Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 15:18   #31

Re: Harley Davidson Street 750 - Ownership Review

Hi, Congrats on your bike and thanks! Your posts helped me make up my mind to a great extent. Have booked and paid up for Street 750, Vivid Black. Seven Islands, Mumbai have bikes in stock both Vivid Black and Denim Black and have indicated delivery next week !
cardope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 17:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardope View Post
Hi, Congrats on your bike and thanks! Your posts helped me make up my mind to a great extent. Have booked and paid up for Street 750, Vivid Black. Seven Islands, Mumbai have bikes in stock both Vivid Black and Denim Black and have indicated delivery next week !
Congratulations on your new Street 750! Amazing to get it so quick, for me it was agonising to wait for 3 months.

Welcome to the forum and wishing you many many miles on the bike! Do add to our experience of the bike, when you can.

Ride safe and make sure you get the right safety gear.

Rakesh
Old 30th January 2015, 18:08   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
Congratulations on your new Street 750! Amazing to get it so quick, for me it was agonising to wait for 3 months.

Welcome to the forum and wishing you many many miles on the bike! Do add to our experience of the bike, when you can.

Ride safe and make sure you get the right safety gear.

Rakesh
Hi Rakesh,

Thank you.

They have bikes in stock - both versions of black. I did the money transfer today. It is going for octroi formalities tomorrow and hopefully Monday they will take it to RTO.

So that leaves me with very little time to take a call on accessories and also to explore options other than what Harley offers. Engine guard, back rest and luggage rack is what I am looking for. Would appreciate if any team members can suggest alternate options in Mumbai.

Had joined teambhp more than 3 years ago when I bought a used Skoda Superb V6. Never got around to sharing ownership experience. Will share riding experience for sure this time around.

Bijoy
cardope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 11:34   #34
BHPian

Hi Rakesh,

I remember you mentioning that rynox nomad won't fit on the street, I'm wondering why would that be. I'm deeply in love with the nomad and plan to buy for my solo ride next week from Hyderabad to Delhi. Although I have a superlow, but I think the spacing between the seats and the silencer is almost the same for both of our bikes. Issue is that I don't have my bike here in Hyderabad to try it on. I've seen it on Iron883 though, so was wondering should I buy it or not.
This goes to other Harley veterans as well and please let me know your thoughts. I don't have much time as I'll reach delhi on Wednesday and my solo ride starts on thu morning.
Cheers!

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 31st January 2015 at 11:35.
Old 31st January 2015, 13:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hi Rakesh,

I remember you mentioning that rynox nomad won't fit on the street, I'm wondering why would that be. I'm deeply in love with the nomad and plan to buy for my solo ride next week from Hyderabad to Delhi. Although I have a superlow, but I think the spacing between the seats and the silencer is almost the same for both of our bikes. Issue is that I don't have my bike here in Hyderabad to try it on. I've seen it on Iron883 though, so was wondering should I buy it or not.
This goes to other Harley veterans as well and please let me know your thoughts. I don't have much time as I'll reach delhi on Wednesday and my solo ride starts on thu morning.
Cheers!
Rynox Nomad V2 is probably the best thing you can have, though a bit expensive. It has 64 ltrs of space put together and extremely well crafted to withstand all kinds of stress. No other brand has anything close to it.

I was also a bit foxed, when they told me that it will not fit. The guy in Rynox asked me if the seat was split (??) as its mainly designed for likes of Dukes. The bags are connected with two straps across, rather than a whole seat connecter of Stacker. Nomad's size is a bit bigger than the stacker model I bought.

I feel I could go for the Nomad. IMO Nomad should fit your bike or mine. As long as the bag doesn't touch the exhaust, everything will work. And my guess is it won't, as Stacker leaves enough room between itself and exhaust to fit a larger bag like Nomad. I also understand in the way its configured and shaped, pillion is not very comfortable keeping legs on the footrest (some reviews I had read), but if you reverse the bag (Front to back) it works like a charm. You will though need to access water bottle from the behind of the bag

I also suggest you talk to the Rynox guy in Mumbai and place order accordingly. They are very helpful and service is top notch. I'm quite certain they'll ship the bags overnight to your place for your ride.

Please let me know once you have discussed this with Rynox, as I'm also planning to buy it for longer trips.

Have a good trip, and ride safe!
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 11:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Rynox Nomad V2 is probably the best thing you can have, though a bit expensive. It has 64 ltrs of space put together and extremely well crafted to withstand all kinds of stress. No other brand has anything close to it.

I was also a bit foxed, when they told me that it will not fit. The guy in Rynox asked me if the seat was split (??) as its mainly designed for likes of Dukes.

I also suggest you talk to the Rynox guy in Mumbai and place order accordingly. They are very helpful and service is top notch. I'm quite certain they'll ship the bags overnight to your place for your ride.

Please let me know once you have discussed this with Rynox, as I'm also planning to buy it for longer trips.

Have a good trip, and ride safe!
Thanks mate. I did speak to the Rynox guys and they said it'll fit perfectly on my superlow if it has the pillion seat (which I have). I also saw a pic of nomad on an iron883 and you are right, the pillion's legs look a bit cramped up due to it.

They suggested me that I take my bike to the dealer and try it before buying, which makes sense. However I'm a bit short on time and confused as to buy it anyway (since I am in Hyd and the bike is in Delhi). The Hyderabad dealer has it in stock too.

By the way, do you carry the puncture kit and the foot-pump with you? If yes , how much space do they occupy?
Old 1st February 2015, 20:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Thanks mate. I did speak to the Rynox guys and they said it'll fit perfectly on my superlow if it has the pillion seat (which I have). I also saw a pic of nomad on an iron883 and you are right, the pillion's legs look a bit cramped up due to it.

They suggested me that I take my bike to the dealer and try it before buying, which makes sense. However I'm a bit short on time and confused as to buy it anyway (since I am in Hyd and the bike is in Delhi). The Hyderabad dealer has it in stock too.

By the way, do you carry the puncture kit and the foot-pump with you? If yes , how much space do they occupy?
About Rynox Nomad, if you reverse it, the pillion will have sufficient space for the legs to reach the footrest. Because the front of the bags are pointed on one side, they tend to interfere. The other side is straight, so it works.

I carry this in my Cramster tank bag, including the air pump and puncture kit.

Harley Davidson Street 750 - Ownership Review-tools1.jpg

The air pump is about 5 inches x 5 inches. Puncture kit are the 2 needles on the right (next to the nose plier) and the puncture sealant is in the right pocket, which is like a small strip. The tool bag shown here is a foldable and similar to CD bases in the olden times. All this together goes into a Cramster Tank bag along with my glasses, a bottle of water, some eats, medicines and other knick knacks. The wheel spanner of course fits in the tank bag straight I carry about 3-4 kgs on it and no issues. I'm sure I can carry a kg more, easily.

Perhaps you could get a tank bag, they work well for keeping a lot of things. Its a very useful thing to have. Rynox tank bag is again the best IMO.

Take care and I hope you get your bags soon. Have a good trip.

Rakesh
Old 1st February 2015, 22:04   #38
BHPian

Replaced the bike stock bulb with OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H4 60/55W bulb. It works like a charm, the light is much much brighter (very slightly blue-ish on the headlight, but white on the road). I would say its a 50% improvement, if not more. The light moves a bit lower compared to the stock (maybe because of the way bulb may be built), so adjusted the beam a bit higher by adjusting the vertical adjustment nut located below the headlight.

Cost was 1900 for a pair (could've been a bit cheaper online. I bought it from a local shop). The other H4, along with the stock one can now be kept as backup.

Did a solo of 160 Kms today, it was great. The bike has done almost 1800 Kms and feeling better everyday. While I could ride over 100kmph, the mirrors blurred completely. The vibrations are there to stay. It was a windy day and on a couple of occasions it was a bit scary to have vehicles passing you by.

Over time, with my experience, I'm being led to believe that a windshield (while it looks lame on this bike) may be a good solution to a long and less fatigue ride.

Cramster jacket is doing its job well. So far there are no misplaced stitches, weakening velcro or loose buttons. And its pleasurably airy on a hot day. Can't say that about Cramster Flux or TRG2. Both hurt on long rides and leave creases on my hands.

Truth is for long rides, pick the best quality gloves you can afford. Else you're going to be tired sooner than you should be.

Hope all of you had a great weekend!

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th February 2015 at 14:21. Reason: high speed figures edited out. Please do not mention speeds over the legal limit unless it was on a closed circuit.
Old 1st February 2015, 23:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did a solo of 160 Kms today, it was great. The bike has done almost 1800 Kms and feeling better everyday. While I could ride over 100kmph, the mirrors blurred completely. The vibrations are there to stay. It was a windy day and on a couple of occasions it was a bit scary to have vehicles passing you by.
Hi Rakesh , how are the brakes now ? Did you have any oh scary moments with it ?

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th February 2015 at 14:22. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 2nd February 2015, 00:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hi Rakesh , how are the brakes now ? Did you have any oh scary moments with it ?
So far not really. But I'm aware that it locks. On a couple of occasions I had braked harder than required when nearing speed bumps. The front wheel got locked and it did screech. I could attribute this also to my rusted riding skills. But the bike is not very forgiving if you don't balance well with both brakes.

It can prove to be dangerous specifically while leaning, if you're trying to plant your front assertively for grip. Thats why this bike pushes in a straight line, as you're always a bit apprehensive on brakes. Only seasoned riders can perhaps manage good lean, not someone who is rusted like me. Which reminds me that right lean proves to be even more difficult as you have the exhaust sticking out. While in reality, it may not be a huge impediment, you will tend to be careful and thus your leans are not happening as they should.

Overall the bite is better than before and I guess if you have stickier tyres (Michelins) with stronger break setup (which means you get the larger\more expensive disks and linings) it should be then a different story. There is potential, but at a cost.

In this version of Street 750 I do not see this improving. Harley is not known to change anything, within a model. They will make it available at a cost.

Look at their stupid mirrors! They haven't changed for dog years

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th February 2015 at 14:22. Reason: quoted post edited.
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:04   #41
BHPian

Rakesh,

Firstly, congrats on your bike! I got my Street on 28/10. Totally agree with the stuff you say it makes you do! I didn't ever think I would wake up at 5AM on 2-3 weekends a month !

Could you PM me the details of where you got the seat done? I have been looking for a place to get it done for a while.

Also, you could leave me your number if you would like to join the India and Bangalore Street groups and the LLB group.

Happy miles... keep the rubber side down!
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Replaced the bike stock bulb with OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H4 60/55W bulb. It works like a charm, the light is much much brighter (very slightly blue-ish on the headlight, but white on the road).
Rakesh, Are you sure you got the ONB+ ? Nightbreaker plus are known to have nice bright yellow light close to daylight and this is the first time am getting to know of the bluish/white tinge on ONB+

(my cars are on ONB+ FYI)
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Rakesh, Are you sure you got the ONB+ ? Nightbreaker plus are known to have nice bright yellow light close to daylight and this is the first time am getting to know of the bluish/white tinge on ONB+

(my cars are on ONB+ FYI)
The ONB plus I got this time has a blue coating on half the bulb. And the light is white and quite powerful. They claim it provides 90% more light compared to a standard bulb, which could be true, as I see a huge difference.

The bulb is made in China and says 'German Technology'

They now have ONB unlimited which claims to provide 100% increase, which is also blue-ish. I haven't seen any clear lights in ONB plus lately. All websites (including ONB's) also show blue coating bulb.

Philips Xtreme also is similar. I have that in my Duster and its white light. You do notice a blueish tinge with this bulbs also, on the headlight though.

I should check again and see of there was any other choice on the same, that I missed.
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ONB plus I got this time has a blue coating on half the bulb. And the light is white and quite powerful. They claim it provides 90% more light compared to a standard bulb, which could be true, as I see a huge difference.
Oh Relax! I was talking about the light throw. Not the color on the bulb. ONB+ usually throws daylight kinda shade. not bluish. So I was wondering.
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Oh Relax! I was talking about the light throw. Not the color on the bulb. ONB+ usually throws daylight kinda shade. not bluish. So I was wondering.
Yes you are right about the throw, its white as you say. For the oncoming traffic the headlight reflector appears blue. I think now I have been able to express clearly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks