Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Superbike for everyday use - Budget up to 8 lakhs

Price drop on the z800 by 55,000/- from showroom. Check with your nearest dealer.
Old 12th January 2015, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I agree, that is one reason I will never buy a "niche brand" in India, like Triumph or Harley (though Triumph will always be my dream bike next to Yezdi) - regardless of how rich I get.

In fact, even among Indian manufacturers one of the first criteria I look at is, which dealer is walking distance from my house . I know it may be a bit silly, but makes a LOT of difference when we have to leave the bike for service and fit that into a usually inflexible work schedule. It was also the main reason I ended up selling my Bullet a few years back - since getting it serviced was becoming a tedious, time-consuming thing (nearest service center 15 kms away). And I don't believe in leaving the bike with unauthorized mechanics, I know too many of them personally and unethical things they do (like swap out parts, swap out battery etc).

I guess you may be better off getting a Honda/Yamaha superbike than say, Triumph or Harley, from a maintenance perspective. But if thats a factor, check with the local service centers whether they service superbikes.

In the end I guess owning a super bike comes with the commitment of spending extra time and care for maintaining it. Or do what many people do, and keep the super bike for weekends + a Splendor for daily use .
Im more curious about if the bike has a problem in a remote place. (Like on the highway etc). I already have my daily city commute (Duke 200 and a VW GT TSI)
Old 13th January 2015, 23:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
And yes, I can adjust to the ergonomics of Fireblade and Gixxer for everyday use, havin owned an R15.

Anticipating a lot of opinions and responses.
There are few things which you should consider while getting a super bike for daily use, most of which you might know very well already, first problem about using superbikes in traffic is the huge amount of heat these machines generate, you should also have a closer look at the seating position of these bikes, it will be way more aggressive than R15! and weight of these machines makes it even harder to use them in dense traffic.

Do make sure you save up for things like tyres and other consumables, these machines eat up everything quiet fast and cost of replacing them is not so less.

Will let you know if I come across something
Old 14th January 2015, 16:45   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. But I'm finding it hard to source clean superbikes for sale. Anyone from Chennai who knows clean FZ1s or CB1000Rs or Gixxers for sale, please PM me. Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 16:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. But I'm finding it hard to source clean superbikes for sale. Anyone from Chennai who knows clean FZ1s or CB1000Rs or Gixxers for sale, please PM me. Thanks
Sorry, but PM feature is not enabled for new users, so will past the link here, price doesn't match your budget, but still give it a try http://olx.in/item/i-want-to-sell-ho...tml#72275e646b
Old 17th January 2015, 15:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Sorry, but PM feature is not enabled for new users, so will past the link here, price doesn't match your budget, but still give it a try http://olx.in/item/i-want-to-sell-ho...tml#72275e646b
Thanks a lot. But that might be beyond my budget, and the only way i'm gonna get clean superbikes is by the word of mouth. :P
Old 18th January 2015, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I agree, that is one reason I will never buy a "niche brand" in India, like Triumph or Harley (though Triumph will always be my dream bike next to Yezdi) - regardless of how rich I get.

In fact, even among Indian manufacturers one of the first criteria I look at is, which dealer is walking distance from my house .
Well, the new Harley showroom is a 10 min walk from my home, and the old one and the Triumph dealership are within 5 mins walk from my office!

Last edited by AnkurS : 18th January 2015 at 13:11. Reason: fixed quote
Old 18th January 2015, 14:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. But that might be beyond my budget, and the only way i'm gonna get clean superbikes is by the word of mouth. :P
Yes that is the only was possible I guess, sadly Chennai doesn't have many superbikes as of now. Dealers, if any, would quote insane amount if the bike is a clean one
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:10   #24
BHPian

Re: Living an evolved dream: My 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ownership review

I am looking to purchase a used Ninja 1000 2018 /2019 model. There is a deal I am looking at which is 2018 Ninja 1000 3K kms for 8.5Lakh. Do you guys think its a good deal for a well maintained bike? Can I further bargain? Any suggestions?
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I would'nt suggest an FZ1 for a noobie biker. They are quite raw..no abs, no tcs or any electronic nannies. Cb1000 is a better bet. If you're going the used way a good beginner bike has to be the cbr650f as they are not intimidatingly powerful or heavy, have some basic safety equipment like abs and also maintenance is relatively easy on the pocket. Kawis are quite expensive to maintain and parts are not readily available all the time but the 650s are a solid base for a beginner too. Z800s are too heavy IMO. Also depends on your own physical build. If you're small built, it gets quite embarassing to ask people for help to pull your bike out of tricky parking situations.

There's a lot to consider before one takes the plunge. Make a wise decision and you will enjoy it for years to come instead of a passing fad which I see is more prevalent these days as people just want to brag or pose for a couple of months and move on. The used market is littered with these sort of bikes with next to no miles.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyas View Post
I am looking to purchase a used Ninja 1000 2018 /2019 model. There is a deal I am looking at which is 2018 Ninja 1000 3K kms for 8.5Lakh. Do you guys think its a good deal for a well maintained bike? Can I further bargain? Any suggestions?
No harm bargaining a bit but the price seems good. What aftermarket accessories comes with the bike?
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
I would'nt suggest an FZ1 for a noobie biker. They are quite raw..no abs, no tcs or any electronic nannies. Cb1000 is a better bet...The used market is littered with these sort of bikes with next to no miles.
You've replied to a query posted in 2015. Even I realised the mistake once I reached page 2 Vyas post is the current one
TheVaas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyas View Post
I'd say 8.5 is a fair price given the bike would be under/around 2 years old and has just run 3000 km. Do check the service history with the current owner and check for any falls or other such damages. If everything is clean, go ahead and make an offer. Bangalore in general has a higher resale value on most vehicles, and big bikes aren't an exception. The on-road price for this bike hovered around 12.6-12.7L in 2018, so an asking price of 8.5L is almost a 30-35% depreciation, I'd call that lucrative from a buyer's point of view. Of course, one can argue that BS6 came in, and the 2020 version has more goodies etc, but 8.5L is still a fair price and I wouldn't let this go if I were you. Good luck with the purchase
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks