Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 17:58   #1
BHPian

4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

Hello BHP'ians,

I am about to book a new Z800 for daily use in Mumbai. Daily usage would be a ride from home to office which is about 3 kms one way. Also may take it out in the night to Marine drive and back for a ride.

I am looking at a max budget of about 10 lakhs. Request all to please guide which is the best naked sports bike under 10 lakhs and yes it must must and must be a proper 4 cylinder bike and not a parallel twin or a triple.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs...Thanks!!!
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 21:13   #2
BHPian

The first thing that came into mind after reading the title was the Z800. Super hot looks and a superb sounding 4 cylinder engine! This would be my pick.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 13:58   #3
BHPian

Re: 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

If you dont my going for pre-owned bikes, you can get many FZ1's in the market in your budget. Plus the good thing of going for a used bike is that it might come with some aftermarkets.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:02   #4
BHPian

You can't go wrong with Brand Kawasaki. The reliability, parts and build quality are recognized as being superlative. Plus in Bombay, service and support will be very well handled at the Palm Beach Kawasaki workshop.

The Z800 comes with superb suspension, slick shifts and a slipper clutch to make riding it a breeze. The inline 4 engine effortlessly pulls from a low rpm as well, making it a pleasure to ride in any condition. I would only stick with this as the best option in the price range you mention.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Z800 for sure. But it is very tall, make sure you try the seat first.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 15:59   #6
BHPian

The original poster has answered his own query. If he is not open to triple or parallel twin, then the only choice left is the Z800.

Of course it is a different discussion if he is open to pre owned bikes that can bring in even the litre class into consideration.
Maibaa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 17:13   #7
BHPian

There is only ONE inline-4 bike in sub 10L range, and it is Z800 :-)

But, if you want to try out one more option, you can wait for Benelli 600 and make the decision.

Despite the detuning fiasco, ST3, though note an i4 is a very good bike
Old 29th December 2014, 18:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

You have already short listed the best option. The Z800 will make a great buy and will suit your needs perfectly, given your criteria. The handles are a little front set, so it's not entirely relaxed, but for short runs i don't see it being a problem. Lot of the reviews say it dampens broken road pretty nicely, so Marine Drive should be comfortable if you stick to reasonable speeds.

The only issue is that it's pretty centre heavy, so it won't be nimble in Mumbai traffic.

Last edited by Tushar : 29th December 2014 at 18:26.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:36   #9
Team-BHP Support

How much more does the CB-1000 & FZ-1 cost over the -Z?
Old 29th December 2014, 18:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
IIRC, they costs 2 or 2.5L more. CB1000 was around 11L in chennai.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:49   #11
BHPian

My two cents: Unless you're hell bent on not having a triple, I'd suggest riding the Street Triple before making a decision. I've ridden both and the Striple is much more flickable, a boon in city traffic.

Although there are quite a few well kept FZs and CBs in case you are open to buying used, but I'd still put my money on the Striple if city ride were my main usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
IIRC, they costs 2 or 2.5L more. CB1000 was around 11L in chennai.
According to the HMSI website it's more than that.
Attached Thumbnails
4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs-honda.jpg  

Old 29th December 2014, 21:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
My two cents: Unless you're hell bent on not having a triple, I'd suggest riding the Street Triple before making a decision. I've ridden both and the Striple is much more flickable, a boon in city traffic.

Although there are quite a few well kept FZs and CBs in case you are open to buying used, but I'd still put my money on the Striple if city ride were my main usage.

According to the HMSI website it's more than that.
I agree. It was so easy to drive in city. Never felt more comfortable on any other bike. I was using my friend's FZ1 for over a month. The bike is pretty good but riding ST3 was next level.

Sorry about the pricing, its been a long time. I guess it was introduced with 9.xxL ex showroom. Forgot the fact that the prices keep increasing.

CB1000 should be a comfortable bike looking at the stance (never sat on one). FZ1 will suit you if you're tall and well built (I m neither). I'm 5'4" and 55kgs. Trust me, ST3 was super comfortable for me.
Old 30th December 2014, 09:57   #13
BHPian

Hmm, A Street Triple costing approx 9 lakhs with 79bhp or a Kawa Ninja 650 with 72bhp costing around 6 lakhs? The differences being an extra cylinder...... I wonder...
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 11:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Merc_Lover
If you are considering NEW I4 bike within 10L, there is only one option Z800. It is overall a very nice bike.
ST3 with 79PS @ over 9L cannot be compared with Z800. Both have different characteristic and come in different size.

You may consider Benelli bikes if you can wait for some time. They look good and might come at an attractive price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I agree. It was so easy to drive in city. Never felt more comfortable on any other bike. I was using my friend's FZ1 for over a month. The bike is pretty good but riding ST3 was next level.
ST is easy to ride in city and i agree it is flickable. But lack of low end torque makes you to slip clutch during take off. You have to rev (more in 1st gear) to gain momentum and this makes ride uncomfortable in b2b city traffic.

Are you sure riding ST3 was @ next level compared to FZ1? ( I guess you are commenting this based on city rideability alone).
You are comparing 79PS vs 150PS bike. I hope you have taken FZ1 post 6K revs to see how fierce the acceleration is.

FZ1 and CB1000 cost over 14L here in Bangalore and i am sure they cost over 13L in Mumbai. Hence these are ruled out (NEW) as rider has set a budget of 10L.

Quote:
CB1000 should be a comfortable bike looking at the stance (never sat on one). FZ1 will suit you if you're tall and well built (I m neither). I'm 5'4" and 55kgs. Trust me, ST3 was super comfortable for me.
For your height, ST3 is much better option since seat height is 800mm. You will tip-toe on other bikes mentioned in this post.a
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 11:21   #15
Team-BHP Support

If you are about to book i don't think you have any showroom options apart from Z800. It is really a nice bike, slightly heavy but nothing that would seriously hamper if you are about 5'10" plus in height. I would say go for it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks