comparison to Z800 but I am not sure if lot of people would like to go for a controversial bike like Street Triple. Although whenever somebody decides to go for a Superbike, he already got the mindset to own a heavy bike which is zillion times faster than normal bikes we Indians are familiar with and have a lot different low speed handling.

But whatever you decides, you are the WINNER
Old 4th January 2015, 18:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
As many have already said, the Z800 is a brilliant I4 bike. But if you are planning to use it on an everyday basis, two points I only noted after I got the bike.

1. It is reasonably heavy, so please take a decent test drive in the conditions you will ride the bike before you book it.

2. It has quite a wide turing radius.

If these things are ok with you, then go ahead you definitely won't regret it either way.
Competitors bike have similar turning radius and Z800 is equally good or bad. Yeah but Z1000 is bad IMO.

When i rode street triple in tight b2b traffic near majestic, it was equally good or bad when it came to ease of riding when compared to Z800.
But the issue is mainly with our traffic where other motorists do not allow us to ride smoothly. I feel it is easy to ride in moderate traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
Nothing beats Z800 under 10 lacs. Street Triple is a bit more easy to live with due to its 47kg less weight in comparison to Z800 but I am not sure if lot of people would like to go for a controversial bike like Street Triple. Although whenever somebody decides to go for a Superbike, he already got the mindset to own a heavy bike which is zillion times faster than normal bikes we Indians are familiar with and have a lot different low speed handling.

But whatever you decides, you are the WINNER
Have you ridden either ST or Z800. If not then please ride one to see difference & you will be amazed to see low speed handling/rideability. I am more comfortable on my Z800 than my Scooty Zest (weighs just 98KG).
Old 4th January 2015, 18:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Have you ridden either ST or Z800. If not then please ride one to see difference & you will be amazed to see low speed handling/rideability. I am more comfortable on my Z800 than my Scooty Zest (weighs just 98KG).
Yes djay99, I rode these two and many more. I can safely tell that naked are way better in tackling slow traffic and turns than full blown super sports but you can't compare the reassurance of the handling of SBK with a scooty which is no game. Compare it with a R15 or RC390 and you will get my point.
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 21:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Competitors bike have similar turning radius and Z800 is equally good or bad. Yeah but Z1000 is bad IMO.
I have not really checked on the ST but my Honda CB600F has a much tighter turning radius than my Z800. Anyways I do not use my bike to ride in the city traffic so the Z800 was definitely the better bike for me.

The weight factor will make a huge difference in heavy bumper to bumper traffic of a daily commute. It is better that the buyer is sure that the bike works for him, rather than regret it at a later stage.
Old 4th January 2015, 21:54   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
My vote goes for the Z800. I think it really is a value for money product and with ample power in your wrists.

Looking at some of the other BHP'ians bike, it is very mod friendly with so many bolt on parts available online and in local markets.
+1 Z800 is really very cool. Have you thought about Benelli 600i? Its an in line 4 cylinder, easy on the wallet as well. 3 cylinder Benelli 800 is also a good option.
Old 5th January 2015, 10:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnaik7 View Post
+1 Z800 is really very cool. Have you thought about Benelli 600i? Its an in line 4 cylinder, easy on the wallet as well. 3 cylinder Benelli 800 is also a good option.
True Patnaik! I think the 899 could easily fit within the 10 lakh range or maybe just above. Would be really interesting to see their pricing strategy.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
Yes djay99, I rode these two and many more. I can safely tell that naked are way better in tackling slow traffic and turns than full blown super sports but you can't compare the reassurance of the handling of SBK with a scooty which is no game. Compare it with a R15 or RC390 and you will get my point.
More than naked, i would say bikes with upright riding position are easy to ride in city traffic. Yeah i agree on R15/RC390 part- though i never rode them, i was pretty comfortable on a Duke 390.
But modulating throttle becomes a task in b2b traffic on these big bikes. Wish all sbk's had power mode to restrict power for city rides.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 05:41   #29
BHPian

Merc & all

Why isn't the Suzuki Bandit 1200 ever considered during such comparisons? It is a mean bike and has a cult following outside. Surprising, that Suzuki Corporate Marketing is not as aggressive with its bigger bikes in India.
Old 6th January 2015, 09:38   #30
BHPian

The popular opinion is going for Z800.
I strongly recommend that bike not only for it's superb engine, but for the practical purpose as well. The biggest advantage that one gets with the Kawasaki is it's after-sales-service support in India. Yes, there are various other options coming up like Honda CBR600F, Benilli 600, etc., and they may be slightly cheaper than Z800, but they are yet to establish their after-sales-service support. To me, that is the MOST important thing.

ST would have been the ideal bike for both city and highway, but it does not deserve the price tag in comparison with what Z800 is offering (this is just my personal opinion). I would simply say this - Go for a test ride with both Z800 and ST (provided you are okay with the price tag) in heavy traffic conditions and decide for yourself. I am assuming you are interested only in inline-4/inline-3 and not open for the parallel and v-twins.

Last edited by shan_ned : 6th January 2015 at 09:46.

Most Viewed